Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Raul

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there's definite signs of improvement. Needs to be playing regularly to really judge him I think. He should start on Tuesday. Still think we need to sign a centre forward as we can't afford to be leaving our fate to if's, but's and maybe's, but at this point I'd rather keep Raul than Costa as I think he offers us a lot more.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been saying for ages he’s been written off far too easily. The guy has been working under clowns with the weight of the world on his shoulders because he was the only person capable of scoring goals.

He was superb in his cameo today. Exactly the Raul we all know and love and what a finish, a real shame it was offside.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said it after the Forest game. He is on the way back.

I think he was carrying an injury at the start of this season, there is probably plenty in the rumours he and Jonny had a serious fall out with Lage last season and he just wasnt happy. Very few of our players looked happy. The intensity of the training wasnt there.
The mood in the whole squad is very different now, there is some fight where previously people were just shrugging their shoulders. Raul could be the biggest beneficiary, he needs some games to get right back to it. I hope he starts against Liverpool.

I think broadly the same about Jonny. His application looks improved, he starts games poorly but is gettimg stronger as they go along. He can shake the rust off under Lopetegui. I hope we have the patience for it.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to rain on everyone's parade but we still need that 20 goal a season striker. Don't think Jimenez, though improving, or from what little I've seen of Cunha are the men we need tbh. JL is building a decent side and looks to be making serious plans for the future but the one position we seriously lack is a CF who can regularly put the ball in the net imo. Of course we have Sasa and more hopefully Silva to come back next season so perhaps JL is waiting to look at them before making a decision on this position. He seems keener on strengthening the mf and wide areas.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally thought he spent an awful lot of time out of position and out of the game when he should have been in the box.

Should've timed his run better, but lovely finish.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep at it Raul.. would love nothing more than to see him back anywhere near his prime. His link up play and energy have seemed to be back.. and was a nice finish even though offside.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me, we simply have to keep him during this window. I'd be OK selling him in the Summer for the right offer but we need every player we can get who has done it at this level between now and the end of the season. Injuries are going to play a part as we approach April and we need depth.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A big improvement, but as mentioned I want hi in the box when our wide players are looking to cross

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to rain on everyone's parade but we still need that 20 goal a season striker. Don't think Jimenez, though improving, or from what little I've seen of Cunha are the men we need tbh. JL is building a decent side and looks to be making serious plans for the future but the one position we seriously lack is a CF who can regularly put the ball in the net imo. Of course we have Sasa and more hopefully Silva to come back next season so perhaps JL is waiting to look at them before making a decision on this position. He seems keener on strengthening the mf and wide areas.
Everyone outside the top 3 want a 20 goal a season forward

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Said it before but will say it again, Raul suffered not just from his head injury but from the sale of Jota. Ever since we've been shot as an attacking force. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that when we field more attacking players he looks a better (and better) player.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally thought Raul looked promising and hopefully recovering, also Cunha excellent.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The mythical 20 goal a season striker. Arsenal are flying high. Top scorer = 7 goals
Man city walked the league last year. No-one scored more than 17

We undoubtedly would benefit from a no9 that could make better runs at goal and actually finish but it's not the only way to build a successful team

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure it’s been mentioned already, but that finish was reminiscent of his goal v West Ham a few years ago when he stood on the hoardings to celebrate.
I was joyously saying that exact thing at the time, then Spoily McSpoilerface ruled it out.

W

WasStefan

Good luck finding a 20 goal a season striker for less than £60m ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A great finish and all round effort. The main problem with our forward play was at times, the lack of accuracy both in close combination passing and the hopeful punts forward.….even the mythical 20 goal striker will suffer if we don’t improve the accuracy of some of the forward passing

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A big improvement, but as mentioned I want hi in the box when our wide players are looking to cross
I noticed that when he came on, wolves started playing back and when they attacked, they went mostly through the middle, especially Traore. Hardly any chances for crosses.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the first time Raúl has been fully fit in a side with a head coach that has a clue since he suffered that horrific injury, and he still has that utter class on the ball he always had. Sublime finish for his 'goal', would love to see him start with Cunha

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The bloke hasn't hardly any minutes since August. Now his starting to get that under his belt hell be fine. Still has his part to play easily.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

How many teams have got one of them again?

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I can't agree with the original poster, I thought both Raul and Adama look like players that know their time is coming to an end here.

Rauls control isn't anywhere near what it once was and, where he used to bust his balls to get in the box / whilst we attack, he was just jogging around. He seems to be going up for headers and challenges ok, so I'm not sure it's anything physical, it just seems he lacks a bit of desire to me. I think he is off to be honest.

Adama suddenly has no desire to beat 1 man when he used to try and beat 5 at a time, and doesn't seem to have any pace at all. I watched him as Sa was looking for a quick throw out to start a break, Adama was in acres of space but, but was jogging away with his back to the play totally in a world of his own. I just don't think he is bringing much to the party.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure it’s been mentioned already, but that finish was reminiscent of his goal v West Ham a few years ago when he stood on the hoardings to celebrate.
The game Cutrone properly announced himself with a late second, which he cried celebrating, leading to him settling and becoming that second striker we desperately needed...

Back
Top Bottom