Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Quick Question

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was flicking through the Wolves Instagram and noticed on the Millwall line up/bench that we had 6 players classed as home grown unless one of Doherty or Douglas are classed as home grown as well?

X11: Ruddy, Bennett, Coady, Boly, Doherty, Douglas, Neves, Saiss, Costa, Jota, Cavaliero
Subs: Norris, N’Diaye, Batth, Miranda, Enobakhare, Vinagre, Bonatini

Could someone clarify as I thought we were required to have 7 in the match day 18 and I only count 6?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Did have some discussion at the time including a lot of confusion about Doc and Douglas.

Looking forward next season we will need to name a 25 man squad including 8 homegrown players. Not sure if there is a match squad restriction?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So it'll be 7 in matchday squad in the EFL next season, yet in the Premier League it's 8 from a squad of 25! That also doesn't include players under the age of 21 that don't count towards that 25

So technically we have Norris, Coady, Bennett, Ruddy, Hause, Ronan and Gibbs-White that you would expect to remain around the first team squad next season. Add another academy player to that list and you have your quota of 8 as required, with only 5 of them counting towards the 25. Work permits will of course be much easier to obtain as a Premier League side too.

Never mind - just looked and it's only players over 21 that can count towards those 8 homegrown players. So effectively we'd need three more, unless Batth, Price and Burgoyne were kept.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
So it'll be 7 in matchday squad in the EFL next season, yet in the Premier League it's 8 from a squad of 25! That also doesn't include players under the age of 21 that don't count towards that 25

So technically we have Norris, Coady, Bennett, Ruddy, Hause, Ronan and Gibbs-White that you would expect to remain around the first team squad next season. Add another academy player to that list and you have your quota of 8 as required, with only 5 of them counting towards the 25. Work permits will of course be much easier to obtain as a Premier League side too.

Never mind - just looked and it's only players over 21 that can count towards those 8 homegrown players. So effectively we'd need three more, unless Batth, Price and Burgoyne were kept.

Could we not use Iorfa and Graham as homegrown players, then loan them out? Or do they have to be at the club to count?

W

Wolves Barmy Army

I've heard that Hause has been linked to Watford and Huddersfield for a fee of 2.5 million would you guys let him go?
I wouldn't I think he is a good player and prospect for the future but his contract will end soon so they might think of cashing out on him I hope not

W

Wolves Barmy Army

Also Joe Mason will be back from his loan to Burton Albion tomorrow

W

Wolves Barmy Army

What do you guys think of the rumors of Nelson Oliveira ?
I don't really want him at Wolves he hasn't really done much this season or the ones before and he would come with a big price tag 10+ million and I don't think he is good enough for the premier league and I think that money could be spent better

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't really want him at Wolves he hasn't really done much this season or the ones before and he would come with a big price tag 10+ million and I don't think he is good enough for the premier league and I think that money could be spent better
Yes - six months ago.

But we didn't know any better.

Today - no thanks.

P

Pinhead

I don't really think he will bring anything to the table that will benefit us to be honest and even more so for 10+million

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could we not use Iorfa and Graham as homegrown players, then loan them out? Or do they have to be at the club to count?

They are only counted after the window closes, so unfortunately, no we couldn't. We could always sign a couple of good English players in the summer anyway - Andre Gray is a Gestifute client. Ryan Fredericks would be able competition for Doherty at wing back and also help fill this quota, so really does look like a win-win given his current contract situation. I'm a big fan as well of Adam Reach at Sheffield Wednesday, versatile in that he could play across the front three or at left wing back. If not him then Joe Bryan if Bristol City don't go up.

After those I'm really struggling to think of Championship players that would genuinely improve us if we went up... Tom Cairney is quality but would be very expensive. Ollie Watkins (who will be playing for Brentford tomorrow) suits the young and hungry model but probably needs a couple of seasons in the Championship before he's ready to step up.

I know he's not a popular player on here but I'm a big fan of Aden Flint at Brizzle too. Absolute monster in the air and actually very decent on the ball too. Love him or hate him he's excellent at both ends.

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing we can guarantee is that if we do pay big money it will be on a player who has the potential for a big resale fee. That for me rules out both Oliveira and Gayle.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Don't think we'd want to try to get through a season with 23 players though even if that was possible. Obviously there are complications but we've already had 24 different players on the pitch this season in league games. Anyway I'd be very surprised if Iorfa or Graham were on the books next season. Players like MGW, Ronan and Wilson would be available in addition to the squad of 25. Doubt it will be an issue next season with 7 more places and only 2 more 'homegrown' players needed.

Back
Top Bottom