Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pubs for Derby

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody got any ideas?

I'm guessing everyone will go to the centre for a Wetherspoons, despite it being the opposite way to the ground from the station, due to our KO time?

All 'normal' pubs open at 11am it seems. Just wondering what those arriving earlier are going to do?

Cheers.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Little update...

The Brunswick is a home pub but they accept small groups of away fans who aren't wearing colours – they'll be open at 10:30am. The owner said that the two away pubs are the Merry Widows and Crown and Cushion.

Very close to these is the Alexandra, which will be open at 10am.

All four are very close to the station...

B

BigBadWolf

Little update...

The Brunswick is a home pub but they accept small groups of away fans who aren't wearing colours – they'll be open at 10:30am. The owner said that the two away pubs are the Merry Widows and Crown and Cushion.

Very close to these is the Alexandra, which will be open at 10am.

All four are very close to the station...

We were thinking about the Brunswick, but if it doesn't open until 10:30 we shall have to give it a miss!

Most likely give the 2 away pubs a go, does anyone know how far a walk they are from the station? And are they towards Pride park or towards the City Center?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were thinking about the Brunswick, but if it doesn't open until 10:30 we shall have to give it a miss!

Most likely give the 2 away pubs a go, does anyone know how far a walk they are from the station? And are they towards Pride park or towards the City Center?

Judging by Google maps you can't miss either of them when you come out of the station.

Can't find anything about opening hours though. I've emailed the landlord of the Crown & Cushion to see if they've any plans to open earlier like the other two are but we shall see.

What time will you be getting to Derby for mate?

M

morosewolf

The Crown and Cushion is a 2 minute walk from the station turning left as if you were going into town. It's a dump though and has police on the doorway. The Merry Widows is the better option, although there was trouble in there after the Forest game the season before last when the lads of operation GROWTH had a reunion, so don't know how welcome we'll be. There are 2 pubs next door to The Merry Widows, The Victoria which is OK, but small and The Waterfall but this strictly home fans only and you need to show your match ticket to get in. If you want to go to any of these you will need to use the main exit from the station, not the one signposted Pride Park. Town is a 10-15 minute walk in the opposite direction to the ground, but the pubs that will be open early like The Neptune are hardcore Derby, so I'd avoid personally.

B

BigBadWolf

Judging by Google maps you can't miss either of them when you come out of the station.

Can't find anything about opening hours though. I've emailed the landlord of the Crown & Cushion to see if they've any plans to open earlier like the other two are but we shall see.

What time will you be getting to Derby for mate?

Might just be a case of getting there and just going to the nearest available place for us then! Just don't want to go to far in the opposite direction from the ground.

10:05 am we will be getting in to Derby via New Street. Would of liked to have arrived a tad earlier but train times have conspired against us!

What about yourself?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only 150 tickets left now, should be a cracking atmosphere.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A real Ale pub but in the Cathedral quarter is the flowerpot, I don't know how they take to football supporters singing.

I would avoid the MW etc as they are right by the station and the waterfall where the fighters wait for the trains coming in and you get boxed in if it kicks off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would avoid the MW etc as they are right by the station and the waterfall where the fighters wait for the trains coming in and you get boxed in if it kicks off.

Is this still a thing at clubs like Derby?

L

lostinbristol

Probably skip it before the game and just have a few cans en route with it being such an early kick off to be honest. The wife's family lives in Ripley though so will no doubt end up there after the game for beers and a $$$$ curry!

leominster wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Just had a look and this seems a good shout. In between the station and the ground and open from 8am.

I rang the harvester earlier on in the week they said they open at 8 am for breakfast but don't start selling alcholol till 11 am !!!

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Crown and Cushion is a 2 minute walk from the station turning left as if you were going into town. It's a dump though and has police on the doorway. The Merry Widows is the better option, although there was trouble in there after the Forest game the season before last when the lads of operation GROWTH had a reunion, so don't know how welcome we'll be. There are 2 pubs next door to The Merry Widows, The Victoria which is OK, but small and The Waterfall but this strictly home fans only and you need to show your match ticket to get in. If you want to go to any of these you will need to use the main exit from the station, not the one signposted Pride Park. Town is a 10-15 minute walk in the opposite direction to the ground, but the pubs that will be open early like The Neptune are hardcore Derby, so I'd avoid personally.

Well I never, The Merry Widows is a new one on me ;)

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Royal Telegraph (less than ten mins from the station) has been tweeting Wolves fans all morning saying all away fans welcome from 10am (but if you arrive earlier just knock on the door)

If you lot are going to a particular pub, post it in here and we'll all hopefully head to the same one from 10am onwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kwolf

from the brunswick cross the road and walk down the side of the river its about a 20minute walk

D

Deleted member 4309

I love a beer but 10 o clock in the morning. You lot must be mad I would be dying about 2 in the afternoon lol.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like we'll all be outside the station scratching our arses wondering what to do then.

See you in the morning!

Tufts back

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I use the Exeter after but not sure opening time tomorrow - top beers . The royal telegraph is a good shout and good pub . Harvester may get the funnies and I believe strict over parking too . Town is only 15 mins walk - head to Sadler gate , you have weather spoons , walkabout and all that there and a couple of other cheap and cheerful pubs

Back
Top Bottom