Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Portugal Squad

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa, Neves, Nunes and Neto included, Semedo, Moutinho, Podence and Guedes miss out.

Presume this will be the World Cup squad barring an injury now shame for Joao in particular and Semedo who's been involved in most squads.

Ex wolfs Rui, Vitinha and Jota also in.

1663243512962.png

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or, the emergence of Vitinha might have displaced him.

Hope not, but if all those midfielders are fit and in form, I can see Joao missing out!
He will go to the world cup......they dont need to look at him no more ....it's sensible to say have a rest......he will replace j mario in the 26 man squad or even Neto.....for the world cup.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be interesting to see how tiago djalo does at centreback.....
Had me eye on him at Lillie for a bit....surely he has a wolves transfer written all over him.....

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will go to the world cup......they dont need to look at him no more ....it's sensible to say have a rest......he will replace j mario in the 26 man squad or even Neto.....for the world cup.
They often seem to play Moutinho in the position we play neves in, which I presume is where palinha plays too. Unless they decide to use 2 holding midfielders (which I don’t think they often do?) then it may be touch n go as to weather he makes the squad.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the midfielders in that squad, who should moutinho get in in place of? Carvalho? Vitinha?

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho usually plays in the big games.

Was one of the best players in the play off games.

They're giving the guy a little mid season break (wisely) so he's ready for the world Cup (probably having looked at the Wolves squad and noticing he'll be playing every game!)

Bigcheese

Reaction score
I see Chelsea are moving towards using mendes the way we do as with regards to the Portuguese market.
C'mon Jeff,tell em to **** off

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there is some experimentation in that squad to see how a few fit in prior to the WC. I reckon Moutinho will be in the WC squad Santos likes Guedes too.

Neto probably gets in based on reputation and potential. Hope it gives him some confidence and he can build on that back at Wolves and earn himself a WC call up.

Semedo is a much better RB than Dalot clearly checking club badge in that decision.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s some squad they have. Must be one of the favourites if they click.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I think there is some experimentation in that squad to see how a few fit in prior to the WC. I reckon Moutinho will be in the WC squad Santos likes Guedes too.

Neto probably gets in based on reputation and potential. Hope it gives him some confidence and he can build on that back at Wolves and earn himself a WC call up.

Semedo is a much better RB than Dalot clearly checking club badge in that decision.
Thinking Semedo could have said he needed the break to manage his fitness? Feel for any of our lads who miss out, but equally it probably helps us (unless the likes of Neto think they need a higher profile).

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
For me, Neto pretty fortunate to be in, Semedo unfortunate to be out - he's better than Dalot.
Absolutely. Semedo injury was the reason for our collapse at the end of last year. Still has time to get in squad given 2/3 quality performances against top sides in next couple of weeks.... Neto fortunate. It appears Portugal are able to make the same mistakes as Southgate - pick some on reputation not form. (Maguire? Shaw? Rashford? to name but 3....)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure they have enough options in defence, they've only named 8 defenders, look at England for example they've gone for 12!! We have far more "clean sheet" options, good old Gareth
Shane that many of England's 12 are absolutely ****ing gash! The Waistcoat should have stuck to crap pizza ads....

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo is better than Dalot. He is unlucky to miss out.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still gutted we didn’t sign vitinha as moutinho replacement

barely puts a foot wrong at psg and seems to be the player with the composure to feed the front 3 quickly

Back
Top Bottom