Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Players you'd accept leaving

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst we wait for medicals for the hundreds of players we're signing, theres obviously going to be a rebalancing of the squad at some point, either this month for registration reasons to allow even more players to arrive or in the summer etc

So, just for fun, name 3 players who maybe aren't obvious departures like Ronan or Mosquera, who you wouldn't mind leaving

Mine are,

Semedo - Looking like maybe fingers crossed Jonny is getting back to something like his old self under JL and with all the reports to AWB and Spence plus the potential of Lembikisa if we can get decent money for him now let him go. Defensively he's still suspect and he doesn't really offer anything going forwards.

Moutinho - Not the ideal way to end whats been an amazing run, but its clear hes not the type of midfielder JL wants, he's probably on big money and he'd be going end of the season anyway, so if he can find a portuguese club to go back to see out the last of his playing days and we save on wages its win win

Podence - On his day he's class but those days are few and far between and often he's one of the most frustrating players around with flicks and back heels at the worst times. Plus if Sarabia comes and Neto is fit, with Cunha, Guedes and Hwang there too and RAN being used further forwards we really don't need him

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst we wait for medicals for the hundreds of players we're signing, theres obviously going to be a rebalancing of the squad at some point, either this month for registration reasons to allow even more players to arrive or in the summer etc

So, just for fun, name 3 players who maybe aren't obvious departures like Ronan or Mosquera, who you wouldn't mind leaving

Mine are,

Semedo - Looking like maybe fingers crossed Jonny is getting back to something like his old self under JL and with all the reports to AWB and Spence plus the potential of Lembikisa if we can get decent money for him now let him go. Defensively he's still suspect and he doesn't really offer anything going forwards.

Moutinho - Not the ideal way to end whats been an amazing run, but its clear hes not the type of midfielder JL wants, he's probably on big money and he'd be going end of the season anyway, so if he can find a portuguese club to go back to see out the last of his playing days and we save on wages its win win

Podence - On his day he's class but those days are few and far between and often he's one of the most frustrating players around with flicks and back heels at the worst times. Plus if Sarabia comes and Neto is fit, with Cunha, Guedes and Hwang there too and RAN being used further forwards we really don't need him
No way on form this season you let podence leave and keep adama Hwang or Guedes.....for his faults podence, which he does have he has contributed way more than the other 3........long term I would be prepared to let podence leave but not in January.....

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Adama definitely

Semedo if we get a replacement

I’d consider approaches for Raul, Guedes and Hwang depending on the incomings

Let Moutinho stay. Useful experienced squad player for the rest of the season and we won’t get a penny for him given his age. I’d personally like him to stay around the club in another capacity after this season

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way on form this season you let podence leave and keep adama Hwang or Guedes.....for his faults podence, which he does have he has contributed way more than the other 3........long term I would be prepared to let podence leave but not in January.....

I don't see how he plays regularly with the abundance of options we'd have and the style we're going to play. Whilst he has been the biggest contributor in terms of goals it doesn't say a great deal when we've been simply awful at creating chances, Cunha has provided more assists in his last 2 sub appearances than Podence has all season.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see how he plays regularly with the abundance of options we'd have and the style we're going to play. Whilst he has been the biggest contributor in terms of goals it doesn't say a great deal when we've been simply awful at creating chances, Cunha has provided more assists in his last 2 sub appearances than Podence has all season.
Just think he has done a lot more than the others ......he has been our only attacking threat all season, so far .......there is no way I would keep hwang over podence.

I agree podence is frustrating.......but he does have his moments.....hwang and guedes don't.......

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama definitely

Semedo if we get a replacement

I’d consider approaches for Raul, Guedes and Hwang depending on the incomings

Let Moutinho stay. Useful experienced squad player for the rest of the season and we won’t get a penny for him given his age. I’d personally like him to stay around the club in another capacity after this season

Doubt Guedes would go anywhere this month, as poor as he's been they won't give up on him that quickly.

Adama i'd keep as an explosive option off the bench. Raul I reckon/hope will get plenty if he keeps getting the service he did the other night

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Mine are,

I disagree on all three of those. Semedo is much better than Jonny who looks shot at right back. Moutinho at the end of the season maybe but I've liked him in the attacking role. Podence is one of our few forwards this season who scores.

