Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Podence.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was only trying to understand the reasoning for the ‘inquiry’ and not trying to judge Podence at all.

It’s simple. Forest have accused Podence of spitting despite there being tv and photographic evidence that he didn’t, the match officials having reviewed and dismissed such evidence, and that the accuser is on video stating he only saw motion and it didn’t happen. Nobody has, at least in public, accused Podence of simulating spitting, so why we should be discussing whether this was poor behaviour seems strange.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s simple. Forest have accused Podence of spitting despite there being tv and photographic evidence that he didn’t, the match officials having reviewed and dismissed such evidence, and that the accuser is on video stating he only saw motion and it didn’t happen. Nobody has, at least in public, accused Podence of simulating spitting, so why we should be discussing whether this was poor behaviour seems strange.
It's a pathetic attempt by Forest to try and upset us going in to the tail end of the season. Honestly that is all I can see this as; their silly manager trying to disrupt us and Podence. If he gets proven innocent I hope there is some retrospective punishment for the accusers who are clearly lying.

Welford Wolf

Reaction score
Forest got done yesterday £55k for not controlling their players, surely they talk about every incident at a game at the same time?

Podence‘s hearing got delayed by what I thought was 2 working days, so we should know how he got on

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And MGW is staring straight at the close one, which was my point.

Don’t get this line of arguing either, it’s a pretty common way to spit.
It is, but usually there is a gob of the offending substance visible just prior to ejection.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest got done yesterday £55k for not controlling their players, surely they talk about every incident at a game at the same time?

Podence‘s hearing got delayed by what I thought was 2 working days, so we should know how he got on
Was that the hearing date of just the date by which he had to respond.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Referees in other sports are microphoned to explain decisions to the audiences during instant replay reviews. Football should be no different. We deserve transparency.

Gazebowolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Referees in other sports are microphoned to explain decisions to the audiences during instant replay reviews. Football should be no different. We deserve transparency.
Yet contrary to popular belief they still make many mistakes. I have heard and seen multiple comments over the past few months how rugby refs are amazing and how the TMO works seamlessly, which couldn't be further from the truth. It is just that rugby isn't as high profile and even the most basic and high profile mistakes barely get a mention. Look at the recent 6 nations for example when Ireland were helped on their way to the the championship by two horrific decisions going in their favour. Against France they were awarded a try despite replays showing the Irish player had a foot in touch and against England they played against 14 men for the majority of the match, yet the red card decision was rescinded at a later date. The 6 nations is effectively the equivalent of the Euros in football, could you imagine the publicity it would get if such decisions were made in a major football championship?

In domestic rugby it is even worse as nearly every weekend there are incidents where a citing officer has to get involved and players end up with retrospective bans due to both the on field ref and TMO missing blatant offences of foul play.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
The stats of 4 players of five being booked were black, isn’t wrong.

Did he yellow card either white player remonstrating in a far more aggressive manor? Or the black player he barely saw? And the line trotted out by the PGMOL at half time wasn’t the “third player gets booked” rule that we haven’t seen get used so many times since. We have seen a white player from Man Utd lay hands on an official which is far worse than lemina with no punishment.

Semedo didn’t foul the guy for his card… watch it back.

The optics don’t look good!
Not getting into this one, but just to check, as far as I heard the only person who mentioned the 'third man rule' was Neves post-match. Was there an official claim that this spurious rule had been adopted for the first half of one game?

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not getting into this one, but just to check, as far as I heard the only person who mentioned the 'third man rule' was Neves post-match. Was there an official claim that this spurious rule had been adopted for the first half of one game?
I didn't hear that. I didn't even know there was a third man rule.

Sounds like something from cricket or Graham Greene and just as fictious

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was said after the game on TV and radio from what I heard in regards to the third player rule.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I didn't hear that. I didn't even know there was a third man rule.

Sounds like something from cricket or Graham Greene and just as fictious

It was said after the game on TV and radio from what I heard in regards to the third player rule.
I don't think there is one, beyond the idea that 'surrounding the ref' might take at least 3!

That's my question really, when Neves said he'd asked about the reason and the ref said he ran towards him and Neves said, but so did Moutinho and me, he said the ref said 'but he was the third man' that's the only source I've seen?

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Martin Tyler mentioned it during his commentary stint the following day. Since then it has been conveniently forgotten about by the whole world except for Wolves fans.

Gazebowolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Which was only because Neves the TV and radio reporters. Lemina recieved his 2nd yellow card for offence C2 (dissent), effectively he was sent off for his language towards the referee, which depsite him not being in the close vicinity of the referee was even picked up over the referee's mic.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, the 'third man rule' was made up.

It only came from Neves, but that's because it came from the ref.

Lemina actually did nothing wrong. He didn't swear, he didn't gesticulate, he jogged towards the ref. So, the ref had to make something up. In most cases, I'm sure you'll find a way to justify a booking, but here there were actually none.

So, he obviously told Neves we book a player when you start crowding around the ref in numbers.

But, we know this is not true. It was a just the only excuse they had to try and justify a terrible decision.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Which was only because Neves the TV and radio reporters. Lemina recieved his 2nd yellow card for offence C2 (dissent), effectively he was sent off for his language towards the referee, which depsite him not being in the close vicinity of the referee was even picked up over the referee's mic.
Neves told the reporters what he'd been told by the ref. The rule was also implemented in a game in the next day or two - may have been Man City - but seems to have withered away again since.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Proof?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves told the reporters what he'd been told by the ref. The rule was also implemented in a game in the next day or two - may have been Man City - but seems to have withered away again since.

Yeah, it was Ruben Dias.

I think they came out and said something about it not being a third man rule or anything like that, but more to do with the distance the players travelled to remonstrate with the referee. Both for Lemina and Dias.

It was meant to stamp out dissent, but if anything it's got worse since with no punishment.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What was the name of that poster who insisted that refs were learning Portuguese so that they could take action on nuno swearing in Portuguese :)
He of the long number after his name.... Before l actually joined but l did lurk on the site. From what l recall the general consensus was that he was of the six-fingered persuasion....

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So what exactly did he do, since you’re so sure he was a “bell-end”? Go on, it will save us all having to wait for the outcome of the FA case.
Oh ffs. Okay, let someone pretend to spit at you and see whether you think they’re anything less than a bell-end. …

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
He of the long number after his name.... Before l actually joined but l did lurk on the site. From what l recall the general consensus was that he was of the six-fingered persuasion....
Turner something or other

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
You know this isn't true.

Are you on a wind up?

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Too much swearing from both the crowd and players make miking refs a no go. Which is a shame because I think it would be amazing to listen in on the conversations.

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard a female pundit on Five Live say “the Standard third player to surround the ref” during the next match (IIRC) after Lemina got sent off and I’m sure in the print they made reference to it being in the rules but rarely used. I stand to be corrected of course.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too much swearing from both the crowd and players make miking refs a no go. Which is a shame because I think it would be amazing to listen in on the conversations.
Swearing in the crowd can already be heard by the TV mikes around the grounds
If players are swearing at the officials they should be being booked anyway, and being recorded is a way of proving it isnt it?

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard a female pundit on Five Live say “the Standard third player to surround the ref” during the next match (IIRC) after Lemina got sent off and I’m sure in the print they made reference to it being in the rules but rarely used. I stand to be corrected of course.
Its not exactly in the rules
The ruling is any contact with officials should be a booking or red card
A booking should also be given if two or more players surround the Referee or react aggressively
There is no exact 3rd man ruling as i see it but the rules could be interpreted as such

Back
Top Bottom