Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Porto Friendly

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else quite excited for this? We've signed one player on a free yet it still feels like we have a few "new" players that should be available for this - Fabio Silva returning from his loan spells, Sasa Kaladzjic returning from his ACL injury, Boubacar Traore from a long injury lay-off, and Pedro Neto is healthy for his first preseason in three years. As Jez would say, "like a new signing(s)".

We also have Joao Gomes, Matheus Cunha, Matheus Nunes, and Pablo Sarabia with a half (or full) season of adapting that will hopefully see them push on now. I can appreciate the itch for new signings (I'm the same), but we spent in January on those players not just for the short term, but for now.

Formation wise, it will also be the first proper friendly where we get to see what shape we play with. We've seen some 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 in the behind-closed-doors preseason games, or will it be more of the hybrid "4-4-2" that effectively kept us up. Will Nathan Fraser get a chance up top? Will Rayan Ait-Nouri get a chance in midfield?

I'm sure if we get pumped by Porto it will bring me back down to earth!

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am meant to be out tomorrow evening running about, but going to purchase on my phone and hopefully get chance to watch.

Just great to have football again

Expecting a line up maybe of

Sa

Semedo Dawson Killman Bueno

Gomes Lemina

Sarabia Nunes Neto

Cunha

With Sasa Hwang Traore, Toti, Doc getting on maybe half time with the rest on around the hour mark.

Does show how light we are and missing a true leader.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am looking forward to it and hope I am back in time to see some of it. I don’t think I am a happy clapper and usually considered a pessimist but i am cautiously optimistic that our first 11 might actually be quite decent, particularly after a pre-season under JL and a more progressive way of playing football.
Interested to see.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Definitely a strong test and a big step up from playing an hour against Blackpool.

Can’t see Fabio or Neto starting after just joining up with training. Obviously Raul, Giles and Podence won’t play. Rest of the team might be:

Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman Bueno
Nunes Lemina
Sarabia Cunha Ait-Nouri
Fraser

With Bentley, Doherty, Jonny, Toti, Gomes, Hwang, Neto, Fabio and Sasa to appear at some point.

azy

Reaction score
I've just read on twitter that the game is supposedly free on Porto TV if you sign up.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am meant to be out tomorrow evening running about, but going to purchase on my phone and hopefully get chance to watch.

Sa

Gomes Lemina

Sarabia Nunes Neto

Cunha

With Sasa Hwang Traore, Toti, Doc getting on maybe half time with the rest on around the hour mark.

Can’t play Cunha as a lone striker just doesn’t work he’s a good number 10 n but not as an out and out centre forward

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman Bueno
Gomes Lemina
Nunes Sarabia
Sasa Cunha​

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A side packed with goal scorers there, Lol. How many Premier league goals were scored by that lot last season ? Is it 1?
I think creating a team of good players and having them play well will lead to goals.

Besides it’s a bit misleading for you to ask how many that lot scored last season for us:

4 were only here half the season
1 not here at all
Neto quite a bit of time injured
Nunes adapting.....

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoping we finally start to see us developing an attacking style and pattern of play tonight, even with a couple of additions to come (and Neto and Fabio unlikely to start) we should be seeing something now despite maybe a couple of square pegs in round holes tonight.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoping we finally start to see us developing an attacking style and pattern of play tonight, even with a couple of additions to come (and Neto and Fabio unlikely to start) we should be seeing something now despite maybe a couple of square pegs in round holes tonight.
should see this narrow midfield,

likely gomes nunes sarabia all start

If Ran Starts again further up field, it would make no sense to keep blooding him to sell him

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
should see this narrow midfield,

likely gomes nunes sarabia all start

If Ran Starts again further up field, it would make no sense to keep blooding him to sell him
TBF I want to see when and where players move into space, the tempo, direction and distance of our passing and of course how we create chances and how many of our players are around them!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank you. Paid. Six quid towards Alex Scott
Now then, I don’t think I’m a bit of a thickie but if I follow the email link, it takes me to WolvesTV and no link to pay for the game. If I follow Jade’s link, I get to pay from PayPal £1, and if I try my card £0.
Even once I’ve done that and go back to WolvesTV, there’s still no game link for ‘upcoming’ broadcast. Nothing, na-da, zilch.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Now then, I don’t think I’m a bit of a thickie but if I follow the email link, it takes me to WolvesTV and no link to pay for the game. If I follow Jade’s link, I get to pay from PayPal £1, and if I try my card £0.
Even once I’ve done that and go back to WolvesTV, there’s still no game link for ‘upcoming’ broadcast. Nothing, na-da, zilch.
I tried earlier and there was no link to pay, but it's OK for me now. I think they're working on stuff, so they move where things are and then the previous links don't work. All a bit ad hoc, but to be fair it's getting there, more hopeful it'll be OK in the end!

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
On Wolves TV it seemed to be not well described, you had to 'subscribe' (even after logging in) and then from there was a link to the payment page. Not very intuitive at all!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4C82194A-0178-45A4-8AD9-1706BC189FD7.jpeg
I now have a link for live WTV for later but still can’t pay £6, despite my best efforts.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Confidence and commitment is as important as any signing .
Lets hope we see that building from tonight.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I tried earlier and there was no link to pay, but it's OK for me now. I think they're working on stuff, so they move where things are and then the previous links don't work. All a bit ad hoc, but to be fair it's getting there, more hopeful it'll be OK in the end!
I’ll give it another go this afternoon

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa

Gomes Lemina

Sarabia Nunes Neto

Cunha

Don’t disagree with that starting line up.

Be interesting to see who the captain will be.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

you can watch it for free via Porto's site if you register. Saves wasting £6

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

you can watch it for free via Porto's site if you register. Saves wasting £6
Yes, but I want to hear Chris Iwelumo and Andy Thompson's electric commentaries!
Interesting that I put a 5k deposit down on a car last week which went straight through but Santander wanted OTP verification for the £6 match fee! Bonkers.

Back
Top Bottom