For me it'd be Jonny, one of Raul/Costa, Hodge on loan.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just think he has done a lot more than the others ......he has been our only attacking threat all season, so far .......there is no way I would keep hwang over podence.

I agree podence is frustrating.......but he does have his moments.....hwang and guedes don't.......

He has, but like I say is his presence detrimental to the rest and the way we want to play? Must be so frustrating for our strikers to make runs and not get the ball because he's ran into someone again or tried to backheel or clip the pass rather than just playing it in front of them.

Hwang is frustrating too, but I think he fits what JL wants more than Podence does.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore, Jonny, Moutinho (end of season).

Hard to say for others, be interesting now to see after 5 months...see where their all at.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one this month with the exception of Guedes if Sarabia signs. Hodge for a loan as well if you count him as a first-teamer.

I stated on the other thread about the importance of subs and I think it's critical to pressing as often as Lopetegui wants.

For six months you can manage a big squad when it's all about survival.

In the summer there will be question marks over Podence who will have a year on his contract. Adama will be off. Moutinho as well. You'd listen to offers for Hwang.

For now though, it's all about staying up and we need a big squad to help us.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I disagree on all three of those. Semedo is much better than Jonny who looks shot at right back. Moutinho at the end of the season maybe but I've liked him in the attacking role. Podence is one of our few forwards this season who scores.

For me it'd be Jonny, one of Raul/Costa, Hodge on loan.

Jonny can operate in more roles, and is probably on less money. Semedo is not going to be back up to Spence or AWB and has more resale value, but that value will drop so time may be now to make something back on him even if we lose money overall.

Raul and Costa have to stay, we need striker options

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Get in the van; I'll drive you to the local Sunday league club:
Hwang, Guedes, A. Traore, Semedo, Jonny

You can make your own way to your new club:
Moutinho, Ronan, Raul

I'll let the tyres down on your Bentley but deep down know you'll have other means of leaving:
Neves :cry:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has, but like I say is his presence detrimental to the rest and the way we want to play? Must be so frustrating for our strikers to make runs and not get the ball because he's ran into someone again or tried to backheel or clip the pass rather than just playing it in front of them.

Hwang is frustrating too, but I think he fits what JL wants more than Podence does.
Hwang has played recently because podence was injured.......He has also offered very little......Podence half a game against villa and Everton performance was way above anything hwang has shown......

Long term I would get rid of both....but to me losing podence and keeping hwang is not good business in January......

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jonny can operate in more roles, and is probably on less money. Semedo is not going to be back up to Spence or AWB and has more resale value, but that value will drop so time may be now to make something back on him even if we lose money overall.

Raul and Costa have to stay, we need striker options
Operate is different to operating well. He can only play well as a left back and for me Beuno and RAN are better. I would hope we weould bring in a 9.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Can't see Moutinho going, he might not get a lot of game time now, but sure he's great to have around and won't be pushing to leave. We really seem to be upping the physicality and that leaves Podence (for all I do love his creativity) likely to go sometime (although he's been much improved under Lopetegui). Adama has one role in this team, pace on the counter late on, that's not enough to keep him, but whether he has any interest in moving now is another question. Semedo can't go anywhere unless we sign a replacement. Raul seems to be coming back a bit, I'd certainly hang onto him,but again if we sign a proper 9 then maybe he can move back across the Atlantic. Hwang improved but doesn't really offer enough.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho
Costa
Raul
Sarkic
Otto
Neves ( as won't sign extension)
Sasa
Adama
Semedo
Hwang
Mosquera

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Operate is different to operating well. He can only play well as a left back and for me Beuno and RAN are better. I would hope we weould bring in a 9.

True, not saying he's a better player. More that he can cover both positions and letting Semedo go for a home grown qualified replacement is acceptable to me

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang has played recently because podence was injured.......He has also offered very little......Podence half a game against villa and Everton performance was way above anything hwang has shown......

Long term I would get rid of both....but to me losing podence and keeping hwang is not good business in January......

Like with Jonny, i'm not saying Hwang is better than Podence, but he may be better suited to the role JL wants.

I think the realisation is that in all the time he's been here to the best of my knowledge theres never been any rumour of other clubs interested in him. I mean even Hwang had interest from a former boss who knows what he can/can't do. No one is seemingly ringing us up for Podence which says to me maybe other teams recognise he's not the creative force some here seem to think he is. He's been the somewhat attacking standout for an awful attacking team, but we are changing.

WeymouthWolf

Reaction score
Guedes
Jiminez, if CF signed
Costa
Semedo, if replaced
Otto, if replaced

To go in the Summer
Nunes
Neves
Moutinho
Sarkic

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not here next season:

Neves, sadly
Adama
Raul,
Costa
Guedes
Ronan
Sarkic
Jonny
Moutinho

Loan - Mosquera, Hodge

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo, Adama, Moutinho (awaits pelters) and Raul (if we get another striker).

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any of them can go and might go that's the way we work unfortunately .
Agreed. Provided we can get adequate replacements the only players I'm against departing at this point are Neves, Collins, Nunes and maybe Bueno. Everyone else is utterly replaceable.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends on what formation we are going to largely play.

Assuming we go 4 at the back our defence would be.
Centre backs
Kilman Toti Collins and another Experienced centre half.
Mosquera can go out somewhere on loan
Semedo Jonny Bueno Ait-Nouri.
I don't think Jonny has been as bad as people have made him out to be. Semedo has been semedo. Great at times until he ****s it up. Ait-Nouri is the only one I would be upset about going. I'm not convinced Bueno is all that defensively. I don't think Lembiska is quite ready.

Central midfield
if we have 3
Neves traore
Lemina Nunes
Joao and New Joao

Hodge doesn't quite look ready.
Harvey Griffiths in the u-21s i expect to see step up at some point, but might not be ready yet.
We should have enough there now.
If we have a 2 we probably have too many players!

Wingers
Podence
Traore
Neto
as well as
Ait-Nouri and one of the support strikers.

Support strikers
Cunha
Guedes
Hwang

Centre Forwards
Raul
Costa
Kaladjzic when fit
(Cunha)

Forwards we need an in. I don't see either Raul or Costa as a whole forward at the moment. I don't think either player can do more than 65 minutes. I would happily have Fabio Silva back. Or Antonio from West ham.

If it's 4-4-2 we are going for mostly it is probably worth keeping them all as the games are coming thick and fast and there are question marks over a few players fitness.

If it's a 4-3-3 then we can perhaps lose a few wingers/support forwards. Podence and guedes or hwang would be my choices.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’d quite like to see Hwang and Jiminez find new clubs this window

Next window Moutinho and Costa will (or should) retire, Adama will leave on a free and I’d happily let Semedo, Jonny and Podence move on.

Guedes likewise if he’s not settled/adapted to the PL

The squad will still look great!

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
If we are talking this window i can't say i concur with the OP.

Mouts should be a useful squad player for the remainder of the season, then he can eithed leave or retire with thanks or maybe move to backroom team

Podence, whilst frustrating at times, i feel has been one of our biggest threats and can play across the front line.

Semedo a more difficulf one. Not convinced of Jonny on the right, and unless we got a good replacement in (the best linked being AWB - which seems to have been quashed) or a good offer, i'd be unsure.

Those i would happily accept going:

Guedes - just too much doesn't seem right. Still hoping he will have a good second half of season but would not be fussed of he left. With the possible Sanabria coming in, Cunha already here, and Neto to come back, seems there is room for movement

Hwang - too many bad performances. Could understand keeping him if we dont bring in a striker as he may work in a 2, but overall think this window or next it would be best to say goodbye.

I think everyone else has a part to play intil the end of the season. The other asterisk being Adama and his contract situ

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are talking this window i can't say i concur with the OP.

Mouts should be a useful squad player for the remainder of the season, then he can eithed leave or retire with thanks or maybe move to backroom team

Podence, whilst frustrating at times, i feel has been one of our biggest threats and can play across the front line.

Semedo a more difficulf one. Not convinced of Jonny on the right, and unless we got a good replacement in (the best linked being AWB - which seems to have been quashed) or a good offer, i'd be unsure.

Those i would happily accept going:

Guedes - just too much doesn't seem right. Still hoping he will have a good second half of season but would not be fussed of he left. With the possible Sanabria coming in, Cunha already here, and Neto to come back, seems there is room for movement

Hwang - too many bad performances. Could understand keeping him if we dont bring in a striker as he may work in a 2, but overall think this window or next it would be best to say goodbye.

I think everyone else has a part to play intil the end of the season. The other asterisk being Adama and his contract situ

Moutinho will be behind Neves, Nunes, Lemina, Gomes, Boubacar for game time, we may as well keep Hodge around who can keep ticking over in the U21s and let Moutinho finish his career actually playing back home.

Podence has been one of our biggest threats, past tense, in a team that creates very little. It really doesn't say much. As I said earlier, Cunha has more assists in two sub appearances than Podence all season. He really isn't the creative force some think he is and once Neto is back, and Sarabia signed he's competing for a bench spot with Guedes, who we more recently signed for big money, and Adama who is more explosive and useful as a sub option to change a game. If they can get Mendes to find someone to take him off us for anything around what we paid it'll be good business

fleck1

Reaction score
Moutinho will be behind Neves, Nunes, Lemina, Gomes, Boubacar for game time, we may as well keep Hodge around who can keep ticking over in the U21s and let Moutinho finish his career actually playing back home.

Podence has been one of our biggest threats, past tense, in a team that creates very little. It really doesn't say much. As I said earlier, Cunha has more assists in two sub appearances than Podence all season. He really isn't the creative force some think he is and once Neto is back, and Sarabia signed he's competing for a bench spot with Guedes, who we more recently signed for big money, and Adama who is more explosive and useful as a sub option to change a game. If they can get Mendes to find someone to take him off us for anything around what we paid it'll be good business
Interesting the hype around Boubacar, couple of bright showings but a good chunk of his time here has either been out of the squad, on the bench or injured. Wouldn't be surprised if the option wasn't taken up on him.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The "YES PLEASE" group;

Adama: Scored less goals than Dendoncker in the Premier League with more minutes. Has lost half a step as well which is 90% of his game.

Moutinho: Been much better under Lopetegui. But he's still aging and for some reason takes all of our set pieces if he's on the pitch. He's also very short in a team full of shorter players.

The "MAYBE" group;

Podence: This one is iffy. Some nights he's the best player on the pitch. But it's usually followed by disappearing spells where you see absolutely nothing. However, his work ethic has improved since Julen came on board. I would probably give him some more time with Lopetegui to see if he can get the GOOD Podence to show up more often.

Costa: He seems like he's good for team spirit and no one is buying him right now. I'd keep him for the season, but wouldn't bring him back as a player next year. If he wants to be involved at Wolves in some other fashion, I'd welcome him with open arms.

Raul: I don't think he's the same player as he once was. I wouldn't sell him unless we bring in a replacement though. However, I'm hoping we have different opens next year, including Fabio.

Semedo: I don't hate on Semedo as much as many here. I think he's a quality player. However, I like the style of Bueno (and to a lesser extent) RAN more. So I would prefer a right back more in their mold.

Jonny: Again, I think he's improved under Lopetegui, but he's still made some really bad errors. He's also another player who is extremely short on a team that can't win headers.

Guedes: There's a player in there somewhere. But I'm not sure if it's confidence or he can't physically handle the Premier League. But aside from a few spurts, he's just not looked the part.

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Semedo - can’t defend offers nothing whatsoever going forward ( name a goal or assist by him )
Hwang - hopefully Leeds will come in for him as the guy works hard
Diego Costa - no assists or goals seems to be way past his best

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one this month with the exception of Guedes if Sarabia signs. Hodge for a loan as well if you count him as a first-teamer.

I stated on the other thread about the importance of subs and I think it's critical to pressing as often as Lopetegui wants.

For six months you can manage a big squad when it's all about survival.

In the summer there will be question marks over Podence who will have a year on his contract. Adama will be off. Moutinho as well. You'd listen to offers for Hwang.

For now though, it's all about staying up and we need a big squad to help us.
Agreed 5 months do whatever to stay up then with JL having 2 years, he can evaluate in summer ready for the top 6 push !!

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting the hype around Boubacar, couple of bright showings but a good chunk of his time here has either been out of the squad, on the bench or injured. Wouldn't be surprised if the option wasn't taken up on him.

It already has been hasn't it?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
podence and hwang will need to be evaluated,

with neto and chiquinho in the wings, with sarabia now joining

I think Sasa is in trouble lad may never actually play a full 90 for wolves.

Back
Top Bottom