Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Raúl and THAT photo...

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So ****ing what?

What difference does it make to anything whatsoever?

Win, lose or draw, scoring or not, it makes no difference to the outcome of the game or the outcome of the next game.

He saw a fellow countryman in the crowd, looks like he gave him his shirt maybe and posed for a photo.

That Mexico fan (makes no difference he was Arsenal) will have a memory that'll last a lifetime.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He took a photo with a day tripper fan (the Emirates is full of them, trust me I was surrounded by them in the upper tier) in this instance clearly Mexico fans and not Arsenal fans. Raul is like Beckham over there.

He took a photo with them, fair play, proves he’s a nice guy. I’d much rather that than the players who refuse to interact with fans.

I honestly couldn’t give a **** about that photo.

T

TheConcourse

Spoiler: the picture isn’t really the issue.

Yep. No issue at all. This isn’t Boly having a laugh and joke with Big Sam after the Albion defeat.

Raul is a good guy, he’s had a horrible 18 months and he’s probably taking advantage of every moment to give memories. Fair play to him.

He’s bang out of form though, which is the real reason why the picture is an issue.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some misdirected venting. Guy is lucky to be alive. Also lucky to be starting PL games, to be fair. Hard to see Raul scoring outside of another gift from a keeper, though. Don’t know that he would he have put Hwang’s goal away. I’d really hoped his sublime take and volley would have kickstarted him but it looks like it was just a hot second.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I don’t have an issue with it personally. He’d already been over to the away end which is the main thing.

If some people do have an issue then fine it’s up to them. It’s very disheartening (but not surprising) when you see how far some people take it. Amazing what some people think is acceptable to say about something like this. Fair enough if you don’t think Raul had a good game but that’s not a reason for vile abuse.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He came to the Wolves end first and passed his shirt to a steward to give to a kid holding up a Raul sign.
Ok, well that's irrelevant in any case.

Just because we lost, doesn't mean he should keep his head down and not strive to be the exceptional human being he seems to be.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spoiler: the picture isn’t really the issue.

Yep. No issue at all. This isn’t Boly having a laugh and joke with Big Sam after the Albion defeat.

Raul is a good guy, he’s had a horrible 18 months and he’s probably taking advantage of every moment to give memories. Fair play to him.

He’s bang out of form though, which is the real reason why the picture is an issue.
The picture is an issue... In your mind.

It says it all that you reference Boly being civil with Allardyce. You'd probably be lauding Boly if he'd chinned big Sam.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is an issue.

It should hurt. It hurt me losing in the last minute and if an Arsenal fan wanted a picture in the pub, outside the ground or whatever you’d tell them to do one, especially if it was minutes after a massive defeat.

That doesn’t mean he warrants abuse, obviously. But it also doesn’t mean you have to pretend to be cool about it.

Yes, a minor thing bug It was **** to see.

Go to them 20-30 minutes after or something.

T

TheConcourse

The picture is an issue... In your mind.

It says it all that you reference Boly being civil with Allardyce. You'd probably be lauding Boly if he'd chinned big Sam.
Yeah, that’s more of a reflection of you Bill - sorry to say.

I’m suggesting that there are ways for showing a lack of respect for fans at the wrong times and genuinely being irritated at the outcomes of some games.

You don’t react like that against your rivals in a game that means everything to fans.

Raul didn’t do that.
Boly did.

You brought violence into the conversation.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s more of a reflection of you Bill - sorry to say.

I’m suggesting that there are ways for showing a lack of respect for fans at the wrong times and genuinely being irritated at the outcomes of some games.

You don’t react like that against your rivals in a game that means everything to fans.

Raul didn’t do that.
Boly did.

You brought violence into the conversation.
Amazing stuff. Nice deflection from the fact you're genuinely upset by individuals talking to one another, just because your team lost.

We're not at war. Perspective mate FFS.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ok, well that's irrelevant in any case.

Just because we lost, doesn't mean he should keep his head down and not strive to be the exceptional human being he seems to be.
I wasn’t arguing with you, simply correcting your incorrect presumption.

Personally I couldn’t care less what players do before or after the game, or even at half-time.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was more concerned at Trincao laughing his head off when Semedo went off seriously injured.
I thought that Trincao was laughing at abuse Semedo was getting from Arsenal players/fans/officials who weren’t onscreen at the time. I took it as him laughing at their anger.

Only Trincao will know for sure.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought that Trincao was laughing at abuse Semedo was getting from Arsenal players/fans/officials who weren’t onscreen at the time. I took it as him laughing at their anger.

Only Trincao will know for sure.
So did I. It's funny to see thousands of people spitting bullets due to someone having a genuine injury. I take solace in the fact one of them will have broken a toe on a kerb whilst walking home. Hopefully his mates were there to enjoy it.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's doubtful he was laughing at Semedo eh?

Maybe he remembered the Funkhouser joke from Curb your enthusiasm.

It would make me laugh no matter the circumstances.

Of course he wasn't laughing at that. Just Semedo was obviously in pain, Bruno, the staff and all Wolves fans looked really concerned yet Trincao was laughing at something , as Semedo limped past him. Just looked a bit out of place as players generally are concerned when one limps off injured.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Raúl has done this in the past. He goes over to the stands whenever he sees a Mexican fan, signs his shirt and gives it to the fans, has a chat with them, whether they're Wolves or not (Chances are they're not Wolves fans lol) . What the **** is wrong with Wolves fans if you thinks that's a problem?

