Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rate the Transfer Window!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a hard one. I actually like ALL of the signings that we have made. The problem being, we had other much more pressing areas that were ignored (Central midfield and Central defence). I have scored it a 3, but had we got Sanches and Caleta Car/Botman I would have scored it a 10. Had we signed Dave Edwards and Richard Stearman I would have given us a bloody 6! That shows just how stupid I think we were to ignore those 2 positions.
Not sure about the scoring but agree the rest of it. Perhaps one or two astute free agents (but not Dave or Stears!) might at least paper over the cracks.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a Shiambles .. Bruno wanted 2 oven ready for every position, now he's barely got a good 11 with only a handful of experienced players to compete and cover. We will have to be lucky to survive and prosper this season.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4/10 for me. Trincao looks handy but ultimately covers the loss of Neto for now. Mosquera? No idea, not going to judge him on a few friendlies. But ultimately we need players to be hitting the ground running and to strengthen our obvious weaknesses and we failed miserably. We tried to add players and missed on just about all, it's a little embarrassing really.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For a club that prides itself on selling players for a big profit, I feel we need to be more savvy at selling players.

There is such a thing as a good sale. Adama - in my opinion - should have been sold last season when his stock was highest.

Failure to do so had the knock on effect of him being openly available for 50 mil this summer and led to the uncertainty of our budget.

That being said, I wouldn't have trusted Sellars to spend the 50 million. Probably just have bought 103 Man City Youth players.

Experienced DOF is an absolute must.

I don't know what point I'm making here but IM DOING IT WITH VIGOUR

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For a club that prides itself on selling players for a big profit, I feel we need to be more savvy at selling players.

There is such a thing as a good sale. Adama - in my opinion - should have been sold last season when his stock was highest.

Failure to do so had the knock on effect of him being openly available for 50 mil this summer and led to the uncertainty of our budget.

That being said, I wouldn't have trusted Sellars to spend the 50 million. Probably just have bought 103 Man City Youth players.

Experienced DOF is an absolute must.

I don't know what point I'm making here but IM DOING IT WITH VIGOUR
Until Shi is prepared to relinquish control of everything he has no knowledge off, nothing will change.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Until Shi is prepared to relinquish control of everything he has no knowledge off, nothing will change.
Agreed.

Its always the way with autocratically managed companies. The one I worked for has scary parallels to Wolves. A despot who is 'head of everything'.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed.

Its always the way with autocratically managed companies. The one I worked for has scary parallels to Wolves. A despot who is 'head of everything'.
The trick will be whether fosun continue to support this structure for the club or change it after this debacle.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would be surprised at any of the Exec's leaving. They had constraints on what action they could take, some posed by internal realities and some external. From a strategic standpoint they too will have hoped for better outcomes but will take the view we should survive until more favourable conditions dictate. It was in no one's interest that they failed to satisfy fans and followers expectations, but they had the tough decisions to make not the fans and followers.
If Wolves keep producing good football and start putting away clear chances the results will follow, and perhaps we will be a more attractive option to targeted players; at the same time selling clubs may reduce their demands if they feel we aren't desperate enough to meet them.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And I was one of them SW.
Yo, Probably had too many 'uppers' at voting time!

Brave man for publicly admitting it mate!

All good. I’ve calmed down now, but think the club have lost a lot of good will and trust over the last few months. Unfortunate really as it’s been such a joy having Fosun and Jeff here before this turn of events.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was unsure to be honest...I first voted 8 because we kept Adama,and Ruben,and signed Ait-Nouri,bought in Mosquera and Hwang who have to be given a chance.Instead of writing them off before they've played a game.But then changed it to 6 because we day get a midfielder in and let Morgan gew out on loan.If we had got a top class midfielder in it would probably have bin a 9.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I was unsure to be honest...I first voted 8 because we kept Adama,and Ruben,and signed Ait-Nouri,bought in Mosquera and Hwang who have to be given a chance.Instead of writing them off before they've played a game.But then changed it to 6 because we day get a midfielder in and let Morgan gew out on loan.If we had got a top class midfielder in it would probably have bin a 9.
That’s what I scored them and why

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brave man for publicly admitting it mate!

