Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Queue for the train after the match

E

Edgmond Wolf

We are nearly always very tight to catch the train.....we will miss it now

pucewarrior

Groupie
Reaction score
And also gave people a brilliant 1 days notice (despite many possibly booking advance tickets for certain times trains).
Haven't they knocked half the station down over the last week so they can start on the new station, I imagine it is more to do with that isn't it?

W

wolvesultra

Haven't they knocked half the station down over the last week so they can start on the new station, I imagine it is more to do with that isn't it?
Not really knocked down the walk way down is kind of mostly blocked off so you walk down the side that's about it. Its been like that since the start of the season too.

D

Deleted member 4456

Whenever I've taken the train home, from night games especially, the station has usually been deserted and the train is already waiting. Clueless, unnecessary stuff.

D

Deleted member 3518

Thankfully go the pub after the game and get a later train, agree totally unnecessary.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

I’ve used train to Manchester since start of last season and never seen any problems ever. Will be interested to see how this can improve the situation as I see no problems at all at moment.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get the train back to Stafford, I’ll be ****ed off if I have to queue, we have a few beers in town before we head back though so hopefully this nonsense will be over by then.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it ain't broke don't fix it. Some jobsworth making a name for himself...or is it 'elf and safety, it usually is. Glad to say I'm driving, not getting the train as I usually do.

CrazyCrane

Groupie
Reaction score
I often get the train back to Brum, never had a problem, if I miss one I wait patiently for the next. Probably more people trying to get across brum every night between 5 & 6 pm from New Street on my line. Why not have a queueing system for that??.... Plonkers. Will have to convince the missus to let me have the car tomorrow now.

F

Flynn

Every time I've used the train it's been fine. No worse than rush hour in any city across the country. Really don't understand why they're doing this, seems completely excessive.

L

long ball man

Definitely a solution looking for a problem that doesnt exist. Its great fun running from the Mol to get the 1705 to Coseley or 1720 to Sandwell. Having to queue ith people who shuffle along at their own pace. Rubbish.

Fra more congestion on a weekday morning at Rowley Regis tbh.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone in and around the station know if there is any hassle getting back to Stafford? Probably stop in Wolverhampton for an hour or so anyway.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

I got at station at 20 past 5. They had a queue outside station to get in but only took a few Minutes. Not sure what the point was.

N

Northamptonwolf

Complete waste of time. They put barriers up meaning the path was half the width causing issues that never used to exist.

This then had the knock on effect of causing everyone to knock into each other on platform 1 trying to get over to platform 3 and 4.

There is just no need

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The officers outside repeatedly stated that we had to wait because “the platforms are all full”. Despite the fact our queue was in full view of the platforms which were decidedly empty.

Designed to stir up some trouble if you ask me and they almost got it, it was getting a bit vocal at the front. Perhaps they need some arrest numbers boosting.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The 20 past 5 to Tipton never turned up AGAIN. ****ing useless service

W

wolvesultra

Designed to stir up some trouble if you ask me and they almost got it, it was getting a bit vocal at the front. Perhaps they need some arrest numbers boosting.

Hmm funny you say that after what I was told last night. They let a group of Watford ‘lads’ walk right through town right to a pub full of Wolves faces (many of whom actually had their kids with them etc) and only intervened once Wolves obliged.

It’s been pretty peaceful at Wolves for a while now. I’m thinking WMP dedicated football unit needed to justify their existence.

G

George Berry's Afro

Hmm funny you say that after what I was told last night. They let a group of Watford ‘lads’ walk right through town right to a pub full of Wolves faces (many of whom actually had their kids with them etc) and only intervened once Wolves obliged.

It’s been pretty peaceful at Wolves for a while now. I’m thinking WMP dedicated football unit needed to justify their existence.
They love it don’t they. I got the train in to Wolves yesterday for the first time in years. It was my 10 year olds first experience and he said why are there so many police and I replied they were justifying their existence at football matches.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

When I was in queue, which was less then 5 minutes, the police were facing up to a couple of ****ed up guys between the queue and the car park. It was pretty obvious the guys were being dicks and we’re going to get knicked. If the 2 guys had queued patiently then they would have been fine, but the introduction of the queues is only going to cause trouble where it didn’t exist before.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First world problems. God help you when we have a 60,000 capacity stadium.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They love it don’t they. I got the train in to Wolves yesterday for the first time in years. It was my 10 year olds first experience and he said why are there so many police and I replied they were justifying their existence at football matches.

Think it had something to do with 1,500 Sunderland at Shrewsbury.

3,300 Blues at Stoke

3,500 Albion at Wigan

Wolves at home and Villa at home, all potentially using the station.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting to read this thread. I drove yesterday but I normally get the 1720 train to Liverpool. Anyone have any issues with this yesterday? Obviously most Wolves fans normally get off at Stafford.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
New train station queuing system to continue after Wolves games

Nonsense to continue as one person says it “worked well”.

Mel Bryett, station manager at Wolverhampton, said: “To be honest I just made this up last week.”

“Nobody really knows why a station has a ‘manager’, so I’ve created this plan so that I can remove it in a year and be hailed an incredible genius.”

“I’m hoping they’ll name one of the new buildings after me.”

When asked about the new system, a West Midlands Police officer said: “Dunno mate.”

Last edited:
W

wolvesultra

Interesting to read this thread. I drove yesterday but I normally get the 1720 train to Liverpool. Anyone have any issues with this yesterday? Obviously most Wolves fans normally get off at Stafford.
This is the train my brother and niece get (and me sometimes if going back with them).

Its a bit of a rush to make it as it is, with a small child plus we always stay to the end.

Looks like no chance now due to this silly system, will have to be the 5.54 which will likely be even busier as a lot won't make that 5.20. Like you say its very busy till Stafford, especially for Penkridge (which other northern bound trains don't stop at).

W

wolvesultra

New train station queuing system to continue after Wolves games

Nonsense to continue as one person says it “worked well”.

Mel Bryett, station manager at Wolverhampton, said: “To be honest I just made this up last week.”

“Nobody really knows why a station has a ‘manager’, so I’ve created this plan so that I can remove it in a year and be hailed an incredible genius.”

“I’m hoping they’ll name one of the new buildings after me.”
Stupid decision, Imagine the uproar if they did this during rush hour. Typical stick it to football fans nobody will stick up for them.

Back
Top Bottom