Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Putting your money where your mouth is.

gewolf

Reaction score
Last summer I left it a bit late to put money on us being promoted so didn't get great odds, but better than nothing.
This summer I want to get in before we sign anyone, as any top signings will inevitably move the odds in the betting company's favour.
I'm thinking that top 10 should be relatively safe. I don't think we will be above the existing top 6; West Ham, with their crowds, money, experience and Pellegrini; Newcastle for similar reasons; and maybe Crystal Palace or Everton.
Anyone else thinking the same, or am I being optimistic? Perhaps top 12 would be safer?

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All depends on whether you are a happy clapper or pant wetter!
I can't see us being in relegation bother. I should think we will make some decent signings, as our squad is thin if we pick up injuries. I reckon we will be between 8th and 14th, but if sign some real quality we could be a real surprise package.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Might be a good bet on how many points we get. I’d say between 50-55!

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just have a spread bet on points.

I had a wolves v villa points spread this year and we had a 2 points head start!!! Was quite good fun at £100 a point.

Spread or Sporting Index do it

D

Deleted member 4023

I rarely gamble. The saying 'stop when the fun stops' baffles me. I wouldn't class chucking a load of money away as fun - maybe its just me. I cringe when I see some of the adverts on TV tempting people to have a bet on horse racing or bingo. They can stick their free spins where the sun don't shine & their cheesy jingles & as for 'having a bang on that' as Ray says - I can think of better things to spend my money on.
Its amazing how much stuff comes in your head when you're having a few beers - lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

cannockwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
At the start of the fosun takeover in put £10 on us to win the epl within 5 years, I win over £2000 if it comes off, but can't remember who I placed the bet with lol

gewolf

Reaction score
I rarely gamble. The saying 'stop when the fun stops' baffles me. I wouldn't class chucking a load of money away as fun - maybe its just me. I cringe when I see some of the adverts on TV tempting people to have a bet on horse racing or bingo. They can stick their free spins where the sun don't shine & their cheesy jingles & as for 'having a bang on that' as Ray says - I can think of better things to spend my money on.
Its amazing how much stuff comes in your head when you're having a few beers - lol.
I pretty much agree with most of what you are saying and, fortunately, have never been tempted to bet any amount of money that I couldn't afford to lose.
With this next season, all I am doing is using the modest amount I won on last season's promotion bet to do something interesting again for next season. But thanks for your opinion - I would hate to think I was encouraging anyone to take up what can be an addiction.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No value in backing us to do anything. The bookies are ahead of you. Save your money

Ever since it would appear they got badly burned over Leicester winning the Premier league their " outside " bets in any league are a joke.

W

we8wba

The only value is on wolves to be nearer the bottom 3 for a trade in a scenario that neves becomes injured and we struggle

Bookies have already over estimated our position without any signings coming in by putting us 8th

Boon2

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ever since it would appear they got badly burned over Leicester winning the Premier league their " outside " bets in any league are a joke.
Bookies didn't get "badly burned". They never do when an outsider wins: they rake in the money bet on the favourites which is where most of the money goes.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bookies didn't get "badly burned". They never do when an outsider wins: they rake in the money bet on the favourites which is where most of the money goes.

I did not put my point over too well what I meant to say was that they have slashed the odds on outsiders as you look at most pre-season coupons and the 5,000/1 odds and such like vanished after Leicester won.

N

nicko69

Last summer I left it a bit late to put money on us being promoted so didn't get great odds, but better than nothing.
This summer I want to get in before we sign anyone, as any top signings will inevitably move the odds in the betting company's favour.
I'm thinking that top 10 should be relatively safe. I don't think we will be above the existing top 6; West Ham, with their crowds, money, experience and Pellegrini; Newcastle for similar reasons; and maybe Crystal Palace or Everton.
Anyone else thinking the same, or am I being optimistic? Perhaps top 12 would be safer?

Wolves won't finish below West Ham or Newcastle - they are both poor. Palace is 50/50 and Everton will finish 7th.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I've always enjoyed gambling. At certain times in my life it has been my main source of income. Not at the moment though, these days I regard it as a hobby. It is the only hobby I know to that pays me money to take part. When it was my main source of income it became a job which took the fun out of it as there was a whole lot of pressure involved.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that is it for me this season as I make my final visit to the green recycling bin with my Coventry v Exeter bets as I certainly did not have Jordan Willis for first goalscorer the Coventry centre back was 40/1 with Betfred !

If it stays 2-0 Coventry as it is now that is 275/1 on first scorer scorecast !

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Back the **** to not get promoted

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves won't finish below West Ham or Newcastle - they are both poor. Palace is 50/50 and Everton will finish 7th.

We don’t even know who Everton’s manager will be

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only Wolves related bets i will do next season are draw no bet where we are outsiders and there is value.

Justawolf

Reaction score
I've always enjoyed gambling. At certain times in my life it has been my main source of income. Not at the moment though, these days I regard it as a hobby. It is the only hobby I know to that pays me money to take part. When it was my main source of income it became a job which took the fun out of it as there was a whole lot of pressure involved.
You need to give us mug punters some good tips BW!

gewolf

Reaction score
Well, I had £85 of winnings for last season's late effort, from a £20 bet if I remember correctly, and I have today put that amount on us finishing in the top half at 5/4, which, although not brilliant, is better than the odds on I was seeing last week.
To put this into a little bit of perspective if I had left the £20 in the bank, current interest rates would have would have increased it to about £20.50 so I have done alright so far and as soon as we start to strengthen the team/squad then my bet will begin to look better and provide me with some extra excitement through the season - not that I, or any other Wolves fans, need extra excitement any more! :)

Back
Top Bottom