Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pre Season Tour-South Korea

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Example of a positive post please? Must have missed it. I won't accept backtracking after your predictions turned to dust though.

On reflection it may have been after the Leicester defeat you predicted no more points. Maximum points from our next two home games though, safe with three to go!

I believe I turned the Brighton game off at HT, figured I could do something productive with the next hour of my life. I'd have stayed until the bitter end if I was at the game though.

Wasn't aware I was a superfan, so thanks... I guess. I'm just a quarter century ST holder with a 250 mile round trip for home games. I even kept my ST when I lived abroad... Holy ****... I am a superfan!!!

Bow in my presence and don't even think about making eye contact.
Regularly stick up for Fabio Silva, praised the intent last summer, the appointment of Lopetegui as the best we could do.

No, 'not on reflection'. You knew full well but you deliberately lied above in order to exaggerate your pop at me :D I said we needed to beat Palace otherwise I thought we could go down on the basis we would not win one of our last five games. We won one, but we also beat Palace so it was irrelevant anyway.

You don't watch us when we're losing, fair enough, can't say it surprises me.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No it doesn’t at all.

Quite clear from the article that the promoters were not able to make do on their promise to get new investors despite promising Wolves they would.

The fact that Celtic were paid their fee would of lead Wolves to
believe the tour would be going ahead.

Anyone using this to criticise the club must be mis-reading the article.
Few people in Scotland (or almost anywhere else) are reading that article. They are instead reading one stating that Wolves have pulled out of the tour and left Celtic without a match.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Few people in Scotland (or almost anywhere else) are reading that article. They are instead reading one stating that Wolves have pulled out of the tour and left Celtic without a match.
Then they are not interpreting the article correctly. It is quite clearly the promoters fault for lying.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club would have been chasing the money for a month or so and therefore at some stage have had to make a decision one way or the other. Bailing on the tournament (not that I’m saying that article is accurate) wouldn’t have been an easy decision but other arrangements would have had to have been made for a pre season.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually, re-reading that article makes me realise that it’s utter ballbags. The promoter’s quote was basically “yea we were supposed to pay 30% in May but told Wolves we were good for it, honest, and they pulled out just as we were about to send all of the money on the day of the deadline - we shook hands on it and made a verbal agreement. No idea why they didn’t trust us to deliver when we said we would and everything”.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are people ignoring the fact Wolves announced a pre-season tour that they knew may not go ahead because the tour investor had pulled out?
Unless you know what was in the contract, you won't find out what the answer to that question actually is. There are serious financial ramifications for all involved as these jaunts can raise serious funds for everyone. Something obviously happened to the main promoter here and more questions need to be asked as to why they were unable to fulfill their original commitment to all involved.

So, I would suggest everyone tempers their anger with the club because the simple fact is, you don't know the true facts.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two quotes drew my attention:

"We were supposed to make an advance payment in May and then pay 70 percent of the balance by the end of June," the official said. "Our understanding was that we were still in talks. And we were surprised to hear Wolverhampton announce the cancellation unilaterally. They'd even visited Korea twice to check on the hotel and stadiums."

"I believe they will reconsider (their decision to pull out) if we send money by Friday," the official said. "We have not yet paid Wolverhampton and Roma, but we've already sent money to Celtic."

Looks to me like the promoter didn't meet their legal obligation and Wolves and Roma were quite within their rights to withdraw from the contract. It's hardly a defence to say we paid one of the teams. It's also quite damning to say "We were supposed to make an advance payment in May" as obviously that didn't happen and we are now at the end of June.

One wonders if Wolves and Roma will now sue the promoter / organiser for any costs incurred and for damages.

