Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

PL Managerial Sackings 23/24

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like our win v Bournemouth on Saturday, will see The Cherries act and dismiss Andoni Iraola according to the Mail.

Over 2 months in for the first sacking is a lengthy wait, but I suspect they’ll soon fall like 9-pins.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1 players madness could cost him his job and kept one in for a longer period - If they had 11 men on the pitch i think it would have been a draw or possible win for Bournemouth.
They've had the hardest run of fixtures it's been said so the board 'should' give him some time extra (same with GON even though I didn't want him as our Manager).
Problem is the £££ to stay in cause panic after 6/10 games.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1 players madness could cost him his job and kept one in for a longer period - If they had 11 men on the pitch i think it would have been a draw or possible win for Bournemouth.
They've had the hardest run of fixtures it's been said so the board 'should' give him some time extra (same with GON even though I didn't want him as our Manager).
Gotta be honest, I didn't think they were up to much even in the first half, and that we could have easily still won that 11 vs 11. Their fixtures have been about as tough as ours and we entered the season with far more upheaval?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I don’t think Bournemouth would have won even with eleven men
Plus it’s the previous 8 games not just that one.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our run has been just as hard and we've got eight more points.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's total madness. His team were clinging on. They look awful in the middle. The players look desperately unhappy. He looks like he's cracking at the seams.

I don't know why he took on a project with such flagrantly poor operators, but that team was built by imbeciles and they are going nowhere good. FFP problems incoming too by the way...

They might beat the drop because only one of the recently promoted sides is even kind of trying to stay up (tbf burnley are trying they are just terrible), but that project is on life support if not dead.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Genuinely can't believe Bournemouth have spent £200 million on players in the past 18 months and brought £0 in. They're ****e. And I thought we were a bit daft with our spending
Bournemouth would kill for any of Lemina, Gomes, or Traore. All three are a lot better than anyone they have in the middle defensively (maybe Adams is competitive with them once he gets fit, idk..Scott won't be this season imo).

And Doyle picked them apart.

They also have zero CBs as good as Dawson or Kilman.

So many wingers though.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I think he's probably a good manager and is used to playing a certain system and set of tactics that has served him well. He's one of those managers who has a style and won't drop it. However, don't think he has the right players to play the way he wants. If he's going to stick to his guns the players will either have to miraculously change or they are going to sink like a stone. He's just not a pragmatic manager from what I have seen and heard. Maybe the return from injury of Scott will help, along with a number of other players they have out, or maybe they will spend big in January. Personally I can only see them sinking and they will just have to hope they can outpace Sheff United, Burnley and Luton.

roystonwolf

Reaction score
Hopefully he picks up a point or two in next few games to keep him in the role.

I still think we’ll be in the relegation mix over the course of the season, so need as many of the bottom teams looking as weak as possible.
I'd also settle for him getting the sack, but then getting replaced by Nathan Jones.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think he's probably a good manager and is used to playing a certain system and set of tactics that has served him well. He's one of those managers who has a style and won't drop it. However, don't think he has the right players to play the way he wants. If he's going to stick to his guns the players will either have to miraculously change or they are going to sink like a stone. He's just not a pragmatic manager from what I have seen and heard. Maybe the return from injury of Scott will help, along with a number of other players they have out, or maybe they will spend big in January. Personally I can only see them sinking and they will just have to hope they can outpace Sheff United, Burnley and Luton.
They need outgoings before they can spend any more. Playing in a shoebox doesn't help...but they have also screwed up team construction very badly.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think we looked distinctly better than Bournemouth all over the pitch, even when a goal behind, when it was 11 v 11 . Factoring in Doc filling in while injured and noticably struggling to move.

Also, seen it reported several times that we had the hardest opening 8 matches, based on opponents finishing positions last season. Bournemouth have snatched failure from the jaws of success and it's one of those where those at the very top should be challenged for their poor decision making. But they won't be, they'll sack the manager, who will then probably do OK at another half-decent Spanish/Portugese club with a better pedigree than Bournemouth , who have spent most of my lifetime at 3rd level and lower.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Genuinely can't believe Bournemouth have spent £200 million on players in the past 18 months and brought £0 in. They're ****e. And I thought we were a bit daft with our spending
They’ve spent a lot on young players with potential. Which is great if they’re joining a strong experienced squad. When they’re basically there to fill the starting XI you’re in trouble. Like Southampton last year.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A friend of mine supports Sheffield United and he said that Paul Heckingbottom is on borrowed time. There is talk of Chris Wilder returning to Bramall Lane.
Don't love this. Wolves playing a team either fighting for their manager's job or with the dreaded new manager bounce.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like our win v Bournemouth on Saturday, will see The Cherries act and dismiss Andoni Iraola according to the Mail.

Over 2 months in for the first sacking is a lengthy wait, but I suspect they’ll soon fall like 9-pins.

Traditionally November is always the start of sacking season. 10 games or so is enough to see how a teams season is going to go and owners aren't going to mess around if they think it's going to go bad.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bournemouth vs Burnley is such a big game on Saturday, already at this relatively early stage of the season. Both sets of fans starting to turn on their respective managers. Kompany probably has a bit more credit in the bank.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Replacing Iraola won't help them much, and I think it's their best chance of staying up.
They always had a tough start too and at least 25 million of the money they spent has only just got fit to play(they knew that would be the case when they spent it)
Problem with Bournemouth is their squad isn't very good and on top of that it isn't exactly a tough ground to play at. I think they will struggle to get better than what they have now.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bournemouth vs Burnley is such a big game on Saturday, already at this relatively early stage of the season. Both sets of fans starting to turn on their respective managers. Kompany probably has a bit more credit in the bank.
Burnley are toothless....but my goodness Bournemouth with Cook suspended are so light in midfield. I don't know what Iraola is going to do about that....Scott is not ready to be a main anchor between fitness and getting to grips with the league.

Kompany needs to show something....he has far fewer excuses than Iraola for me. Bournemouth have had a horror fixture list and their injury problems plus team construction are not nice.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shame, he seems a really good guy and he’s done a great job there.

He has, but one point from nine games has got those in charge worried. Their next game is at Arsenal, so it could be one point from ten games. Then guess who the Blades have after that…

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has, but one point from nine games has got those in charge worried. Their next game is at Arsenal, so it could be one point from ten games. Then guess who the Blades have after that…
The Wolves way dictates a win against unbeaten spurs and a loss against yet to win Sheffield United.
And 1-1 against Newcastle.

Yorkshire Wolf

Reaction score
Gotta be honest, I didn't think they were up to much even in the first half, and that we could have easily still won that 11 vs 11. Their fixtures have been about as tough as ours and we entered the season with far more upheaval?
Don’t forget the classic “we lost all our best players” too

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always 1-1….although I’d be happy enough this year.
Agree.
Newcastle is potentially a harder match than against Citeh, where we basically had nothing to lose in most people's eyes. Newcastle are flying and in better form than City and scoring goals for fun.
I'd be over the moon with a sneaky win, but take a point now to continue our mini revival.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sheffield United to sack last year's successful manager for being unsuccessful after a lack of financial investment, and to replace him with Chris Wilder, their previous successful manager who was sacked for being unsuccessful after a lack of financial investment. Football in microcosm.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom