Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Premier League lifts ban on Owner Sponsorship Deals.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The temporary ban has been lifted so long as deals represent fair market value.

What does this mean for Wolves?

Nothing I'm guessing as the ban only came in in October, but what is there to stop us having Fosun sponsor our shirts?

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The temporary ban has been lifted so long as deals represent fair market value.

What does this mean for Wolves?

Nothing I'm guessing as the ban only came in in October, but what is there to stop us having Fosun sponsor our shirts?
It will hopefully mean a decent increase in our income if Fosun decide to spend their money.

As long as our stadium is Molineux and stays as Molineux, Fosun can sponsor us for anything else they like!

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean there is a tonne of stuff Fosun could sponsor if they really wanted to. The corner flags, goalposts etc.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
So this has been banned for 2 months?
I thought City got in trouble (before some fancy lawyers/dodgy practices) for doing this years ago? If it has to be a fair market rate then guess what, make sure it's out to the market, otherwise it's blatantly open to abuse. Anyway irrrlevant to us (beyond giving an advantage to our competitors) I suspect, St James's Park renamed the Bonesaw stadium?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder what newly acquired club needs a state sponsor.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The question to ask yourself is are there two months between October and the present date?

If so yes

I was just surprised as I hadn’t heard anything about it and it seemed a very short time to have a ban in place.

Thanks for your great reply though.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a totally scandalous decision put in to stop newcastle and protect the big six. It was never ever going to stand up in court. Cartel behaviour 101.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was just surprised as I hadn’t heard anything about it and it seemed a very short time to have a ban in place.

It was put in place following the Newcastle takeover at the request of (some) PL clubs to prevent them from immediately using it to funnel additional money into Newcastle… like Man City did. I think under European competition rules, it was already limited to fair market value, but prior to now, I’m not sure if that applied to PL clubs not involved in European competitions.

To answer the OP. No, why should it. If Fosun wished to use their brand portfolio to funnel money into Wolves, they could have done it since they first took over. They haven’t, and instead Wolves has gone after sponsorship on the open market like other clubs without owners with a portfolio of potential sponsor companies.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun sponsor the training ground don’t they? I’m sure it’s probably not a vast amount of money as it’s just the trading ground but still.

So not strictly true that they haven’t already looked at this.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

City one of the clubs who didn't vote it in. Shock horror

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Ask a silly question and get a silly answer.

As the post said it was brought out October and lifted again yesterday.

I was just suprised you needed to ask if that was two months

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It was put in place following the Newcastle takeover at the request of (some) PL clubs to prevent them from immediately using it to funnel additional money into Newcastle… like Man City did. I think under European competition rules, it was already limited to fair market value, but prior to now, I’m not sure if that applied to PL clubs not involved in European competitions.

To answer the OP. No, why should it. If Fosun wished to use their brand portfolio to funnel money into Wolves, they could have done it since they first took over. They haven’t, and instead Wolves has gone after sponsorship on the open market like other clubs without owners with a portfolio of potential sponsor companies.

No I didn't think it would as you say, Fosun could have been doing this long before the ban.

Which is kind of sad when you think that we aren't going to be the super spenders some of us hoped but at the same time reassuring that we are being run so astutely.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No I didn't think it would as you say, Fosun could have been doing this long before the ban.

Which is kind of sad when you think that we aren't going to be the super spenders some of us hoped but at the same time reassuring that we are being run so astutely.

Well said.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Cheers. Iv just read that 18 clubs voted in favour of it.
So basically we’re just back to the previous rules from a couple of months ago.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers. Iv just read that 18 clubs voted in favour of it.
So basically we’re just back to the previous rules from a couple of months ago.

I assume yes, but I haven’t checked the PL rules to see if there was previously a limit on parent company sponsorship being at fmv. I know there was in Europe as City got into trouble over it.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ask a silly question and get a silly answer.

As the post said it was brought out October and lifted again yesterday.

I was just suprised you needed to ask if that was two months
I was just surprised a rule change I was unaware of had only lasted 2 months and was after confirmation that what you’d posted regarding dates was correct. Appreciate your confirmation.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was just surprised a rule change I was unaware of had only lasted 2 months and was after confirmation that what you’d posted regarding dates was correct. Appreciate your confirmation.
It was quite big news at the time. Citeh were far from happy.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here comes Villas new sponshorship deal: £500m a year to be sponsored by Villa Park Ltd

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
I saw your question as a conversation starter, some may have seen your question as rhetorical and thought nothing more of it.
Unfortunately, some people on here like to make others feel small and come up with snidey remarks.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't affect your club mate, they already sold their ground to themselves :)

Back
Top Bottom