Do you know what it's like not hearing your native language from a fellow country man for a long time?
Whether or not he's out of form is irrelevant. Raúl is a nice person outside of football, he's a humble family man. It's not like he's out partying with the opposition. Jesus ****ing Christ the Molineux Mix astounds me sometimes.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raúl has done this in the past. He goes over to the stands whenever he sees a Mexican fan, signs his shirt and gives it to the fans, has a chat with them, whether they're Wolves or not (Chances are they're not Wolves fans lol) . What the **** is wrong with Wolves fans if you thinks that's a problem?

Do you know what it's like not hearing your native language from a fellow country man for a long time?
Whether or not he's out of form is irrelevant. Raúl is a nice person outside of football, he's a humble family man. It's not like he's out partying with the opposition. Jesus ****ing Christ the Molineux Mix astounds me sometimes.
Well said.

Literally, nothing wrong with what he did.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
It is an issue.

It should hurt. It hurt me losing in the last minute and if an Arsenal fan wanted a picture in the pub, outside the ground or whatever you’d tell them to do one, especially if it was minutes after a massive defeat.

That doesn’t mean he warrants abuse, obviously. But it also doesn’t mean you have to pretend to be cool about it.

Why are you so spectacularly wrong in everything you post? Do you work hard on it? It's always reassuring to me to know that whatever you comment on my opinion is the opposite. I'm honestly beginning to wonder if you're a parody account.

R

reanswolf

I ****in hate him for what he did..............................only joking :)-.

Alls good in the world and emotion after a 95th minute losing goal isn't reasonable.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is an issue.

I disagree with almost everything you write, except for this. To go over at the end of the game to arsenal supporters was wrong, even if he went to wolves first. Like Hwang after he missed the chance at the start of the second half got a friendly tap from the arsenal keeper and responded gratefully. Soft. We need to have an attitude of winning or at least fighting for our pack. And losing should hurt very badly. It's not about self promotion or smiling at your opponent on the field. Raul and Hwang were in a losing side and both played badly. They should have applauded wolves fans and then gone back to the changing room to think and be with their team.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rationalise it all you like, I still think it’s completely inappropriate and wrong.

For what it’s worth though, it doesn’t change my love for the man.

Move on.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine we lost 2-1 at The Hawthorns with the last kick of the game and Jimenez took a picture with someone in the Albion end with a Mexican flag.

Now, according to the logic of posters on here, that would be fine.

Swapping Arsenal for West Brom shouldn't make a difference to those defending him because they're defending him on the basis that he's seen the Mexican flag and he's just being a nice person. So, the ground he did it at should be irrelevant. As we know, this would not be defended if he did at Albion.

Echo sedgwolf's comments though. Still love Raul but think it was wrong.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

ESO! ESO! ESO!

Translation:

Raul always goes and chats with fans and sometimes is the only one who'll wave a people whereas other players just look down and keep on walking.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I disagree with almost everything you write, except for this. To go over at the end of the game to arsenal supporters was wrong, even if he went to wolves first. Like Hwang after he missed the chance at the start of the second half got a friendly tap from the arsenal keeper and responded gratefully. Soft. We need to have an attitude of winning or at least fighting for our pack. And losing should hurt very badly. It's not about self promotion or smiling at your opponent on the field. Raul and Hwang were in a losing side and both played badly. They should have applauded wolves fans and then gone back to the changing room to think and be with their team.
I'm thinking those two weren't Arsenal fans, they were Raul fans.

T

TheConcourse

Amazing stuff. Nice deflection from the fact you're genuinely upset by individuals talking to one another, just because your team lost.

We're not at war. Perspective mate FFS.
Wait, are you serious?

Nothing like taking away all context to try and validate your argument.

War was never brought into the conversation, this was about a comparison between actions and why fans shouldn’t be upset about what Raul did.

Classy though, Bill. Nothing like trying to gain some social credibility by bringing a war into things. You’re a real inspiration.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wait, are you serious?

Nothing like taking away all context to try and validate your argument.

War was never brought into the conversation, this was about a comparison between actions and why fans shouldn’t be upset about what Raul did.

Classy though, Bill. Nothing like trying to gain some social credibility by bringing a war into things. You’re a real inspiration.
I'm deadly serious. You got your knickers in a twist because Willy Boly shared a light hearted moment with the coach of our rivals after he'd just beaten us.

And it sounds like you're holding a grudge, which is pretty weird, given it was over a year ago and Albion couldn't be much more irrelevant right now.

T

TheConcourse

I'm deadly serious. You got your knickers in a twist because Willy Boly shared a light hearted moment with the coach of our rivals after he'd just beaten us.

And it sounds like you're holding a grudge, which is pretty weird, given it was over a year ago and Albion couldn't be much more irrelevant right now.
I’m giving context about why I think fans would have felt irritated. Last night wasn’t one of those nights.

It might also surprise you that everyone doesn’t run at the same level with emotions. Imagine that, huh? Some fans were irritated with Boly. Some not so much.

You were in camp latter.

Have a good night, camper. I’m oot.

Back
Top Bottom