Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Raul Penalty Appreciation Thread

W

wrussell97

It's crazy how good he is, I wonder if he'll get 6 more penalties whilst with Wolves and break the Premier League record for greatest 100% record

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he has only missed one in his career,may be wrong there though

He missed one for us in the pre-season friendly, and has missed in a shootout I think for Mexico.
So his record still stands that has never missed a competitive pen from open play.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I won't quote individually, but you are all a bunch of **** taking ****ers.... I love it :)
Great to see you take the banter, in the way it was intended.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He missed one for us in the pre-season friendly, and has missed in a shootout I think for Mexico.
So his record still stands that has never missed a competitive pen from open play.
Yeah i didnt count the friendly,thought he missed one for Mexico,thats pretty damn good for a guy approaching 30

blackbullyV2

Reaction score
Worst penalty since that one of Kenny Miller's. He missed a few but the one was especially pants, it was just like that.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weirdly, I actually get more nervous now as I am almost at the point of just assuming it’s a goal as soon as it’s awarded, such is his quality. Just jeans when the inevitable does happen the disappointment will be crushing.

I’m also really peed off that someone has started this thread with the potential week we have ahead! Talk about jinx.
Like I said

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A thread like this is the kiss of death really isn't it? :oops: ....and at such a crucial juncture in our season too, when penalty shootouts come into the picture! :eek:
Not a kiss of death at all, IMO. I'm just asking if you guys get as nervous as I do or are you calm with confidence...tis all.

But now you have me worried. Can a moderator delete this thread, please?

Still don't think it was a kiss of death to post this thread??

sheffwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As if a thread on a forum can influence a football match!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keeper waited and then guessed right last split second

FairPlay

Can’t really say a terrible pen. No different to the other 26 he has scored

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keeper did very. He had done his homework and did not commit which way to go. At that point it was 50/50 which side Jiminez was going. The keeper made his own luck. So fair play really.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Self imposed ban. I won't post again until the next time I hit Enter on my keyboard.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
keeper had obviously done his homework on Rauls penalties fakes to go to his right then left then right again, but doesn't really move until Raul has hit it

D

Deleted member 8913

Keeper did very. He had done his homework and did not commit which way to go. At that point it was 50/50 which side Jiminez was going. The keeper made his own luck. So fair play really.
Unfortunately the keeper played with him at Atletico and knows he only has one penalty ...a slow deliberate run waiting for the keeper to fall over and then pass it in....this keeper didn’t move and instead Raul was left uncertain and took it softly...

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He hit it so gently the keeper just watched him kick it.
It was a ****ter with VAR etc but hey they battered us 2nd half. We got as far as we could with a tiny squad.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul looked nervous taking the penalty, well, he didn't look his normal self and from what I remember I don't think that stutter at the start of the run is normal either. Also not sure he was just looking at the keeper, almost as focused on the ball.

Memory might be playing tricks but not going to watch it again and that's what is in my head about how he took the penalty!

Still the best penalty taker I've ever seen and hopefully that wasn't his last meaningful contribution in a Wolves shirt after being so brilliant for two years

D

Deleted member 4008

**** penalty move on . He ain't going to score every ****ing penalty is he

D

Deleted member 5910

Unfortunately, every PL keeper will be watching what Bono did, the Bruce Grobelaar theatrics and no doubt try it. Hopefully it was just a brain fart by Raul and not a flaw to be exposed.

Back
Top Bottom