Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Post World Cup Mini-League

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Came across this Tweet just now which I think puts our immediate situation into a bit of perspective.

We’re improving game on game, and thought the work rate and fight last night was exceptional. Ruben looked like he was ready for war in the tunnel pre-kick. Point being, I believe we’re up for the battle ahead.

Will maybe update this game by game.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
We did not all start on the same number of points?
No offence to the thread, but it's meaningless. Sometimes people talk about a mini-league where you only count games between those teams, but that's rubbish anyway, points off other teams count too! In this case it's basically just the league table starting from Boxing Day, but despite us failing to notice, it actually started in August. We've done best of the bottom 8 over the last 3 games though yes, go us!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No offence to the thread, but it's meaningless. Sometimes people talk about a mini-league where you only count games between those teams, but that's rubbish anyway, points off other teams count too! In this case it's basically just the league table starting from Boxing Day, but despite us failing to notice, it actually started in August. We've done best of the bottom 8 over the last 3 games though yes, go us!
'We are top of the league, say we are top of the league'!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I was thinking of this earlier. Here’s what the table looked like at the World Cup

2E18321E-2804-41BD-AC7C-046F8BA5D443.jpeg

Looking at how far behind teams we were:

Southampton -2
Forest -3
Everton, West Ham -4
Leeds -5
Bournemouth -6
Leicester -7
Villa -8
Palace, Fulham, Brentford -9

Here’s the table now

AEAF98F4-635C-457B-B20F-2B25099DBE1F.jpeg

We’re now:

Southampton +2
Everton, West Ham -1
Bournemouth -2
Forest, Leicester, Leeds -3
Palace, Villa -8
Brentford -12

This shows that since the restart on Boxing Day, we’ve gained points on Southampton; Everton, West Ham, Bournemouth, Leicester, Leeds. Forest have kept their gap but haven’t increased it.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
This thread is making me feel more positive. The situation looked really dire pre World Cup, as the table posted above by @JadeWolf shows. We looked like we were starting to lose touch with teams above the relegation zone. Was thinking it would be nice to see the table from when Lopetegui took over, i.e. post World Cup. It would hopefully calm my nerves at least.

Edit - on the transfer market website you can set up the league table from any point. So this is the post world cup league table.

Screenshot_20230105-192050.png

Last edited:

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless there are minor miracles with new manager bounces (or maybe even a new new one in Southampton’s case), then direction of travel is starting to look good for us.
Southampton, Bournemouth, and Everton, are very much starting to get that doomed look about them. We’ve seen that look, it’s not pretty.

Seems to be Everton in the biggest danger, as even if they sack Frank and get a proper manager in, it’s a limited mish-mash squad, with no money available. Questionable player effort, toxic support, that humping by Brighton has made my mind up, they’re down.

Southampton, again, limited squad, already spent their money on plenty of talented youngsters, fans fuming, and could shortly be on their third manager of the season.

Bournemouth have had their bounce, was good while it lasted, but if they can keep dropping like a stone, it’s all gravy for us.
I’m hoping the relegation spots will be effectively tied up by about March, provided we can drive the ‘final’ nails in with those potential 6 pointers in Feb.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

We’ve done the best of the bottom 8 since we made a change, and are improving. It’s a massive positive even though we have a long way to go.

Back
Top Bottom