Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Question Time - John Barnes

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The subject of Liam Neeson comments last week will obviousy cause discussion, but John Barnes, which ever side you see the argument, was a pleasure to listen generally tonight.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The subject of Liam Neeson comments last week will obviousy cause discussion, but John Barnes, which ever side you see the argument, was a pleasure to listen generally tonight.
Certainly not the stereotypical footballer. Considered thoughtful responses.

D

Deleted member 5242

Met him once at Hereford town and he seemed ok. I know plenty who say otherwise though

Dawnwolf

Reaction score

Apart from calling the general public thick I agree, although he's probably right but could have worded it better.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever John Barnes says I usually have to record it and listen to it again at 50% speed.

Irrespective of the content he's a very difficult man to listen to.

I think he's managed to pick his way through this sensationalist bull**** to give a rational answer (but I've only read it, rather than have to listen to it).

Liam Neeson has a film coming out and needs to promote it. Usually theres a sliding scale, the worse the film, the more sensational the lie.

Neeson pushed the boundaries with this one but I doubt it would have garnered as much interest if he'd said the local shoe shop didn't have his size.

We're all constantly getting played... Always and by both sides.

Anyone whose ever said "watch this" before lobbing in a wind-up grenade, will know exactly what I mean.

I'd imagine this film is average to ****...
But perhaps I'm wrong.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
We were on Soccer AM and Craig burley was on. After we went for a few pints with Lovejoy and Burley abd a few of the crew, he was scathing about Barnes as a manager
He was a spectacularly awful manager. Was a disaster at Celtic, and at Tranmere- the nicknames for him and Jason McAteer were dumb and dumber, and that was from his own players. He lasted about a dozen games there. Perhaps if he’d talked about racism instead of team tactics, he would have been more successful as a head coach.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apart from calling the general public thick I agree, although he's probably right but could have worded it better.
I don't think that he did. Saying, inaccurately as he said several times that he was talking about himself, that he had was the way the lairy female (can't remember her name and no idea who she was) who disagreed with him tried to discredit his views.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were on Soccer AM and Craig burley was on. After we went for a few pints with Lovejoy and Burley abd a few of the crew, he was scathing about Barnes as a manager
Barnes was not a great manager l agree. The two are not incompatible. You can be considered, thoughtful and still poor at your job...

W

Wolfgang Wolf

many top players don't make it as managers, billy wright and bobby charlton for example. john barnes was a magnificent footballer, i saw him tear a good wolves youth team apart in one of the best one man performances i've ever seen.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he was really annoying and patronising, I'm afraid Fiona Bruce is a very pale shadow of Dimbleby also

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His comments on Brexit were very good. I thought this one was particularly insightful.....

"You've got to hold and give, but do it at the right time. You can be slow or fast but you must get to the line. They'll always hit you and hurt you, defend and attack. There's only one way to beat them, get round the back. Catch me if you can, cause I'm the England man. And what you're looking at is the master plan. We ain't no hooligans, this ain't a football thing. Three lions on my chest, I know we can't go wrong."

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His comments on Brexit were very good. I thought this one was particularly insightful.....

"You've got to hold and give, but do it at the right time. You can be slow or fast but you must get to the line. They'll always hit you and hurt you, defend and attack. There's only one way to beat them, get round the back. Catch me if you can, cause I'm the England man. And what you're looking at is the master plan. We ain't no hooligans, this ain't a football thing. Three lions on my chest, I know we can't go wrong."
Best ever World Cup song...

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barnes was not a great manager l agree. The two are not incompatible. You can be considered, thoughtful and still poor at your job...
ok he also said he was arrogant which I think was why he was a poor manager

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You *******! :p

I got through the first 2 sentences where it initially made sense then I started to question its relevance before I clicked what I was reading!! :tearsofjoy:

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he was really annoying and patronising, I'm afraid Fiona Bruce is a very pale shadow of Dimbleby also
His first handling of the Brexit fiasco question was annoying and rambling,but his answer to the Neeson question was spot on,too many are quick to jump on the race card without actually looking at themselves first,racism is a part of human nature and upbringing, its just a matter of degrees,the main problem is everyone admitting it just as he said
As for Fiona Bruce well she is annoying and patronising,come back Mr Dimbleby please

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he talked sense in the most part.

Whichever side of the fence you voted in the referendum, I just don’t believe many of the voting public (I firmly include myself in this) can really know the full facts and implications of what the referendum outcome may mean.

For me I was annoyed I had to make a choice, I felt that was why I elected officials in the first place to do so.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I have not watched Question Time for two years....I used to watch it religiously.....but BBC bias against Brexit killed it off for me

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have not watched Question Time for two years....I used to watch it religiously.....but BBC bias against Brexit killed it off for me
You can't really say that when UKIP have been on 1 in 4 QTs in the last several years and Farage has the most appearances of anybody ever.

Back
Top Bottom