Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Player of the season

Dragonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Havent we normally had an email to vote by now?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
He may move on after the season ends, but I think Ruben Neves deserves this award.
Grateful as I have been for the contributions of Dawson and Lemina, to vote for anyone but Neves would be mad. (Also of course another tiny but on the side of the scales tipping towards keeping him!)

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Grateful as I have been for the contributions of Dawson and Lemina, to vote for anyone but Neves would be mad. (Also of course another tiny but on the side of the scales tipping towards keeping him!)

Neves has been excellent for us for the entire season. Nobody else has. That's why he wins it.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves has been excellent for us for the entire season. Nobody else has. That's why he wins it.

Debatable ….. he has gone missing in games ( the ones he’s played) along with his teammates.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Debatable ….. he has gone missing in games ( the ones he’s played) along with his teammates.

I don't think it's debatable at all. I can't think of a single game I could accuse him of going missing in. Over the 35 games so far. He's had off days. Every player on the planet has them, but he's never lacked the effort.

He's clearly been our most consistent and best performer. It's not even an argument this is the case. Even in some of our worst displays he's been head and shoulders above everyone else. There simply isn't another contender for our player of the season. The only 2 who have been close to his level are Lemina and Dawson ( who have also had off days ) but they have only played 13 or 14 games anyway. If people like it or not, that's just not enough games to put them on a par with Neves over a season.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think it's debatable at all. I can't think of a single game I could accuse him of going missing in. Over the 35 games so far. He's had off days. Every player on the planet has them, but he's never lacked the effort.

He's clearly been our most consistent and best performer. It's not even an argument this is the case. Even in some of our worst displays he's been head and shoulders above everyone else. There simply isn't another contender for our player of the season. The only 2 who have been close to his level are Lemina and Dawson ( who have also had off days ) but they have only played 13 or 14 games anyway. If people like it or not, that's just not enough games to put them on a par with Neves over a season.
All opinions, no doubt if this is the end of Neves at Wolves then the POTS is the only way to finish things off, however without Dawson and Lemina we would have been in the championship weeks ago.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All opinions, no doubt if this is the end of Neves at Wolves then the POTS is the only way to finish things off, however without Dawson and Lemina we would have been in the championship weeks ago.
Without Neves we would have been worse off to begin with. You don't win a player of the season award based on half a seasons work

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves 100 %.

Acknowledging the immense contributions of Dawson and Lemina since Christmas, but Ruben has been a rock for the entire season and never gave anything less than 100%.

“I love this club” has been writ large in his every performance !!!

How privileged were we to see him in the Old Gold for as long as we have!

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has to be Ruben all day. What that bloke has done for us this season is not to be overlooked

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I absolutely respect Dawson and Lemina. However, had we not had Ruben we wouldn't have even got the 10 points which we had when JL took over. He literally held us together.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has to be Neves, with honourable mentions for Dawson and Lemina although as good and as pivotal to our season as they have been, the main reason we picked up any points in the early part of the season was Ruben - we'd have been bottom with zero points without him

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why isn’t this a poll? We seem to have polls for some of the most pointless subjects but not this??

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I absolutely respect Dawson and Lemina. However, had we not had Ruben we wouldn't have even got the 10 points which we had when JL took over. He literally held us together.
Had we have signed Lemina and Dawson at the start of the season, even with Lage we would have returned more than 10 points.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Had we have signed Lemina and Dawson at the start of the season, even with Lage we would have returned more than 10 points.
Yeah but we hadn’t. Player of the season for me is Neves as he was here for the full season so for that basis I think he shades it. Plus it’s probably his last season and I’m a sentimental old git.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah but we hadn’t. Player of the season for me is Neves as he was here for the full season so for that basis I think he shades it. Plus it’s probably his last season and I’m a sentimental old git.
Hopefully it becomes clear soon if it is the end of an era, or the start of a new journey, and we can all let him know how grateful we are for his service, also an old git but maybe less sentimental.

Back
Top Bottom