Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pubs in Penkridge with Sky

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm travelling down the M6 on Sunday from Lancashire to London and was planning to get to a pub to watch some or, hopefully, all of the game.

I was thinking of stopping off in Penkridge given it's proximity to the motorway but does anyone know if any of the pubs have Sky and will be likely to show the Wolves game rather than the charity shield? And if they also served food that would be perfect.

If anyone knows of any suitable pubs elsewhere but within easy striking distance of the M6 that would also be good.

All suggestions would be appreciated and I will be disappointed if I don't get any "go to the game" replies ;)

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm baffled why you wouldn't go 8 miles up the road to watch it?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm baffled why you wouldn't go 8 miles up the road to watch it?
Could be travelling with wife and 3 young kids - what are they going to do for 2 to 3 hrs in Wolverhampton? In that situation it's easier to find a pub!

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Could be travelling with wife and 3 young kids - what are they going to do for 2 to 3 hrs in Wolverhampton? In that situation it's easier to find a pub!

Thanks Norfolk :) No kids with me but a wife and a car load of camping equipment...

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks Norfolk :) No kids with me but a wife and a car load of camping equipment...
I can't help I'm afraid but the few times I've been to Molineux and dragged my wife along it's been a $$$$ing nightmare - she was bored, I got angry and we always lost!!!!

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
red white and blue,featherstone junc 11 of m6,easier than penkridge.The gaffer has just had it installed,sky that is,

P

Penk Wolf

Yeah, the food is pretty good nowadays.

The Horse and Jockey might have it on too, but I'm not 100% sure.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I can't help I'm afraid but the few times I've been to Molineux and dragged my wife along it's been a $$$$ing nightmare - she was bored, I got angry and we always lost!!!!

I have to choose my games very carefully. Sunderland and Forest away - both night games around 2001-02 resulted in an embargo which wasn't lifted till 2-3 years ago and she will now go to one home game per season as long as it's part of a weekend to Shropshire.

I still get to a few on my own though.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
red white and blue,featherstone junc 11 of m6,easier than penkridge.The gaffer has just had it installed,sky that is,

What's it like in there these days 72? I spent a chunk of the 70s and 80s living in Penkridge as a teenager and Featherstone was a bit of a no go zone.

D

Deleted member 4309

What's it like in there these days 72? I spent a chunk of the 70s and 80s living in Penkridge as a teenager and Featherstone was a bit of a no go zone.

The main pub for loonies is now a supermarket. Can't think of the name of it.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yeah, the food is pretty good nowadays.

The Horse and Jockey might have it on too, but I'm not 100% sure.

Cheers Penk, that makes me feel confident that I should be able to watch the game :)

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
You could try my old haunt, The Littleton Arms in Penkridge, Lytham.

Used to call their after night away games for many years, and still do occasionally.

Posting a link, so you can ring or email them before hand.

http://www.thelittletonarms.com/

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Boat is definitely the best bet if it's got Sky (don't recall it having it that recently - maybe it does since the takeover/refurb?).

P

Penk Wolf

Food's gone off the boil of late, but used to be good up until the last couple of months.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always a good selection of ales on though

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Them days are long gone mate,its a sound pub,any wolves fans would be made very welcome,mind yow the new gaffer is a blouse,he's had some stick i can tell ya.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Them days are long gone mate,its a sound pub,any wolves fans would be made very welcome,mind yow the new gaffer is a blouse,he's had some stick i can tell ya.

Good to hear, I'm gonna go to Penkridge this time but will bear this place in mind next time I'm the area

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
no problem,hope you have a nice afternoon,The blue would probably be too packed for your wife though,there are a lot of lads and lasses,who love wolves but for some reason or another,ie,time/family/money.they dont attend,but when they are on the telly,they all come out to watch.it will be rammed on sunday,i will be at the golden palace.cum on me babbies.

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Write your blood type on some paper and carry it with you.:bandit:

I lived in Featherstone 1983-1998 , went in the Blue on occasion, took the wife for a drink one sunday lunchtime, I couldn't get off the carpark as it was blocked by an ambulance and police car, following a chap headbutting his mate in the Lounge and the chap who was headbutted knocked his mates girlfriend unconcious (I think that was a mistake to be fair ).
It probably is better now though??

Last edited by a moderator:

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
now now Dudlay.i have lived on featherstone all my life so i suppose i'm used to it,it ay like that anymore,although there is allways the chance of it going off when the booze has bin flowin,but that can happen in any boozer.featherstone used to be named china town,and no stranger who knew the pub would venture into it,there would be a fight outside after closing times nearly every weekend,its nothing like that anymore thank the lord.i bet yow lived on the new estate day ya Dud,they'm all fairys who live on there anyway,lol

Back
Top Bottom