Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Post Arsenal run

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst it is very tough to see us getting anything from our next game it looks like we then have a period of six matches that can shape our season? I think it is probably better to have Lemina and Gomes missing on Saturday and have our full strength squad (maybe even having Neto available at some point during this run) for these games?

Burnley (H)
Forest (H)
West Ham (A)
Chelsea (H)
Brentford (A)
Everton (H)

After these games we will have played 20, over half the season. We will also be entering the Jan window. If we can pick up 12-15 points we would be on 27-30 points with 20 games played. We could then have an 'enjoyable' second half to the season with an eye on what we want to do next year? I also think the FA Cup third round draw is soon (this weekend) - maybe we could have a go at that?

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without VAR making any 'errors' I think that 12 points is achievable.

But because of VAR I think we'll have to settle for 7 points maximum.

We'll overtake Everton's points deduction during that run of games.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst it is very tough to see us getting anything from our next game it looks like we then have a period of six matches that can shape our season? I think it is probably better to have Lemina and Gomes missing on Saturday and have our full strength squad (maybe even having Neto available at some point during this run) for these games?

Burnley (H)
Forest (H)
West Ham (A)
Chelsea (H)
Brentford (A)
Everton (H)

After these games we will have played 20, over half the season. We will also be entering the Jan window. If we can pick up 12-15 points we would be on 27-30 points with 20 games played. We could then have an 'enjoyable' second half to the season with an eye on what we want to do next year? I also think the FA Cup third round draw is soon (this weekend) - maybe we could have a go at that?
Every season at this time I pray that we have a go in the cup as I'm now a year older and I'd love to see us win something before I pop my clogs. Like most clubs the cups are the only realistic hope of a trophy.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without VAR making any 'errors' I think that 12 points is achievable.

But because of VAR I think we'll have to settle for 7 points maximum.

We'll overtake Everton's points deduction during that run of games.
Depends who the Circus appoint to officiate.

Reactions: Ned

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've given up trying to predict who we'll get points from.

6 off Spurs and City or Fulham and Sheffield Utd? 99/100 fans would've said the latter

I'm certainly not writing off the Arsenal game like most. This team have a spirit and never say attitude about them

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we cannot get 7 points from that run of games there is something wrong

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It could genuinely be anything. We are mainly poor away from home and struggle against the “weaker” teams. Genuinely could be anything from 0-15, nothing would surprise me.

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score

Burnley (H)
Forest (H)
West Ham (A)
Chelsea (H)
Brentford (A)
Everton (H)

That last line about the cup has been on my mind too. We haven't given it a good go since the semi final disappointment and I'd love another cup run with obviously an actual appearance in the final to erase the Watford ghost.

The House of Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looking at a certain run of games in this league is foolish.

Everyone presumed we’d breeze 3 points against Luton & Sheffield United and completely wrote us off against Man City, Spurs, Villa, Newcastle.

Let’s just take it game by game, which is the approach our manager and players will be taking.

On our day, we know we can put in a 10/10 performance and beat anyone - just as easily as we can fail to turn up and get beat by pure relegation fodder.

The Wolves Way (TM).

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at a certain run of games in this league is foolish.

Everyone presumed we’d breeze 3 points against Luton & Sheffield United and completely wrote us off against Man City, Spurs, Villa, Newcastle.

Let’s just take it game by game, which is the approach our manager and players will be taking.

On our day, we know we can put in a 10/10 performance and beat anyone - just as easily as we can fail to turn up and get beat by pure relegation fodder.

The Wolves Way (TM).
I also think this. We should (as I'm sure GON is) take one game at a time. Today, we'll be concentrating on getting something from the Emirates, not thinking about how many points we'll get from the 6 matches following.
Whatever it is, it'll be nothing like any predictions and while it's an nice game to play, Wolves will not do anything expected.

Back
Top Bottom