OldBrightonWolf

Reaction score
It does seem like advance payments haven't been made to 2 of the 3 teams (shame we can't hold back when booking flights!). Promoter, though, isn't accepting responsibility for Wolves pulling out. Korea JoongAng Daily has article today saying.. A representative of Stadium X and Untouchable Sport Group denied that the Korea Tour was facing financial difficulties, telling the Korea JoongAng Daily Thursday that the agencies rely on a number of investors to fund the tour and they are confident they have secured the necessary funding.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Unless you know what was in the contract, you won't find out what the answer to that question actually is. There are serious financial ramifications for all involved as these jaunts can raise serious funds for everyone. Something obviously happened to the main promoter here and more questions need to be asked as to why they were unable to fulfill their original commitment to all involved.

So, I would suggest everyone tempers their anger with the club because the simple fact is, you don't know the true facts.
Two quotes drew my attention:

"We were supposed to make an advance payment in May and then pay 70 percent of the balance by the end of June," the official said. "Our understanding was that we were still in talks. And we were surprised to hear Wolverhampton announce the cancellation unilaterally. They'd even visited Korea twice to check on the hotel and stadiums."

"I believe they will reconsider (their decision to pull out) if we send money by Friday," the official said. "We have not yet paid Wolverhampton and Roma, but we've already sent money to Celtic."

Looks to me like the promoter didn't meet their legal obligation and Wolves and Roma were quite within their rights to withdraw from the contract. It's hardly a defence to say we paid one of the teams. It's also quite damning to say "We were supposed to make an advance payment in May" as obviously that didn't happen and we are now at the end of June.

One wonders if Wolves and Roma will now sue the promoter / organiser for any costs incurred and for damages.
Another consideration is what Wolves obligations were under the contract. For example, it's very likely the promotor makes money from ticket sales, in which case the clubs may have been legally obliged to promote the event to encourage those ticket sales. By not keeping to their obligations the club would open themselves up legally to counter actions.

It sucks for any fans who may now be out of pocket, but the club have done little wrong here, the promotor appear to have admitted they didn't make payments as contracted and the club have pulled the plug while there is still time to make other arrangements, and also before significantly more fans book travel.

Hopefully many fans who have already booked travel did so on flexible tickets or bookings so the majority can be changed.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Obligations is the key word. Sounds like the people organising it have effectively broken their contract, so Wolves have quite rightly pulled the plug. A shame because it sounds like it would have been awesome.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obligations is the key word. Sounds like the people organising it have effectively broken their contract, so Wolves have quite rightly pulled the plug. A shame because it sounds like it would have been awesome.
Sssh don’t tell Wearewolves it wasn’t Wolves fault

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
We're in the biggest league in the world, we're constantly going on about increasing the 'brand' and for two years in a row we've failed to organise a pre-season tour properly.

This should not happen to Premier League clubs, and I would presume it has not happened twice to any other Premier League club.

It doesn't really matter to most of us on here as we don't care about the 'brand' but it's quite embarrassing for those involved in that side of the club.

It was probably FFP's fault anyway :D
I blame VAR…

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
I’m no Hwang hater but does this open up the chance that he may move this summer? He would have been an important publicity figure for us in Korea but now we’re not going that good reason to keep him has gone.

OldBrightonWolf

Reaction score
Someone's fibbing..

Two more clubs have bit the dust, and Wolves in particular blamed the local promoter for not honoring "numerous financial and logistical obligations."
Stadium X, on the other hand, claimed on Friday its agreement with the clubs only required an advance payment accounting for 70 percent of the fee by the end of June, with the remaining 30 percent to be paid after the matches. The company said AS Roma and Wolverhampton demanded a 100 percent payment up front and canceled their trips unilaterally.
"We'd like to offer our sincere apology to football fans for not being able to bring them these great matches," Stadium X said in a statement. "We will now try our best to make the Celtic-Incheon match happen."

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Someone's fibbing..

Two more clubs have bit the dust, and Wolves in particular blamed the local promoter for not honoring "numerous financial and logistical obligations."
Stadium X, on the other hand, claimed on Friday its agreement with the clubs only required an advance payment accounting for 70 percent of the fee by the end of June, with the remaining 30 percent to be paid after the matches. The company said AS Roma and Wolverhampton demanded a 100 percent payment up front and canceled their trips unilaterally.
"We'd like to offer our sincere apology to football fans for not being able to bring them these great matches," Stadium X said in a statement. "We will now try our best to make the Celtic-Incheon match happen."

