Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pre-game Brunch - Opinions Please (Free Prize Draw/Competition)

Dawnwolf

Reaction score
Morning Folks,

Firstly, as a thank you for the feedback received, responding posters will be added to the free prize draw, details below. (Mods have approved this post)

I have been contacted by the owner of Boho bar in Wolves and they are canvassing opinion on a potential pre-game brunch offering for next season. I'll be sharing a link to this thread so they can read the feedback directly.

They are after feedback from the target audience of match attendees that go for drinks/food pre-game, so if that's you please give your thoughts below good, bad & preferably constructive.
If not the target audience and still wish to comment; can I kindly ask you note that in the reply, so not to skew the data.

"
Pre-Match Bottomless Brunch £24.95pp upgrade to include ****tails for £6 extra per person

60 minutes of bottomless beer or cider plus a sharing board of Wings, Onion Rings, Loaded Fries & Cheesy Dough Balls

Beers include:
Carling
Coors Light
Pravah
Boho Blonde

Cider:
Boho Cider
"

So I then asked some questions myself:

Q: So food is fixed amount and beer is bottomless for 60mins?
A: Yes

Q: How do you know which folks at the bar are on bottomless vs regular punters
A: It Table Service so the waiting staff will know, we already do brunches so have experience with this scenario.

Q: If tables, does that mean pre-booked?
A: yes, pre-booking only.

Q: Anything else worth knowing?
A: On arrival there will be a 3 litre fountain on the table, so no waiting, you can get stuck right in.

Q: So how does that get topped up?
A: Will be Pints via waiter service after the fountain, each glass will be swapped for a fresh.

Q: Do you want me to ask Wolves forum so you have more feedback than just me?
A: That would be ace.
"

Thanks for reading this post, I would ask nicely to please keep feedback about this potential pre-game brunch offering and not general feedback about the bar.

Now to The Free Prize Draw (Thanks to Mutchy)...
Should this all go ahead and they get enough feedback (30+ different individuals) as a thank you they will offer 1 poster a free ticket to the pre-game brunch for them and 3 of their friends/family (so 4 free bottomless brunches). In the interests of fairness I will ask Mods to choose a poster at random.
Should it not go ahead, they will offer a prize of equal value.

Thanks All.

blakenhall wolf

Reaction score
Is there a minimum person requirement? As 1 person would not need a sharing platter, probably more in it for the beer.

Pizza is a simple option to add to a platter which I feel compliments wings etc.

When it's rammed pre match how can anyone ensure table service is swift as bottomless beer will be say 6 pints an hour average

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there a minimum person requirement? As 1 person would not need a sharing platter, probably more in it for the beer.

Pizza is a simple option to add to a platter which I feel compliments wings etc.

When it's rammed pre match how can anyone ensure table service is swift as bottomless beer will be say 6 pints an hour average
SIX pints an hour? Average!?!?

Dawnwolf

Reaction score
Just to be clear to.all, I don't work there. They are monitoring the feedback. Should they have a response to any questions I'll prefix with Boho.

Dawnwolf

Reaction score

Boho:
"The minimum for booking would be two guests"

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a group, we'ves pent the best part of the last season or so trying to find a new home, so have experienced quite a few recently and it's quite a wide ranging group of us in terms of ages and numbers, from the age of early 20s to some (one) approaching 60 so hopefully covers a few bases, although pretty much most of the time it's an all male group.

Obviously the key is quality, waiting times and price, although as a group we'd prefer the first two even if it requires a premium, and if the football is on too it's a bonus.

Looking at the OP, the first issue that jumps out for me would be the offer of ****tails and the impact that is going to have on the wait times for everyone via the table service options (plus the pressure on the bar).

Personally for us, we'd probably pass on something like this due to the issue of ****tails being ordered by others and the delays that'd almost certainly cause from experiences elsewhere.

Food for us would be a nice extra, not important but if it's there why not but wouldn't really factor into our thinking for the price, it's really gonna be pints served + convenience / price per person - tbf even a selection of scratchings, crisps, nuts and possibly stretching to a few cobs and pork pies would be great and something a bit different.

The three 3L fountain is a great idea though, a selection of bottles might be a better shout as they won't go flat as quick, can give people more a choice of which beer and any additional bottles on the table could also help if service does get stretched too later on.

Final one is hour probably isn't long enough, even the late arrivals in our group are usually up town by 1-1.30, and looking around the town pubs do seem to get significantly business as 1pm approaches so a price around 90 mins might be a better.

Reaction score
Shocking beer selection. Assuming the blonde is another Molson coors brand rebadged so probably blue moon? Grim

Maybe do a better selection in bottles on offer in supermarkets when they are often cheaper than they get them from the beer supplier. Estella Damm, peroni, some ales

Nothing here that would have me desperate to book in I’m afraid

Kennedy

Reaction score
My opinion is that "brunch" has no place on a Wolves forum and shouldn't have made it through the swear filter.
Brunch!? Really?
Panini is a sticker collection not a bloody sandwich
Love the panini line.

Kennedy

Reaction score
I don't think brunch would be of interest to me or my pals.

A cheese and onion cob in the Stile does me just fine.

In fact our pre game switch to the Stile coincided with our good home run that ultimately kept us up.

The Stile, I salute you.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've gone to Wolves for 50 years +, though no longer, but I've personally never had 'brunch' before a game, nor after for that matter! I don't know anyone else who has either. Brunch is so not football. I can't speak for others but football is a pie, a pint and a laugh with mates. I applaud you for trying to introduce something new into the match-day experience and wish you well but I feel on match days you may need to re-brand the offer?

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am the toilets gender neutral? Asking for my Uncle..I mean my Auntie.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is the place child friendly ?
It is OR it was,used to use it a lot at one point,didn’t go in the last half of last season,and they did have bouncers on the door checking that you were wolves fans.Previous to that away fans did get in there.Newcastle fans went in after there were skirmishes down the moon under water,and spurs fans went in.Really dow know how strict they are now.I know it’s predominantly a ****tail bar,but by god they take a long time to mix,and that’s one reason we stopped gewin in there.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Michael Branch is the nearest this forum ( or football ) should get to brunch being mentioned. You ll be wanting prawn and avacado wraps with a pre match babycham next .
3 litres is only 5 pints , that's not going to last long !
Ps
So if you are a group of 6 ,you all have to drink the same beer ? ...apart from the 6th person who would be sat with an empty glass

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve been to a total of 1 bottomless brunches (wife’s birthday “thing” not my idea) and it will be a terrible idea for the football crowd. I’m sure they aren’t all the same but it isn’t in the place’s interest to serve quickly and they pretty much worked on 5 drinks in 2 hours.

Throw the ****tails into the mix and you will get a lot of moaning groups of lads wanting their beer fix and wanting to get to their preferred drunk level before the game.

Back
Top Bottom