Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Premier League Fixtures 2023/24

CactusOwl

Reaction score
After the season we've just had I'm looking at every fixture thinking that it will be a tough one ha! But onwards and upwards and bring them on I say

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First “easy” home fixture is Burnley on December 5th lol

Having Arsenal, City (a) & Liverpool (a) in the last 5 looks rough as well

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We are not alone with having first, last and boxing day away

Villa, Fulham, Forest, Spurs and West Ham do as well

Brentford, Chelsea, Brighton, Sheffield and Arsenal have all three at home

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a heads-up that European fixtures will interfere with at least 1 game:

West Ham away in December won't be on the Saturday because the Hammers will have a Europa League game on the preceding Thursday,
The Villa home game in early October will also have to move from Saturday IF Villa manage to get through their qualifier for the Conference League

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are not alone with having first, last and boxing day away

Villa, Fulham, Forest, Spurs and West Ham do as well

Brentford, Chelsea, Brighton, Sheffield and Arsenal have all three at home
How on earth have they enabled that to happen, there’s only a degree of randomness to it as they have conflicts with events and other teams for policing ect which they factor in. Plus they clearly scheduled Kompany’s Burnley & City.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Do the fixtures really matter that much? Everyone plays the same teams lol. I appreciate you can psychologically go on a run with better fixtures but then will have the difficult ones at some point. I imagine the comments of relegation are in jest lol. You cant look at fixtures of which the same teams are going to be entered in a random order and think relegation.
Having said that i dont like the first fixture being a monday night. that is the only bit that stinks to me.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
How on earth have they enabled that to happen, there’s only a degree of randomness to it as they have conflicts with events and other teams for policing ect which they factor in. Plus they clearly scheduled Kompany’s Burnley & City.
There's a massive reliance on the word 'random' in this thread. There is indeed only a degree of randomness, for example we basically play at home when Villa do and Albion and Blues play the opposite way, so Villa are always likely to have the same home and away weekends as us (give or take when we play each other!).

Boxing Day is the one that kills me, home fixture is great, away one I can go to will do, we get bloody Brentford!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The first two months are looking like a slog.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's not forget at this point last season we were all talking about how good the fixtures were at the start of the season.... Didn't really turn out that way did it?

Yeah. It's a double edged sword really.

Sometimes playing the bigger teams early is better, as you catch them before they get into their stride.

Then if you build up some momentum and confidence, you can get a few unexpected results.

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
the negativity around the club has to stop and let other teams worry about us for a change,as someone has already stated the obvious we play each team home and away and i don`t care when,we are Wolves bring em all on!!!positive mental attitude and optimism for the season

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the negativity around the club has to stop and let other teams worry about us for a change,as someone has already stated the obvious we play each team home and away and i don`t care when,we are Wolves bring em all on!!!positive mental attitude and optimism for the season
Tell JL and the players that!

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How can they already have decided what match is on the Monday night? Sky should hear what the fixtures are the same time as the rest of us, and then they should decide on their scheduling. Or am I misunderstanding how it all works?

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmm, our last day fixtures have been: Liverpool A, Chelsea A, Man United H, Liverpool A, Arsenal A, Liverpool A. Liverpool at Anfield three times in six years, only one home game in that time, and every game has been against a big six side.

I do love me this random fixture generator they have...

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
How can they already have decided what match is on the Monday night? Sky should hear what the fixtures are the same time as the rest of us, and then they should decide on their scheduling. Or am I misunderstanding how it all works?
All the media know the fixtures before us. TV, radio, written press etc. It's just embargoed so they can't release it until 9am today. To be fair, got no problem with them showing the TV companies in advance. The more notice fans have for fixture changes the better.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good news that we have a reasonably difficult start given our transfer windows are normally a completely unorganised shambles

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They look like good fixtures to be fair.

No real period where you would expect us to go 4-5 games losing to the big 6

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Hmm, our last day fixtures have been: Liverpool A, Chelsea A, Man United H, Liverpool A, Arsenal A, Liverpool A. Liverpool at Anfield three times in six years, only one home game in that time, and every game has been against a big six side.

I do love me this random fixture generator they have...
Stop moaning, 4,500 people have got to see Wolves at home on the last day of the Premier League season, that's not bad for 6 years is it?

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They look like good fixtures to be fair. No real period where you would expect us to go 4-5 games losing to the big 6
Arsenal H, City A, Liverpool A in the last five is potentially a big problem if we're still in a relegation scrap by then.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal H, City A, Liverpool A in the last five is potentially a big problem if we're still in a relegation scrap by then.
If we are in a scrap with 5 games to go, we are down regardless of who we are playing

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Brighton being our first home game isn't a bad one tbh, while of course they were great last season they have already lost Mcallister and big talk of Caicedo going already plus more will likely leave. Think getting them early on won't be a bad thing as they will be bedding in a lot of new players.

Back
Top Bottom