Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Qataris withdraw from Man Utd bidding

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come to wolves
Why not?

Considering they were ready to pay £5billion for Yanited + another £1.5billion on Old Trafford, the training ground and transfers, makes us a viable cheaper proposition. Established Premier League club, with a proud history, decent stadium, ready for improvement, excellent training facility with room for improvement and a decent first team squad needing additions.
That’s everything they were going to do at Yanited, so just come a few miles south to Molineux and do it here.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just saw the news and had the sames thoughts myself. It's highly unlikely, but the maths would be insanely cheap compared to what it would cost to buy and fund united. The Article I saw said they would pay the Glasiers £5bn, clear uniteds debts of nearly £1bn and invest £1.5bn in the ground, training ground and players etc.

Like I said highly unlikely because they want the worldwide brand of United. I don't think they just want a Premier league club they want the brand.

£300-£500m to fosun, £200m on 60k molineux, £100m on new training ground somewhere - the big problem is our current turnover can not support big owner investment into players so it would take multiple windows.

What a dream, all for the bargain price of £1bn

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just saw the news and had the sames thoughts myself. It's highly unlikely, but the maths would be insanely cheap compared to what it would cost to buy and fund united. The Article I saw said they would pay the Glasiers £5bn, clear uniteds debts of nearly £1bn and invest £1.5bn in the ground, training ground and players etc.

Like I said highly unlikely because they want the worldwide brand of United. I don't think they just want a Premier league club they want the brand.

£300-£500m to fosun, £200m on 60k molineux, £100m on new training ground somewhere - the big problem is our current turnover can not support big owner investment into players so it would take multiple windows.

Yep, said before that Wolves would be a smart buy for an owner with cash to spend and seeking a PL club with a strong brand.

£300m to Fosun. £300m on Molineux. £100m on the training ground. Maybe another £300m as part of a broader development of the land around Molineux. With various linked companies taking up sponsorship and hospitality, the club’s revenue would grow massively, and with it, our ability to spend under FFP. Renew the relationship with Mendes, and the original Fosun project would be on again, and supercharged.

Hey ho.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

60k stadium would be a dreadful error, we wouldn’t fill it. Far better to do a Juventus and build a top class smaller stadium

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A relief for MUTV or Sky Sports News as they also like to be called as with it being an international break they were struggling to fill the show with the compulsory 30% Yawnited content. This news means they can achieve their minimum Manure content contractual aims without any bother !

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m glad the Glazers will be staying as they are the owners Man Utd fans deserve lol
The Glazers will be there for another 3 years minimum, but likely Sir Jim can't afford a buy out at that stage (Chelsea and Barce both showed him the door when he looked to get involved).
For Utd this signals a relative degree of stagnation for the foreseeable.

On a wider scale, you'd think think these Qataris will turn their attention to some other big (huge) club.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's probably a similar thread to this on 16 other Premier league clubs fora and a few Championship ones.
Be nice for the club but seems highly unlikely to me.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Qatari partial investment at Wolves??

We can dream. Even if they invest 500m for 40% would see us up the top end of the table.

Dreaming is for free lol. Peanuts to them

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
60k stadium would be a dreadful error, we wouldn’t fill it. Far better to do a Juventus and build a top class smaller stadium

This is all hypothetical, and you would be right if we stayed as a just a top ten club.

But if these imaginary new owners pumped in hundreds of millions into the playing staff over multiple windows and we broke the top 4 regularly and the multiple years needed to build such a stadium then I think you would be surprised at just how many you could pull in, but you would have to be challenging the top four, have a big away end and keep the tickets cheap.

But as I said it's all dreamland, it is not happening.

As others have said it not without it's moral questions, but if any multi-billionaires purchased the club they will have something shady about them - you don't get that sort of spare change without doing something a bit suspect.

I have said on another thread, the best owner would be Steve Balmer Ex-CEO of microsoft. He is with billions and was voted as the best owner in the NBA.

Personally, I don't think Fosun are looking to sell. I do think they are protecting the downside if the geopolitical situation gets worse, so it's just a return to some degree of self-sufficiency. But that's fine, every year a well run premier league club should be able to spend £30m every year. That is one or two very good young players, we should be able build a good squad over time that renews itself.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they think negotiating with Glaziers was hard then god help them with Levy.
Levy would welcome that money with open arms! If only to say “look what I brought to the club that United couldn’t…..”

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Basically **** United and their self entitled fans

They say they deserve better? Why? Because they’re Man Utd? **** off you protest about your owners while wearing the repo kids shirts they profit on you thick thick ****s

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was reading many comments on the Goldbridge video he released today. They were saying that they could no longer support Man United, such was their downer on the Glazers. They said that they were on the brink of leaving football altogether.

I told a United fan at work today that the Qataris could well come for Wolves. He laughed at the thought of that ever happening - because we are a small club. I told him that we have the most marketable colours and badge in the world and we have a much greater history than Newcastle, yet the Saudis bought them.

I saw his eyebrows twitch.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We would need a new stadium . Could that happen ?

Back
Top Bottom