Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

PL game on April 6th cancelled

D

Deleted member 3518

If not us in semi-final, could it be re-arranged game with Arsenal?

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That could be a very dull weekend thinking what if..... hopefully that’s for united fans and not us.

W

wolvesultra

Means that both the Arsenal and Man Utd home games will be midweek games I think.
Yep and April looking to be congested.

Now they know the Utd league game will be rearranged can they not look at rearranging it for earlier rather than later?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

Now they know the Utd league game will be rearranged can they not look at rearranging it for earlier rather than later?
Bring it forward maybe? Dunno how that would work for ticketing and that would maybe need to be on sale by now. Good thinking though

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will now see the benefit of putting a few points on the board before this April congestion. With quite a small squad to pick from , it will be a tough month to keep " at it"

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
This isn’t a moan, more stating a fact of life of playing in The Premier League but as it stands we could complete the season only having played a maximum of six home league games on a Saturday at 3:00pm.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
This isn’t a moan, more stating a fact of life of playing in The Premier League but as it stands we could complete the season only having played a maximum of six home league games on a Saturday at 3:00pm.
6 out of 19, ouch!

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a STH living in London and working quite long hours, midweek home games are so so difficult to get to. 2019 has been an absolute nightmare so far, and looks set to continue to be!

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Myself and my family had planned a lovely weekend in the UK built around the league match on April 6th. Flights booked and accommodation booked ..... I never factored in that it was a Cup weekend..... doh!

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Possible Everton and City rearranged this week's fixture to the Tuesday after we played them.

loopy lupine

Reaction score
As a STH living in London and working quite long hours, midweek home games are so so difficult to get to. 2019 has been an absolute nightmare so far, and looks set to continue to be!
I feel your pain but at least you've got a decent train service... try driving the M6 at 5pm!!!

D

deswulf

Myself and my family had planned a lovely weekend in the UK built around the league match on April 6th. Flights booked and accommodation booked ..... I never factored in that it was a Cup weekend..... doh!

Yep, same issue. I'll be maintaining my recent season's record of less than 50% of home games ... putting my season ticket to good use since 2001

D

Deleted member 6754 (removed at own request)

Bring it forward maybe? Dunno how that would work for ticketing and that would maybe need to be on sale by now. Good thinking though

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I don't think you can bring forward a game ahead of it's gameweek under current rules, so it would have to be rearranged for afterwards?

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I don't think you can bring forward a game ahead of it's gameweek under current rules, so it would have to be rearranged for afterwards?

As already mentioned Everton vs Man City was played ahead of its scheduled date (was meant to be this weekend but City have the League Cup Final) so it must be possible.

Due to the different amount of games some teams need to reschedule, it could end up being that the order of our opponents switches and we end up playing the rescheduled game vs Man Utd before the rescheduled game vs Arsenal.

It can be said with some certainty that we will be playing one of those in the midweek of April Tues 2nd/Wed 3rd (perhaps even Thurs 4 as Arsenal play Monday 1st). The other rescheduled game would likely come either on the midweek before the penultimate match or the midweek before the very final match.

The PL will probably wait until at least Friday to see whether Arsenal even have a European campaign to pursue before decisions are taken. The TV fixtures for April are also due to be announced then.

Back
Top Bottom