Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rafa Mir

What would you do with Rafa Mir?

• Sell him. Take all the cash.

Votes: 37 23.3%
  • Use him as part of a deal to attract better.

Votes: 31 19.5%
  • Get him back. Got to be worth a look.

Votes: 91 57.2%

• Total voters
T

TheConcourse

What would you do with Rafa?

Edit: for all the smart ones out there (I see you ;) ), this is purely hypothetical.

Last edited by a moderator:

koplex

Groupie
Reaction score
He wont want to come back and be a bit part player to Raul. he has one year left on his deal, and his stock is currently very high. He wont sign a new deal IMO. Sell him or trade him for in for CM or CB. Same with Vinagre.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely let him go, if it is for a player or cash I don’t mind so long as the player is on we’d sign anyway.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Impossible to answer without knowing if he wants to sign a contract extension or not.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel that the club will likely bring him back to see if he fits what Nuno (or a new manager) want to do, then they'll look to do either of the other 2 should he not fit the plans.

The loan has definitely worked out for him though, 15 in 33 in all comps this year in a Huesca side struggling against relegation is excellent. If we don't want to keep him, a team in Spain will definitely cough up for him.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Surely it doesn't have to be an either/or situation? We can bring him back and take a look through pre-season. Anyone who wants to buy him will surely still want to buy him at the end of the transfer window as much as at the start.

We have time. If we don't think he's good enough or doesn't fit or he doesn't want to stay based on a full pre-season then we can sell him to the highest bidder but I can't see the logic in letting him go straight away without even assessing his development.

If he was Huesca's player and we were linked with him for £20M I think most people would be quite excited by that. The fact he's already our player could potentially save us a fortune if everyone involved is happy to give it a good go.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely it doesn't have to be an either/or situation? We can bring him back and take a look through pre-season. Anyone who wants to buy him will surely still want to buy him at the end of the transfer window as much as at the start.

We have time. If we don't think he's good enough or doesn't fit or he doesn't want to stay based on a full pre-season then we can sell him to the highest bidder but I can't see the logic in letting him go straight away without even assessing his development.

If he was Huesca's player and we were linked with him for £20M I think most people would be quite excited by that. The fact he's already our player could potentially save us a fortune if everyone involved is happy to give it a good go.
Great post - exactly how i feel about the situation.

D

Deleted member 11332

That's not really the point. I think we will definitely want to take a look, why wouldn't we? It's that he more than likely will want to stay in Spain and with his contract running down we have very little leverage if he says he wants to go to Spain, unless we are willing to let a 20m asset walk for nothing for one season of potentially limited pay.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are too many unknowns to vote imo. We don't know the contractual details, Nuno's thoughts on Mir, Mir's thoughts on wanting to return to Wolves etc....

I'd be astounded if we have just sent Mir off to Huesca without having regular updates, regular dialogue with our player and without discussions within Wolves about what is best for us and Rafa!

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's not really the point. I think we will definitely want to take a look, why wouldn't we? It's that he more than likely will want to stay in Spain and with his contract running down we have very little leverage if he says he wants to go to Spain, unless we are willing to let a 20m asset walk for nothing for one season of potentially limited pay.
And that's fine. I just hope we have a good go at convincing him to come back and try his luck. We can offer premier league football and a lucrative new contract if he impresses then if he still wants to go back to Spain, good luck to the lad.

If he really doesn't want to come back then that's ok but we have time for everyone to sit down and think carefully about it. Spanish clubs will still want him at the end. What I don't want to see is us selling him off as soon as the transfer window opens when we know we need a new striker and we have one worth £20M or so that has never kicked a ball for us, despite impressing in the Spanish top flight.

I think that would be a mistake.

D

Deleted member 11332

And that's fine. I just hope we have a good go at convincing him to come back and try his luck. We can offer premier league football and a lucrative new contract if he impresses then if he still wants to go back to Spain, good luck to the lad.

If he really doesn't want to come back then that's ok but we have time for everyone to sit down and think carefully about it. Spanish clubs will still want him at the end. What I don't want to see is us selling him off as soon as the transfer window opens when we know we need a new striker and we have one worth £20M or so that has never kicked a ball for us, despite impressing in the Spanish top flight.

I think that would be a mistake.

We can offer him the potential of some sub appearances and some cup football, unless we go with a front 2 which is unlikely I'd say.

Those discussions would already have been had, we will know if he's happy to come back or not. If he isn't then he'll be sold to the highest bidder. If I was his advisor I'd tell him not to return, he's at his most valuable now so whatever we'd offer financially would probably be matched by a team in Spain based on him being their main man and he is pretty much guaranteed first team football in his home country and league he's already been successful in. It's an absolute no brainer from his perspective not to stay at wolves.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stafford, it ain’t gonna happen - Sheffield, West Brom and Fulham are already relegated.
There’s some right doom mongers on here.

I was answering from Huesca's perspective, as Wolves don't have a say in this.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get as much money as we can and pop a decent sell-on clause in.

We've got better strikers here and there is no guarantee he'd do well in the PL.

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All comes down to a) what our plan/strategy is next season in terms of formation and style b) whether or not Mir is deemed suitable and good enough to fit that. I wouldn’t judge that alone from a few goals in Spain. Jose had scored goals in Spain but hasn’t really looked like scoring many in the Premier League.
My gut feel is sell, unless you’re absolutely sure that he’s the man to be the second striker.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What would you do with Rafa?

Edit: for all the smart ones out there (I see you ;) ), this is purely hypothetical.
There is already a Rafa Mir thread. You might want to edit yours a tad as they might cause confusion, especially now as he’s a hot player and he will generate more posts.
I thought this was that thread.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can get 20m euros use that to sign Ocampos or Trincao / both I’m not sold on Guedes at all

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
let's hope he scores and huesca lose tonight. Relegation might mean they can't buy him for 7 million.

T

TheConcourse

There is already a Rafa Mir thread. You might want to edit yours a tad as they might cause confusion, especially now as he’s a hot player and he will generate more posts.
I thought this was that thread.
Dude. I don’t sit here examining every thread before posting. I’m sure the mods will merge if that improves everyone’s experience.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dude. I don’t sit here examining every thread before posting. I’m sure the mods will merge if that improves everyone’s experience.
Sorry. Genuinely was only trying to be helpful......presumed you mightn’t have known about the other.

Paris Wolf

Reaction score
Huesca won last night and are out of the relegation zone. Draws in the remaining two games, one of which is against a poor Valencia team with nothing to play for, and they should be fine as Valladolid have three of the top seven in their remaining three. Depends how Valladolid and Eibar fare tonight and on Sunday. Eibar have Barca in their last match though.

Oh, and forgot to say that I have actually seen Rafa play! First half in the UhrenCup match against Young Boys in Biel three years ago. Looked alright! Polite fellah. I said "bravo Rafa" as they went off at half time and he nodded back. (eliciting a "do you know him?" from my then 10yo son).

Paris Wolf

Reaction score
I'm not sure that we have to accept their offer if they are relegated. They could try but...
I think it's more a case of Huesca not being able to afford to sign him if they're relegated, whereas if they stay up, they'll want to exercise the sale clause.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rafa Mir scored for Sevilla toinght against Man City at City and almost scored before that putting a header just went wide of the post.
He looks a completely different player now than he was playing for us just a handful of games was it in the championship?
He is much stronger and faster than before out pacing the Man City defence early on in this game.

Another striker that we could do with right now like Fabio and Campana scored more goals than we've scored all season

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rafa Mir scored for Sevilla toinght against Man City at City and almost scored before that putting a header just went wide of the post.
He looks a completely different player now than he was playing for us just a handful of games was it in the championship?
He is much stronger and faster than before out pacing the Man City defence early on in this game.

Another striker that we could do with right now like Fabio and Campana scored more goals than we've scored all season
Perhaps @Guzeppi was right.....

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Push pineapple shake the tree..

Back
Top Bottom