All good. I’ve calmed down now, but think the club have lost a lot of good will and trust over the last few months. Unfortunate really as it’s been such a joy having Fosun and Jeff here before this turn of events.
Yo, not afraid to put my head above the parapet buddy.
After all I was born in Tupelo Mississippi, which regrettably was part of the Grey Coats Confederacy .

oldsamdingle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why aint zero in the poll, These ****ing idiots have left us with 3 senior Midfielders till the next window, HOW IN THE NAME OF GOD CAN ENYONE DEFEND THAT, If Neves and Traore dont **** off in the next window they must be mad, may'be Pinocchio will tell them Fosun will bring in 3 or 4 quality players :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Up till deadline day 8 out of 10, after deadline day 6 out of 10. The letting go of MGW as well as failing to sign a proper CM or CB was just so poor. Not so worried about the CB for now because of Kilman's emergence and Mosquera's promise. But no cm is just unbeliveable while letting MGW go.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would have taken Ross Barkley on loan rather than getting nothing.
Anguissa who went on loan to Napoli with an option to buy for 17m euros was the one we really missed out on. Would have been perfect with Neves and an exciting player for relative peanuts. Perhaps Sellars has not heard of him?

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I gave it a 4, if we’d have kept MGW it would have been a 5, if we’d have added a CM it would have been a 6 or 7 depending on the quality, if we’d have added a CB it would’ve been an 8 or depending on the quality.

I cannot, and will not get my head around the decision to let MGW go under these circumstances.

It's because he's going to be sold. As another poster put it yesterday, he's being 'fattened up for market', as it were.

The more time goes on, the more this becomes clear to me; our academy products (MGW, Giles, Sanderson etc) aren't meant for the first team. That's the remit of Jeff and Mendes to bring in players that will attract foreign markets, whereas the purpose of the academy is to churn players out to then be sent away on loan with a view to a sale.

I'd really like this not to be the case as (for me) it's not a particularly appealing way of running the club you love, but then again, the romance went out of football a while back.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a reasonable mood with the cricket so given them a more than generous 3.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't want to start a new thread for this.

But there's another Canadian player I'd wager is headed to Europe in the winter window and I really hope we look at this one. MLS will be done and he's currently on 52K pounds per year. He's rated just under $3M on transfermarkt, although I could see him costing more like $6M. He brings something Wolves lack - he's an absolute destroyer. Players hate to play against him. He tackles with no care for his body and extremely hard, but it's almost always clean. He even looks crazy. Just turned 23.

Good coverage for Semedo though a loan in the Championship might be okay for the remainder of this season. He's a beast in MLS and consistently been one of Canada's best since joining the program.

He also loves the fans.

John Herdman, the Canadian National Team coach, profiles him similar to César Azpilicueta. Obviously not on that level yet... but that's still high praise.

Alistair Johnston.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't want to start a new thread for this.

But there's another Canadian player I'd wager is headed to Europe in the winter window and I really hope we look at this one. MLS will be done and he's currently on 52K pounds per year. He's rated just under $3M on transfermarkt, although I could see him costing more like $6M. He brings something Wolves lack - he's an absolute destroyer. Players hate to play against him. He tackles with no care for his body and extremely hard, but it's almost always clean. He even looks crazy. Just turned 23.

Good coverage for Semedo though a loan in the Championship might be okay for the remainder of this season. He's a beast in MLS and consistently been one of Canada's best since joining the program.

He also loves the fans.

John Herdman, the Canadian National Team coach, profiles him similar to César Azpilicueta. Obviously not on that level yet... but that's still high praise.

Alistair Johnston.
Would be great if a Vancouver lad joined Wolves:)

Back
Top Bottom