Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rauls headband

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't blame him for taking it off and suspect it won't be seen again. It ruins his understanding of heading angles.

I appreciate the head isn't a foot, but if you stuck a big sponge on a strikers foot he'd miss too!

Having a keeper with head gear on is fine, he's not meant to head it. Having a striker with it on is ludicrous!

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't blame him for taking it off and suspect it won't be seen again. It ruins his understanding of heading angles.

I appreciate the head isn't a foot, but if you stuck a big sponge on a strikers foot he'd miss too!

Having a keeper with head gear on is fine, he's not meant to head it. Having a striker with it on is ludicrous!
If it’s not seen again and that’s against medical advice then Wolves need ****ing. They have a duty of care to protect there players. If he can’t play with it and the medical advice is he should wear it Wolves can’t play him simple as that.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They need to create one that doesn't cover his forehead so he can still head the ball whilst it protects the sides where the injury occured, I firmly believe he would have scored a header by now if he didn't have it going across his forehead
He'd have also scored a header if Adamas crosses weren't 6 foot above his head

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They need to create one that doesn't cover his forehead so he can still head the ball whilst it protects the sides where the injury occured, I firmly believe he would have scored a header by now if he didn't have it going across his forehead

Yes, he nust feel it's affecting his heading. However, can't blame the headband for him looking a yard slower than before the injury, I blame being too dependent on a single striker that has to play if he's standing, basically,

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I probably wouldn’t want to either but that’s not the point. The point is if medically the advice is he should then he can’t not.
Actually he can. You just take it off. Then the club can work it out.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Actually I think you are on to something here....let's make his headband 6foot tall so he is overall 12ft and can reach traores crosses

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I suspect it may be a condition of his insurance now which may mean he would be uninsured should anything happen to him while he was playing without it.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I noticed him fussing with it throughout the match. Probably slips around with his sweat.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like to see a headband that covers the injured area but leaves the forehead unobstructed, maybe something that velcros under the chin?

Forza Wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
I mentioned this last week, wondering if it was affecting him psychologically. He obviously doesn't like it. Regarding the fractured skull, surely if it's healed then it should be safe to carry on as before? Don Goodman didn't wear a head band after coming back from his skull fracture

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I didn't mind the miss tbh.
But was that why he messed up the rabona too?
And second to everything?
You can dress it up how you want, he's got to work harder than he did today. He was a defenders dream.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I probably wouldn’t want to either but that’s not the point. The point is if medically the advice is he should then he can’t not.
Advice isn't the same as instruction. If he's advised to wear one, he can take it off

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some potentially horrible insurance implications too....

D

Deleted member drgr12429

He's a goalscorer, and when they don't score they look for reasons. Psychologically Raul will think it's the headband, and it might be part of it. A guard which was at the side and top would be better than what he is using now imo.
We need to stick with him as he will come good again. Better to address the failings of all the other people in the team who can't score either.

Last edited by a moderator:

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some people on here really need to read about the legal concept of "duty of care" which all employers have.

But surely the club have complied with their duty of care by providing him with the appropriate safeguards to do his job.

If he removes the safeguards and willingly places himself in harm's way, knowing full well the risks that entail, then the club would be able to argue against the tort on the basis of volenti non fit injura.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ffs if Adama is tearing down the wing me as a player would be targeting the back post it's not rocket science.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some people on here really need to read about the legal concept of "duty of care" which all employers have.
Yes but the club didn’t take his head band off, he did.

Im not condoning him playing without one, I wince watching him going for headers as it is even whilst wearing it but if he forgoes it and that invalidates the insurance it’s his loss not the clubs, surely?

I’d rather a solution is found that keeps him safe and happy, I just want to make that absolutely clear, but the idea about insurance being an issue isn’t as cut and dry as that is it as the insurance is there to cover him, if he chooses to forgo that cover it’s at his own risk surely?

Reactions: Ian
Back
Top Bottom