Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pride of the Midlands

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m glad they don’t have you giving motivational team talks down the Wolves!

2 points off 7th and 6 off 4th with 16 games yet to play means we have everything to play for - if we average 1.5 points per game from now on (which we are more or less averaging now for the season) that would give us 58 points and might be enough for 7th.

Think we’d need over 2 points per game to get anywhere near 4th so probably a step too far - let’s see where we are after this tough looking run of fixtures this month - if we can get 7 or 8 points from the remaining 4 games of Feb we’d be set up nicely meaning we probably need to beat Leicester and nick a win and a draw or 2 out of our 3 trips to London.

Reasons to be Cheerful - Hwang back, Jonny Otto back and hopefully Neto back very soon

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m glad they don’t have you giving motivational team talks down the Wolves!

2 points off 7th and 6 off 4th with 16 games yet to play means we have everything to play for - if we average 1.5 points per game from now on (which we are more or less averaging now for the season) that would give us 58 points and might be enough for 7th.

Think we’d need over 2 points per game to get anywhere near 4th so probably a step too far - let’s see where we are after this tough looking run of fixtures this month - if we can get 7 or 8 points from the remaining 4 games of Feb we’d be set up nicely meaning we probably need to beat Leicester and nick a win and a draw or 2 out of our 3 trips to London.

Reasons to be Cheerful - Hwang back, Jonny Otto back and hopefully Neto back very soon
Let’s see how it plays out but I’m sure I’ll be in the right ball park come the end of the season.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s face it this is what we’re playing for this season.
I’d expect Brighton and Southampton to finish above us so let’s make sure we finish above the Villa.
You would expect Brighton and Southampton to finish above based on what ?

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Let’s see how it plays out but I’m sure I’ll be in the right ball park come the end of the season.
If Brighton or Southampton finish above us this season then we’ll of had a poor run in - I’ll be disappointed if we finish below 8th from here and I’d be surprised if either of them made the top 6

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And I bet you would love to see us fall below Soton & Brighton just to be proved right!!!

You sound like a **** fan to me. Whether that’s Villa, Baggies or the fact your just a **** Wolves fan who loves to to be negative is anyone guess

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's always pretty good to be the best Midlands team. It can't have happened too many times over the past 30-40 years? In fact the more I think about it we've often been below the likes of Stoke and Forest. Not any more!

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
“He’s a WUM he’s a WUM and anyone that doesn’t agree with me and doesn’t think Fosun are the best thing since sliced bread you're all WUM’s”

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“He’s a WUM he’s a WUM and anyone that doesn’t agree with me and doesn’t think Fosun are the best thing since sliced bread you're all WUM’s”

Nah.

We have 34 points from 22 games (1.54 PPG). Southampton have 29 from 24 games (1.2 PPG). We're also in better form that them over the last 5 games.

What makes you expect Southampton will finish above us, because to me, you'd have to be either stupid or a WUM to think that. Feel free to choose which.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nah.

We have 34 points from 22 games (1.54 PPG). Southampton have 29 from 24 games (1.2 PPG). We're also in better form that them over the last 5 games.

What makes you expect Southampton will finish above us, because to me, you'd have to be either stupid or a WUM to think that. Feel free to choose which.
I hope you’re right.

But personally I think they are better equipped to finish the season in a stronger position than ourselves. It’s all about opinions and mine is that we’ve lost a good player to Barca without replacing him and also not strengthened is a very weak squad.

I think we’ve over achieved and at this stage of the season fatigue and injuries will play a big factor on our small squad.

As I say I hope I’m wrong but this is my opinion you’re welcome to yours.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I hope you’re right.

But personally I think they are better equipped to finish the season in a stronger position than ourselves. It’s all about opinions and mine is that we’ve lost a good player to Barca without replacing him and also not strengthened is a very weak squad.

I think we’ve over achieved and at this stage of the season fatigue and injuries will play a big factor on our small squad.

As I say I hope I’m wrong but this is my opinion you’re welcome to yours.
Another thread to have a moan basically
maybe the mods can merge the miserable threads

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah.

It's goldfish syndrome innit. Saints have taken 4 points from Spurs and united while Wolves have lost twice. Some can't look beyond the here and now, some can't consider the recent past.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Another thread to have a moan basically
maybe the mods can merge the miserable threads
@Lupo trademarked 'merge the misery' IIRC. I guess we have to expect this place to be like this while we are still languishing outside the European places,tough times.

Just btw, we were the top Midlands club in 18/19.When was the last time before that, 50 years?

Re-Edit,looked it up just for interest. 1961 I reckon, bloody Fosun. Thanks to @Big Saft Kid missed one (?) 1971.

Last edited:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@Lupo trademarked 'merge the misery' IIRC. I guess we have to expect this place to be like this while we are still languishing outside the European places,tough times.

Just btw, we were the top Midlands club in 18/19.When was the last time before that, 50 years?

Edit, looked it up just for interest. 1961 I reckon, bloody Fosun.
Bloody hell, I asked that exact question above. I thought it had to be 30-40 years since we were top dogs in the Midlands. 58 ****ing years? So the last time before 18/19 was around about the time I started to get an interest in football (aged 10) and a year or 2 later started following our great club. Where has my life gone?!

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be interesting to revisit this in May and see how ‘stupid’ the OP looks.

My only hope is that Neto makes a big impact. If he struggles I think we’ll finish behind at least one of Southampton, Brighton or Villa.

Statistically there’s not much between us and we’ve benefited from a ridiculously good keeper this season that may not be able to maintain these extremely high standards.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Edit, looked it up just for interest. 1961 I reckon, bloody Fosun.
Nah, we finished 4th in1970-1, we must have been the highest placed Midland team that year.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah, we finished 4th in1970-1, we must have been the highest placed Midland team that year.

We were. I know Arsenal won the league that year, and I think Leeds United were runners up. I can't recall who were third, but I would guess at one of the Merseyside clubs. It certainly wasn't another midland club.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were. I know Arsenal won the league that year, and I think Leeds United were runners up. I can't recall who were third, but I would guess at one of the Merseyside clubs. It certainly wasn't another midland club.
Spurs were 3rd. They beat us in the Final of the UEFA cup the following season.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Quite right, missed that one, Derby in 9th were the second best Midlands club. Should hace stuck with my initial thought of a mere 50 years.

Not 1980 though @glorybox Forest were 5th.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pride comes from the heart and has nothing to do with league position.
So on that basis every ****e supporter can claim they are always the pride of the Midlands and nobody can gainsay them... or any Vile supporter, or Bluenose. ******. The only criterion that can't be argued with is league position.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd make "Both" an option.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw a discarded Walsall ticket on the train home last night. “Pride of the Black Country” it said.

Can only think it’s true. So give up lads we’ve got no chance.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As far as I an concerned, Wolves will always be the pride of the Midlands, because at the start of World War 2, in 1939, the country's top teams were put in regional divisions and Wolves won the Midlands league. The following year the league was disbanded and the World War Cup was founded, which we also won, beating Sunderland 4-1 over 2 matches, in 1942.
Pride of the Midlands and World War Cup winners.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Saw a discarded Walsall ticket on the train home last night. “Pride of the Black Country” it said.

Can only think it’s true. So give up lads we’ve got no chance.
Gutted to read this, maybe one we can compete with them saddlers.

Back
Top Bottom