That doesn't tally with what they said earlier, so it looks like the organisers are indeed at fault.

On Saturday, Italian media had reported that AS Roma would not travel to South Korea in July because the local promoters had not honored their financial commitments. In addition to playing Wolves on July 29, AS Roma were to take on the K League 1 club Incheon United in Incheon on Aug. 1.

The Stadium X/USG official said AS Roma had yet to make any official announcement on the trip.

In late May, a proposed two-match exhibition series in South Korea between the Italian champions Napoli and the Spanish club RCD Mallorca was canceled due to scheduling conflicts with the K League and financial issues.

Separately, treble winners Manchester City and Spanish club Atletico Madrid are scheduled to square off in Seoul on July 30. (Yonhap)

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well out of this load of crap. Let's have a couple of friendlies against the Shrews and Smallsall instead! Aim high, say I!

OldBrightonWolf

Reaction score
For anyone likely to be out of pocket and who haven't yet contacted fan services best do so now (see below). Too risky to cancel our non refundable bookings without a firmer commitment. May just go and seek some goodwill beer money as still quite unhappy club knew for a while things weren't right, why else not set up their own tour..

Hi,
Thanks for getting in touch.
We are sorry to hear that your travel plans have been affected by the recent announcement. Please be assured that the decision to cancel the trip was not taken lightly. For the reasons mentioned within the statement, the club was left with no choice but to withdraw from the tour. We realise that this news has caused distress to a small number of fans who had booked flights and accommodation to support the team in Korea.

At this stage we are advising those supporters, to limit any losses they stand to make by seeking refunds or flight transfers (where possible). We also advise supporters to check their travel insurance policies to see if they are covered for any losses.

For any unavoidable losses, we ask you to collate and send us evidence of booking information, your cancellation details and confirmation from the flight or hotel operator that you are not entitled to any compensation.

We are currently working through the claim position with our legal team and will keep supporters who send us evidenced documentation updated.

We apologise again for the inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

Supporter Liaison

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For anyone likely to be out of pocket and who haven't yet contacted fan services best do so now (see below). Too risky to cancel our non refundable bookings without a firmer commitment. May just go and seek some goodwill beer money as still quite unhappy club knew for a while things weren't right, why else not set up their own tour..

Hi,
Thanks for getting in touch.
We are sorry to hear that your travel plans have been affected by the recent announcement. Please be assured that the decision to cancel the trip was not taken lightly. For the reasons mentioned within the statement, the club was left with no choice but to withdraw from the tour. We realise that this news has caused distress to a small number of fans who had booked flights and accommodation to support the team in Korea.

At this stage we are advising those supporters, to limit any losses they stand to make by seeking refunds or flight transfers (where possible). We also advise supporters to check their travel insurance policies to see if they are covered for any losses.

For any unavoidable losses, we ask you to collate and send us evidence of booking information, your cancellation details and confirmation from the flight or hotel operator that you are not entitled to any compensation.

We are currently working through the claim position with our legal team and will keep supporters who send us evidenced documentation updated.

We apologise again for the inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

Supporter Liaison
Fair enough

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, not going to Korea. Is it just me that thinks it will be less awkward to sell Hwang now....? ;)

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
So now Celtic have joined us and Roma in pulling out of the trip. Also seen that Roma and Mallorca have pulled out of a separate South Korean trip. Plenty of opponents to play still just need a venue.

OldBrightonWolf

Reaction score
Aye. Due to fly out last sun at 6.30, Fan svcs phoned late Fri pm, we'd already shared booking info, just had to prove we hadn't travelled. Reimbursement for flights and 1st hotel which was too late to cancel has been promised. Still lost some money such as worldwide insurance etc but nice to have had the offer. Algarve and Dublin here we come

Back
Top Bottom