Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Preston Away

J

Jamesjh89

Great stuff really would love us to sell 3000+ for this

E

Essex Wolf

Agreed James and can well see it happening the more positives that take place.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will take at least 3000. Especially if its pay on the day.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good price. Can see other clubs ripping us off. The 5,000 allocation meant they couldn't. 3,000 would be a good turnout. I can't see it myself, more like 2,000.

B

Big George

I got that buzz about the season starting, mind you the same buzz prior Solbakken, but really looking forward to the first game under KJ. Would be decent if we took a few thousand up there. Big club ay we

J

Jameswwfc

I reckon we'll take quite a few up, 3k plus. Already got my train tickets.

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Upto 5000? is that the usual Shankly cop? Holds 6000 that. Do they have some home fans in there?

J

Jungleee

Fully expecting to be too inebriated and on the train home around 11am.

D

Deleted member 4099

It's cheap it's easy to get to and it's a Saturday at 3pm. 3000+

L

luckyjim

Christ, I can still remember when a post like this would have started "Man Utd away"....

Freeport wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I got that buzz about the season starting, mind you the same buzz prior Solbakken, but really looking forward to the first game under KJ. Would be decent if we took a few thousand up there. Big club ay we

Agreed, I am really looking forward to this season.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Upto 5000? is that the usual Shankly cop? Holds 6000 that. Do they have some home fans in there?

No but they cover the first few rows and the blocks nearest the edge of the stand.
At least they did last season

loopy lupine

Reaction score
It's cheap it's easy to get to and it's a Saturday at 3pm. 3000+

First weekend of the school summer holidays & factory fortnight.

There's loads I know not going because they're all on holiday that weekend, ridiculously early start to the season.

I'm on holiday first 2 weeks of the school holidays and the earliest match I can go to is Walsall, which may be moved anyway!!!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Drive to Preston, watch Wolves bright young things, a few days in the Lakes, back home Tuesday via Morecambe. Can't imagine anything better. Holiday season - this is the perfect break, never mind a week in Marbella.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blackpool here we come

D

Dewsburywolf

Just noticed the Wrexham friendly's in the week I'm in North Wales

A

andyc225

Drive to Preston, watch Wolves bright young things, a few days in the Lakes, back home Tuesday via Morecambe. Can't imagine anything better. Holiday season - this is the perfect break, never mind a week in Marbella.

I plan to do the same sort of thing. Checking into an 80s timewarp B&B, having a few pints of real ale and enjoying the lovely area in the few days between the games. Infinitely better than a classless week in "Marbs" that doesn't enrich you in any way.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be flying a plane over that part of England that day but will still try and see what's going on down below.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First weekend of the school summer holidays & factory fortnight.

There's loads I know not going because they're all on holiday that weekend, ridiculously early start to the season.

I'm on holiday first 2 weeks of the school holidays and the earliest match I can go to is Walsall, which may be moved anyway!!!

Same for me

B

BigBadWolf

Really glad im not on holiday for this one, but im still gutted im missing Bristol (my favorite away game last season)

dingle01902

Reaction score
Luckily my kids break up on 17th July so we can get our fortnight in Turkey done before the big kick off. Will definately be there!

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be taking up 2 adults and a freebie for my grandson... thats a good bit of PR from Preston regarding under 8's...well done

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 of us going . Reckon we will have 3k to see the start of the King Kenny era - BELIEVE !

D

Deleted member 4309

How much is it for a child on wolves coaches. Anyone know, is it the same price as adults. Help will be appreciated.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How much is it for a child on wolves coaches. Anyone know, is it the same price as adults. Help will be appreciated.

£17 on Hatherton Wolves (adult)...Mr Evers said he was going to try and do half price for kids...bot not confirmed yet

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hardly any cheaper! Total rip off! Unless of course Jez changes his mind this season.

W

wolvesultra

if your going by coach get on the Hatherton (or any other independent for that matter)

D

Deleted member 4309

if your going by coach get on the Hatherton (or any other independent for that matter)

Any reasons for that mate. I've never been to an away game before but intend on going to a good few this year.

W

wolvesultra

Any reasons for that mate. I've never been to an away game before but intend on going to a good few this year.

my reason for the post really was I've always been a fan of the independent coaches running to games over the official travel club.

A lot of these coaches (like the hatherton) started and went through footballs 'dark days' giving fans a safer method of travel way before clubs saw the pound signs (when football was starting to become fasionable again) and launched their official travel clubs (trying to put the independents out of business in the process).

Also most of these coaches are run on a pretty much non profit basis (maybe a bits put towards the next trip etc) and are run by long time fans for fans. I don't even go on the Hatherton (I prefer train me over coaches) but know Mr Evers and the guys a top bloke who's Wolves through and through.

So thats my reasons but if you want an unbiased breakdwon i suppose its what you want out of a day really whether the official or the hatherton (and such like) are your best choice.

To me the official is for kids and 'train spotter fans' or the old timers with flasks, quilts and a packed lunch. Not that i'm knocking that each to their own. I'd say its a sterile experience straight to the ground straight out after the game etc. (Sometimes you'd not even see home fans except in the ground). Like i say if thats what you want all well and good.

independents will usually have a pub stop and a a lot more banter etc on the trip. Imagine rowdy school coach trip vs sunday national express journey :D

hope thats helped.

oh and the Hathertons usually (if not always) cheaper.

Last edited by a moderator:

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep us updated then mate. Also where do hatherton wolves coaches pick you up from.

If you have FB , find Russ Evers,send him a Friend rwequest. As for getting on coach, I think they have two or three pick up points , but I usually just get on at the coach park... the one where all the day trippers leave from

Back
Top Bottom