Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Portugal vs Spain - U21 Euros Semi Final

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Good luck to Vitinha. Interestingly but I’ve seen him play far better for Portugal U21 than I’ve seen him play for us. Is that down to the level of opposition, formation, style? But you watch these U21 games and you can’t believe Porto are letting him go for £20m.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to Vitinha. Interestingly but I’ve seen him play far better for Portugal U21 than I’ve seen him play for us. Is that down to the level of opposition, formation, style? But you watch these U21 games and you can’t believe Porto are letting him go for £20m.
I'd put it down to the fact that last season Nuno gave Vitinha very limited game time, with most of those minutes being asked to play out of position. Not to mention our whole team looked poor, so it's tough to make your mark, especially as a youngster, when a lot of the senior players were letting the side down at times.

For me, Vitinha is a quality player and in his age group has one of the highest ceilings out of the lot, hopefully with Lage coming in he can continue to develop along with players like Fabio, RAN, MGW and Hoever etc.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Playing him to high up the pitch. Nuno seemed to think he's a 10 like MGW but I'd say he's a lot more of an 8

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd put it down to the fact that last season Nuno gave Vitinha very limited game time, with most of those minutes being asked to play out of position. Not to mention our whole team looked poor, so it's tough to make your mark, especially as a youngster, when a lot of the senior players were letting the side down at times.

For me, Vitinha is a quality player and in his age group has one of the highest ceilings out of the lot, hopefully with Lage coming in he can continue to develop along with players like Fabio, RAN, MGW and Hoever etc.
I'm sure next season will be pretty important for Vitinha. If the rumours are true, Lage excels in getting the best out of young players so this could work really well for us if we do sign him permanently.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know the status of Fabio in the U21s? Has he ever been capped?

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent effort by Vitinha just now but straight at the keeper really

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
atleast 50%

the Portuguese lads can’t help it once they hear about the mander centre and black county museum they beg mendes to bring them over
Don't forget the orange chips

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

they always have men available showing for the ball in attacking areas of the pitch. Makes such a difference.

At wolves he has 1/2 options on the ball and it was all so predictable

watching how good he is for the under 21s highlights what a poor job Nuno did this season

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spain looking better this second half

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Wonder if Real Madrid will be loaning out Brahim Diaz again next season? Definitely one I’d be looking at if so.

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else a bit confused how Goncalo Ramos and Tomas got in ahead of fabio?

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Vitinha of Wolves will take this"

2 seconds later

"and clutched by the keeper"

seems we're rubbing off on him :blush:

God awful excellent set pieces classic wolves style

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These youtube comments on the sky sports livestream of the match are incredible

mvu705h0.png
5280vlmw.png

tp747zd7.png

hmqs5kw4.png

and for the record Mario Ballotelli is on the same level as his Royal Highness Ryan Bennet Protector of the Holy Goal PhD, MD, OBE.

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
did anyone else see that how in the world

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Goal Portugal!!

Big chunk of fortune with the finish, heavy deflection turned it in off of a cross, but the ball from Vitinha to get the lad in behind was majestic

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unlucky for Spain as they've been the better side in the second half, very unfortunate way to concede as well

Back
Top Bottom