Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Predictions for Stoke

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

Think they'll be too strong for us
2-1 defeat

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will draw 1-1 , get the fans all excited that this could be a cup run, sell out Molineux for the replay with arguments about ticket allocations, then lose on penalties after being 1-0 up with 2 minutes of normal time left
It's the Wolves way

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will draw 1-1 , get the fans all excited that this could be a cup run, sell out Molineux for the replay with arguments about ticket allocations, then lose on penalties after being 1-0 up with 2 minutes of normal time left
It's the Wolves way

Agree with the first part- think we'll play well at Stoke to get a draw- but my interpretation of the "Wolves Way" is that we then fail to turn up for the replay- in front of our own fans and tamely get beaten about 0-3 Either way amounts to hopes dashed - guess we must be wired-up to expect such!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a nasty feeling they will expose our weakness at the back with their set pieces. i think a 3-1 or 4-1 defeat.

B

Benson

Good for them to have an "easy game" compared to their normal games. They will regret they didnt play their best XI and the ones who played only woke up last 30 minutes. Too little too late. 2-1 to the beautiful ones. Cavaleiro and Batth to score.

D

Deleted member 3545

depends on what team Stoke field. If its a weakened team i will go with a draw. Play their 1st team 3-1 loss

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Benson

I checked the Stoke lineup for their League Cup games earlier this season. Away at Stevenage in August and home v Hull in Sept. They played mainly with first team players. Different time of the season now after a tough period, but according to earlier cup games it seems they dont like to try youngsters or reserves in cup games. Last four seasons they have reached R4, R4, R5, R4.

D

Deleted member TW5162

I think it all depends on how much they want it. They are mid to bottom half of the table obscurity (much like us) and a similar number of points clear from the drop zone.

If thier focus is to stay up and they feel they are not safe then we might have a shot. But that said the cup might not be Lamberts priority either.

I think a score draw might be right.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rabbits in the headlights...2-0 Stoke win.
We`re in a relegation battle,thats what counts.

E

Essex Wolf

Have a feeling Wolves could sneak this 1-2 with a late winner.
Maybe just looking for things that aren't really there but Stoke play late tonight so will have over a days less rest in what has been a busy and what's to say they won't pick up and injury or suspension? Yes it's wishful thinking but they have players missing I believe due to the ANC as well as injuries already.
Lets be positive.

F

FLEET WOLF

Have a feeling Wolves could sneak this 1-2 with a late winner.
Maybe just looking for things that aren't really there but Stoke play late tonight so will have over a days less rest in what has been a busy and what's to say they won't pick up and injury or suspension? Yes it's wishful thinking but they have players missing I believe due to the ANC as well as injuries already.
Lets be positive.
Essex, I think the same score line!

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Cups have to be Stoke's priority - what else can a Prem club outside the elite top 6 aim for?

4-1 them.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really fancy us. They'll play a weakened team and we are on the rise, especially away from home. Pick a decent team Paul, and let Cav and Costa have a go at them. 2-1 to the "Giant-killers" :confused: !!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 5242

3-1 to Stoke.

far too good for us unfortunately (how did this ever happen!)

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Entertaining game with us ultimately falling short.

Stoke 3-2.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I used to get so excited about the FA cup. 'Cup Fever' it used to be called in the old days. To be honest I really couldn't care less these days. It's an unwelcome distraction from the league as far as I am concerned, just like those irritating international breaks. Let's face it,there is no way we are going to win the thing. Everyone puts out a makeshift team in order to avoid injuries and to give certain players a rest, and I expect us to do the same.
There is obviously the incentive of getting one over local rivals and in that respect I hope we do well, but I am expecting a narrow defeat.
Stoke 2 Wolves 1
It's almost a relief to get it out of the way, then we can concentrate on avoiding relegation, getting as high up the league as we can, and blood a few more of our promising youngsters.

BorisWolf

Reaction score
I have a nasty feeling they will expose our weakness at the back with their set pieces. i think a 3-1 or 4-1 defeat.

Yep me too. Batth's legs will be tangled in knots by the end.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Take the lead, we all have 10-15 minutes of fun in the away end before we lose 4-1.

If he rests Costa and Cav I will lose my nut. We need to have a go.

Air Wolf 90

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We're a better team away from home. I want us to play strong teams in the Cup but don't know what Lambert's approach to the Cup has been in previous seasons.
A decent team out I can see us getting a draw before inevitable defeat at Molineux. At least we'd be in the hat for the fourth round draw.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It really depends if Stoke take the cup seriously or not. They really should, they will finish mid table and should be really trying to go far in the cups

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stoke are wounded, the fans disinterested, but no danger of relegation or Europe. Therefore, Hughes will field a monster of a side that will bully our midfield and defence into the ground. I don't think that Lambert will be interested in anything but avoiding a relegation battle and might throw a few fringe players in there but protect the likes of Cav and Costa.

Stoke 5-0 Wolves

Ikeme man of the match.

S

Shrewd wolf

2-1 the wolves--- Edwards 2---- well he is our top scorer after all !!!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I seem to remember Portsmouth beating Cardiff in the final a few years back.

Wasn't this with a squad built by Harry that eventually bankrupted them though?

No reason we cant beat Stoke if we play to our maximum and they don't take us too seriously, they are not in a comfortable position in the league to not worry about relegation. They'll probably edge it though, just hoping for enough to get the crowd going and have a great day out
Stoke 2 Wolves 1

D

Deleted member 5242

Stoke are wounded, the fans disinterested, but no danger of relegation or Europe. Therefore, Hughes will field a monster of a side that will bully our midfield and defence into the ground. I don't think that Lambert will be interested in anything but avoiding a relegation battle and might throw a few fringe players in there but protect the likes of Cav and Costa.

Stoke 5-0 Wolves

Ikeme man of the match.

At least you think we will give it a good go then :p

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It really depends if Stoke take the cup seriously or not. They really should, they will finish mid table and should be really trying to go far in the cups

I think they always take the cups seriously in terms of lineups. Truth be told we could do with them picking up a couple of injuries tonight - particularly to the likes of Arnautovic.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves don't do cups. 4-1 for them.

D

Deleted member 4456

Hard fought and a good account of ourselves but ultimately not quite enough. 2-1 defeat.

That said, since we don't really have anything to play for this season, we should probably try to take this seriously.

D

Deleted member 3518

As a Stafford lad hate them with a passion but can't see anything other than a defeat:mad:.

Soho Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
2-1 to us. They score early and we equalise in the 89th minute. Then..........up pops Costa with a sublime cross right across the face of the goal, Cav stretches out and just misses but Bod is at the far post and BOOM!!! Away end goes mental and hundreds on the pitch, Stokies kick off. No, I'm not ****ed but I am ****ed off I have to work on Saturday. BOO!!!

D

Deleted member 4456

Stoke haven't been anything to write home about so far. Their midfield looks one-paced and short of ideas.

D

Deleted member 4456

2-0 up now. Dreadful marking at crosses for both.

W

Wichenford Wolf

Stoke are a solid mid-table Premier League team, we are a struggling Championship side. After a performance described as "brilliant" by PL we succumb to a 0-3 defeat.

S

ShropshireLad

If either we beat Stoke (unlikely) or Huddersfield at home beat Port Vale (likely) then that'll be yet another Saturday 3:00 pm fixture on the scrapheap. which will leave only three left throughout the rest of the season.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the Guess and Stir Lambert is hinting at player changes for Saturday, with possibly Prince, Hause and Iorfa all coming into the side

We are going to get absolutely slaughtered

Back
Top Bottom