Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Preseason Portugal

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have to have enough players on the plane to play a game . At this moment we couldn’t fill up a light aircraft .

To be fair we have taken quite a few players. Quite a few younger lads but still quite a big group with the likes of Hwang, Sa, Semedo, Bolla, Hwabe to join up potentially in Portugal

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is the Sunday game on Wolves TV? Desperate to give Jeff a fiver.
And check if we have 11 players...

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
belive b traore will be the last one back to training given his last game for Mali u23 is 7th July

Probably not due back until 17th July

Lawley Wolf

Reaction score
I am really looking forward to seeing what a difference a proper Lopy preseason makes to these players verses a Bruno Lage '2 laps of the pitch with Tony Roberts' preseason.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am really looking forward to seeing what a difference a proper Lopy preseason makes to these players verses a Bruno Lage '2 laps of the pitch with Tony Roberts' preseason.
Didn't even do any laps under Lage last pre season....it was all head tennis in the pool if you remember....that was for fitness

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Glad we don't appear to have arranged a behind close doors pre-season game against a bunch of cloggers, like Burnley last time. Bet Chiquinho is too!

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad we don't appear to have arranged a behind close doors pre-season game against a bunch of cloggers, like Burnley last time. Bet Chiquinho is too!
We play Vitoria de Guimareas on Sunday and are planning a second game later next week.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
We’ve got a game against Coventry who are also out there

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't even do any laps under Lage last pre season....it was all head tennis in the pool if you remember....that was for fitness
The worse thing of Lage's pre season was the 2 games in 2 days thing he did... Talk about encouraging injuries, think Mosquera got his first Injury doing that after a good performance at Stoke if my memory serves me well!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
looks like a couple of players are joining them out in portgual, from what i gather, so could be the likes of podence, then gomes, sa followed by then neto and silva.

Dont know when Kawabe/bolla/ will come back

But doubt B traore will be meeting up at all in the 10 day algarve camp.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
looks like a couple of players are joining them out in portgual, from what i gather, so could be the likes of podence, then gomes, sa followed by then neto and silva.

Dont know when Kawabe/bolla/ will come back

But doubt B traore will be meeting up at all in the 10 day algarve camp.
Presumably, those on international duty for Portugal are already there.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d think they’d give them a bit of time off before having to report back though.
Last played 20th june i expect they will be back next week

its players like B Traore and lembekisa who are still playing and bolla 30th june who will need more extended breaks

neto and silva - last played 2nd July id say what the week after that for them maybe? or fly back with the team from the algarve?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last played 20th june i expect they will be back next week

its players like B Traore and lembekisa who are still playing and bolla 30th june who will need more extended breaks

neto and silva - last played 2nd July id say what the week after that for them maybe? or fly back with the team from the algarve?
Got to feel for some of the fringe players really. It’s obviously a massive honour to represent your country but they’re also missing valuable time impressing the gaffer

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to feel for some of the fringe players really. It’s obviously a massive honour to represent your country but they’re also missing valuable time impressing the gaffer
I think we will be scouting Boubacar, Jl highly rates him and im sure we are watching his games in the u23 where hes impressed.

Lembekisa is probably most missing out with hoever being with the squad.

Bolla will be interesting hungary really rate him.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I think we will be scouting Boubacar, Jl highly rates him and im sure we are watching his games in the u23 where hes impressed.

Lembekisa is probably most missing out with hoever being with the squad.

Bolla will be interesting hungary really rate him.
I do like bolla a lot I hope he gets a chance

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Per E&S, these are the U21s who joined the trip:

Ty Barnett, Josh Esen, Owen Farmer, Nathan Fraser, Harvey Griffiths, Alfie Pond and Oliver Tipton
Good for them, but realistically only there for the experience and to make sure they can have 2 x 11 a sides for practice matches/ drills.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good for them, but realistically only there for the experience and to make sure they can have 2 x 11 a sides for practice matches/ drills.
It is a great experience for them especially training with the first team squad so closely. I always get the feeling (not only at wolves) that young players are so far away from the first team that the gap looks very daunting.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
True. It's also good as a fan to see which crop of players are the closest to making the step up in the coaching staffs opinion.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loving some of the new training gear get it on sale and I will contribute some towards Scott.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Can't believe they made sasa walk across the tarmac and up the steps...that could put him out for another season
giphy.gif

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True. It's also good as a fan to see which crop of players are the closest to making the step up in the coaching staffs opinion.
Just making up the numbers.
They wouldn’t be there if it hadn’t been for Internationals

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Just making up the numbers.
They wouldn’t be there if it hadn’t been for Internationals
True but all I'm saying is they have been chosen because they are probably the closest in terms of pecking order in breaking through in their positions, which from a fans perspective is interesting.

Back
Top Bottom