Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

'Pretty terrible': Chris Sutton predicts who'll win between Wolves and Arsenal tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Football-addict

Wolverhampton Wanderers and Arsenal will lock horns in the Premier League on Saturday night.

Gary O’Neil has worked wonders at Molineux, but his team goes into the game against Mikel Arteta’s Gunners having suffered a downturn in form.

The hosts are winless in four Premier League games, having drawn two – including their last game against Nottingham Forest – and lost two.

Meanwhile, Arsenal will be desperate for a response after losing their last two in all competitions as they bid to keep their title hopes alive.

The Gunners fell to a 2-0 loss against Aston Villa to dent their title hopes last week, before going out of the Champions League to Bayern Munich in midweek.

BBC Sport pundit Chris Sutton has now shared his pre-match prediction for Wolves against Arsenal.

Photo by David Price/Arsenal FC via Getty Images

Who does Chris Sutton think will win between Wolves and Arsenal on Saturday?​

Sutton, writing on BBC Sport, doesn’t believe that the wheels are coming off at Arsenal, and has backed them to eke out a 1-0 win to keep their title hopes alive.

“This is a massive game for Arsenal but it definitely helps them that Wolves are on a pretty terrible run, without a win in four games,” said Sutton.

“The talk this week about the Gunners has been whether the wheels are coming off, but I don’t think that’s the case.

“They maybe lacked a bit of composure in their defeat by Aston Villa. But Villa have got some very good players, as do Bayern Munich, who beat them in Germany on Wednesday.

“I’m still probably basing this prediction more on Wolves’ form than on Arsenal’s but I do think the Gunners will find a way to win at Molineux.

“I hope they do too, because I don’t want Manchester City to have it all their own way in the run-in.”

TBR writer’s prediction​

Wolves away are a difficult proposition, and while Arsenal will be eager to bounce back, the hosts will know that the pressure is on and will look to unsettle the Gunners.

In addition, Wolves have failed to score in only one of their past 26 home matches in all competitions, so it’s not as though they’ll just shut up shop against Arsenal.

I predict a 1-1 draw and another big blow for the Gunners in their pursuit of a first title since 2004.

The post 'Pretty terrible': Chris Sutton predicts who'll win between Wolves and Arsenal tonight appeared first on TBR Football.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom