Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Players you'd like us to be looking at

• Thread starter Deleted member 8455jwf
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Thought a thread on players who've caught your eye might be a nice change of pace.

Realistic ones would be best

Moved this from a different thread but love Cheick Doucoure

Only saw a full 90 of him once but instantly his passing through the lines massively stands out, his work-rate is insanely good and has experience covering fullbacks in a 3 at the back.

The kind of ball progressor we need with a Joao knack for nicking the ball timing tackles well which belies his years, despite not being the biggest bloke in the world (thought he's bigger than Joao and really sharp pace). His ability to stand up to a kicking, CM in Ligue 1 so they just get topped/top people constantly, also is a plus.

Doubt we are truly in for him but he'd be fantastic and available for a cut price

Cheick Doucouré Stats, Goals, Records, Assists, Cups and more | FBref.com

Dreaded highlight film, can see his attributes of his great passing through the lines and his dribbling.

Negatives would be he has only played about 100 first team games in 2 very weak leagues, but has played at AFCON and for a team that punched above their weight in Ligue 1 after getting promoted with them.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amine Gouiri, 22, left-sided French forward currently with Nice, originally from Lyon. Built from bricks, rarely misses a game. Big, strapping lad with pace, deceptively quick feet and great first touch, lots of confidence and aggression, imagine Ait-Nouri but more oak and less leaf, or Neto with a more consistent goal threat (10 goals and 9 assists last year, 12 goals and 7 assists the year before). Key note, he can collect the ball at pace, knock it past a defender or thread a pass, and carries the ball into the danger areas with an end product. Bit selfish, very raw still, but good enough to forgive him an ego.

If, like me, your favourite recent Wolves incarnation was the one from a couple of years ago with Jota playing high as a second striker in that left-sided berth, with quick transitions up that flank, this kid is absolutely cut from that cloth. Cost Nice about £6m two years ago, would probably take £18-£20m to secure him now, but is a diamond.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still want Renato Sanches and or Matheus Nunes

I know the formers injuries continue to be an issue and seemingly AC Milan bound (Only 20M Euros) but would be worth the gamble still for me, the most dynamic all round machine of a midfielder I've seen within the realms of the Mendes world that would make us a semi realistic option

Looks like a moot point as he's off elsewhere but still see him as the best fit for what our midfield has been missing for a long time now

Nunes the other one who feels close to that too... although City being interested probably makes him out of reach too... but a midfield 3 that looks like this in a 433 would be my dream to replace our outgoing players

Palhinha
Sanches --- Nunes​

Raymont

Reaction score
When he was rumored for another team I got a tiny bit jealous, but I don't see that anything has come of it. Calvin Bassey from Rangers.

Looked comfortable as a left CB in a back 4in Europa matches, and apparently that's the second of two positions he plays, left FB being the other. He was fast, aggressive, and is young. Would be an excellent addition to our depth in the back.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I know the formers injuries continue to be an issue and seemingly AC Milan bound (Only 20M Euros) but would be worth the gamble still for me, the most dynamic all round machine of a midfielder I've seen within the realms of the Mendes world that would make us a semi realistic option

Looks like a moot point as he's off elsewhere but still see him as the best fit for what our midfield has been missing for a long time now

Nunes the other one who feels close to that too... although City being interested probably makes him out of reach too... but a midfield 3 that looks like this in a 433 would be my dream to replace our outgoing players

Palhinha
Sanches --- Nunes​
I think this is more realistic

Palhinha
Cundle ---- mgw

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Palhinha
Sanches --- Nunes​
This would be pure filth!

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Realistically I’d like us to take a punt on Tarkowski from Burnley, although I think he’ll end up at NUFC.

I reckon he’d potentially allow us to go to 4 at the back alongside Kilman, and whilst he’s not VVD, he’s free and should therefore fit within our budget requirements.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know these 2 aren’t now realistic but I’m gonna say them anyway because I would have said them this time last year! And they wouldn’t have been anywhere near as unrealistic then!
Abraham & Tomori ...

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Realistically I’d like us to take a punt on Tarkowski from Burnley, although I think he’ll end up at NUFC.

I reckon he’d potentially allow us to go to 4 at the back alongside Kilman, and whilst he’s not VVD, he’s free and should therefore fit within our budget requirements.

With what Bruno said in the AskWolves video, we don't have defenders to play a high line consistently due to the lack of recovery pace.

Massive no for me on Tarkowski for this. Roger Johnson vibes about it.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I know these 2 aren’t now realistic but I’m gonna say them anyway because I would have said them this time last year! And they wouldn’t have been anywhere near as unrealistic then!
Abraham & Tomori ...
Given Tomori was playing for a champions league team who had a transfer fee agreed for him. I'd say that was somewhat unrealistic myself!

Abraham also on crazy money at Roma net because of the tax thing

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given Tomori was playing for a champions league team who had a transfer fee agreed for him. I'd say that was somewhat unrealistic myself!

Abraham also on crazy money at Roma net because of the tax thing
Fine, burst my bubble why don’t you!!!

T

TheConcourse

Palhinha
Sanches --- Nunes​
I want a 12” penis.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Gianluca Caprari at Hellas Verona, plays as a hybrid number 10, inside forward. Very tricky eye for a goal and just been called up to Italian squad for first time. 12 goals and 7 assists season gone. Only downside is he is 28. Would not get many years from him

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mady Camara - DM - Olympiacos
Lewis Obrien - CAM - Huddersfield
Viktor Gyokeres - CF - Coventry

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Nunes will go City for sure I think. Pep in love with him.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sergio Oliveira, if Moutinho is to leave, doesn't look like he's going to stay at Roma.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morgan Gibbs White, tore up the championship and is a highly rated youngster. Same mould as James Maddison or Harvey Barnes
Unlike them he has had previous attempts at The Premier League. So he isn't a completely unknown quantity

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gianluca Scamacca - Sassuolo - ST - 23 y/o - 6ft 5

If we potentially face the prospect of selling Raul this summer, then we’ll most certainly need to be shopping in the market for a Striker. At 6”5 he can not only take up that target man role that Lage is supposedly looking for, but he would offer so much more on top of it.

An abundance of technical ability, with some added flair to go with it. Great at playing with his back to goal, is able to drop deep and link the play well, and overall appears to have a great footballing brain. To top it all off, he has what every striker must need to be a top one, an eye for goal, and a clean striker of the ball - racking up a tally of 16 goals this season in 36 games to boot.

1654100550288.png

He's been likened to a young Ibrahimovic, which I can definitely see the comparison of & probably who I'd say he is most similar to in stature, playstyle etc. but I have to admit, I also see some similarities to a pre-injury Raul in a sense too - both from watching clips of him play & looking at the data, as shown below. (Raul 19/20 vs Scamacca 20/21)

1654101012826.png
I've probably just written all this for nothing though, as I have a feeling he'll stay in Italy & join one of the top teams like Inter in a big-money move (£35m-45m) this summer (provided they don't go back in for Lukaku). I think Arsenal have also been linked in the Athletic as part of a list of their targets for ST this summer too.

If I have the time over the next few days/week I'll maybe post a few other players that I like the look of too. Good thread & interesting to read what other players people like the look of, so thank you @jwolfie91

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gianluca Scamacca - Sassuolo - ST - 23 y/o - 6ft 5

If we potentially face the prospect of selling Raul this summer, then we’ll most certainly need to be shopping in the market for a Striker. At 6”5 he can not only take up that target man role that Lage is supposedly looking for, but he would offer so much more on top of it.

An abundance of technical ability, with some added flair to go with it. Great at playing with his back to goal, is able to drop deep and link the play well, and overall appears to have a great footballing brain. To top it all off, he has what every striker must need to be a top one, an eye for goal, and a clean striker of the ball - racking up a tally of 16 goals this season in 36 games to boot.

View attachment 28190

He's been likened to a young Ibrahimovic, which I can definitely see the comparison of & probably who I'd say he is most similar to in stature, playstyle etc. but I have to admit, I also see some similarities to a pre-injury Raul in a sense too - both from watching clips of him play & looking at the data, as shown below. (Raul 19/20 vs Scamacca 20/21)

View attachment 28191
I've probably just written all this for nothing though, as I have a feeling he'll stay in Italy & join one of the top teams like Inter in a big-money move (£35m-45m) this summer (provided they don't go back in for Lukaku). I think Arsenal have also been linked in the Athletic as part of a list of their targets for ST this summer too.

If I have the time over the next few days/week I'll maybe post a few other players that I like the look of too. Good thread & interesting to read what other players people like the look of, so thank you @jwolfie91

Him or Raspadori would be nice. But then again Italians outside of Italy dont exactly do very well

Last edited:

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gleison Bremer - Torino CB

They finished 10th like us, yet only conceded 41 goals. Only the top 4 in Serie A let in fewer and he was a huge reason for it.

Whenever I watched them he stood out. No idea how much attention he's attracted or price but yeh he'd be my answer.

Edit - He won Serie A defender of the year, so probably has the big guns in that league after him.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Would love a big, physical centre-half to replace Saiss. Nikola Milenkovic or Duja Caleta-Car would be great and David Carmo at Braga is a fantastic prospect (6’5”, excellent on the ball and just broke into the Portugal squad). Levi Colwill looked great on loan at Huddersfield and is probably ready to make the step up in a similar manner to Marc Guehi last season.

In midfield, Nunes or Sanches would be phenomenal but think they’re going to have far more appealing offers. Really wanted us to sign Vitinha but think that boat has sailed too.

In terms of attacking midfielders/forwards, Cole Palmer at Man City is an unbelievable prospect but think he’ll be very close to their first team squad next year. Always been very impressed with Takumi Minamino at Liverpool and there are rumours that he’s available at £20m. Keane Lewis-Potter at Hull and Scott Twine at MK Dons are two Football League players who look like they could make the step up.

As for strikers, Charles De Ketelaere at Brugge looks like a generational talent ;) Gonçalo Ramos at Benfica would be a fantastic signing and has a great understanding with Fabio in Portugal Under-21’s.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought a thread on players who've caught your eye might be a nice change of pace.

Realistic ones would be best

Moved this from a different thread but love Cheick Doucoure

Only saw a full 90 of him once but instantly his passing through the lines massively stands out, his work-rate is insanely good and has experience covering fullbacks in a 3 at the back.

The kind of ball progressor we need with a Joao knack for nicking the ball timing tackles well which belies his years, despite not being the biggest bloke in the world (thought he's bigger than Joao and really sharp pace). His ability to stand up to a kicking, CM in Ligue 1 so they just get topped/top people constantly, also is a plus.

Doubt we are truly in for him but he'd be fantastic and available for a cut price

Cheick Doucouré Stats, Goals, Records, Assists, Cups and more | FBref.com

Dreaded highlight film, can see his attributes of his great passing through the lines and his dribbling.

Negatives would be he has only played about 100 first team games in 2 very weak leagues, but has played at AFCON and for a team that punched above their weight in Ligue 1 after getting promoted with them.
Would be happy with him , because he would give us the legs option in midfield.... palhinha, Nico Gonzalez, doucorre and one of donk or moutinho (experienced + familiarity). for me would be good...

Grimaldo or Telles ....I appreciate telles hasn't been brilliant at man utd but I think he might be available for a cheeky offer.....no problem with rayan but I want a guaranteed quality set piece option in the team and both these players offer that...corners etc.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom