Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Predictions v Villa (H)

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Got done by superior fitness, intensity and the quality that determines the end result with product v a superb Liverpool…....and that against an injury decimated one at that too.

Villa are nearer our current level so in that respect the game automatically becomes a more critical situation for us.

If we can though somehow emulate Pool’s intensity and commitment to the job, we should prevail, adequate finishing allowing. :)

2 – 0! :)

Wanderer Til I Die

Reaction score
I think this has a 1-1 written all over it.

Fabio Silva to get his first goal for Wolves.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A Desmond if we can do our side 2 2.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
0-2 loss and I will not be on here after if that's the case. Imagine the fume.

We're good enough to win, of course, we beat them comfortably twice last season, but it just feels like our confidence is slightly low and theirs is higher which could swing it.

Saying that, maybe it's just a perception issue. Since they were flying high after the big win vs Liverpool and beating Leicester, they've lost four in five against Leeds, Southampton, Brighton and West Ham. Hardly impressive form.

Will be an interesting one. Their one world-class player [yes, he is on current form] is backed up with a bit more quality this year. A bit. But Barkley being out takes that down a notch, too. Our midfield is still better than theirs and their full backs are still average-terrible, mind, so Pedro and Adama should have a good time, IF they have a focal point in front of them.

Bit nervous about it - obviously any football match could go either way, but no result here would surprise me.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
0-2 loss and I will not be on here after if that's the case. Imagine the fume.

We're good enough to win, of course, we beat them comfortably twice last season, but it just feels like our confidence is slightly low and theirs is higher which could swing it.

Saying that, maybe it's just a perception issue. Since they were flying high after the big win vs Liverpool and beating Leicester, they've lost four in five against Leeds, Southampton, Brighton and West Ham. Hardly impressive form.

Will be an interesting one. Their one world-class player [yes, he is on current form] is backed up with a bit more quality this year. A bit. But Barkley being out takes that down a notch, too. Our midfield is still better than theirs and their full backs are still average-terrible, mind, so Pedro and Adama should have a good time, IF they have a focal point in front of them.

Bit nervous about it - obviously any football match could go either way, but no result here would surprise me.
If as you fear we lose badly (and particularly boringly) the Nuno Out faction will cause the forum to catch fire....

Strange how the respective perceptions of the two has changed so much in such a small time.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If as you fear we lose badly (and particularly boringly) the Nuno Out faction will cause the forum to catch fire....

Strange how the respective perceptions of the two has changed so much in such a small time.

'Nuno out' was here when we lost five games in a row in October/November 2018, against in short spells when he'd 'taken us as far as he can' after we didn't win for the first seven games last season, then again when we lost to Sevilla, and now the goons are chirping up again.

They never learn. In the end, it's all gonna be OK and we'll have plenty of ups and a few downs. That's football.

The grass is always greener, eh? The desire for perfection anywhere, let alone Wolves, is unrealistic and frankly stupid.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got a bad feeling about this game. Barkley is out but I still fear this game. One of the games I would hate us to screw up this season.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'Nuno out' was here when we lost five games in a row in October/November 2018, against in short spells when he'd 'taken us as far as he can' after we didn't win for the first seven games last season, then again when we lost to Sevilla, and now the goons are chirping up again.

They never learn. In the end, it's all gonna be OK and we'll have plenty of ups and a few downs. That's football.

The grass is always greener, eh? The desire for perfection anywhere, let alone Wolves, is unrealistic and frankly stupid.
Fair points. Unfortunately some of us have unrealistic expectations (some on here have predicted Champions League winners in xx years) and this ultimately fuels the Nuno Out faction . Personally don’t feel we will achieve top 6 status on a regular basis but happy with what we’ve got (although we have an unbalanced squad and have been boring for too long!)

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no fear in us for this fixture at all. For me it comes down to who can stop the other team play and we are far more adapted to that than they are. Defensively apart from Konsa the rest are to be "got at". There midfield 3 is two championship players and Luiz who blows so hot and cold.

Stop Grealish and you stop Villa.

geowolf

Reaction score
Hopefully will have fully regained their concentration and focus following the Arsenal trauma. 4-3-3 with Neves holding MF, Dendonker watching Grealish and Adama through the middle. 3-0 I reckon and Silva getting off the mark with a stunning late goal.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An awful game, but we sneak a 1-0 win.

D

Deleted member 4008

Will be gutted if we lose to that load of ****e. Already said the TV will be on the road if we lost 4-0 like we did to liverpool

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I rarely dream about football but for some reason last night I dreamt that Fabio scored a well hit strike with his left foot to make it 1-0 against Villa. I believe it then went to 2-0, with Villa making it 2-1 on the stroke of half-time. And then I woke up, so god knows if we made a balls up of it. :)

R

reanswolf

1-3 to the Villa.
Hope I’m wrong of course but battle in midfield will be critical.

D

Deleted member 7041

The injury to Raul has left a massive hole and we have no one to fill it. Got a bad feeling about this, could be embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom