Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Phil Ofosu-Ayeh

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess the important thing is this guy is definitely a RB so no more need for square pegs (Coady, Saville) in round holes hopefully.
OK so we haven't yet had that "marquee" signing and in truth I doubt we are going to get one. As long as Bennett and Ayeh provide quality to my team, I'm not overly bothered whether it was as a result of Thelwell's dossiers or Mendes' recommendation.

The time I do become bothered is the when it is clear these players aren't up to the job at hand and join Gladon in the culinary tour of the West Midlands.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The official site says he's played 20 games in 2 years?

Is this guy injury prone? If so what the hell are we playing at?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
343?
Ikeme
Miranda - Batth - Hause
Ofosu-Ayeh - NEW - Saiss - Doherty
Costa - NEW - Graham​

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score

Food for thought.. I shall just hand the microphone over to our Sporting Director.. Kevin?

D

Deleted member 4008

Time will tell if he will be good enough but let's hope so. I know he is unproven in the championship and England and I don't think this signing will scare many teams in the championship. I just hope we get a striker like Jerome Who we know will he at least 15 goals hopefully more. Then teams know you have a threat of your striker , Costa if he stays , Cav any the number 10.

At the moment defenders must be getting deck chairs out when they see Bod or Dicko listed to start.

D

Deleted member 5962

I guess the important thing is this guy is definitely a RB so no more need for square pegs (Coady, Saville) in round holes hopefully.
OK so we haven't yet had that "marquee" signing and in truth I doubt we are going to get one. As long as Bennett and Ayeh provide quality to my team, I'm not overly bothered whether it was as a result of Thelwell's dossiers or Mendes' recommendation.

The time I do become bothered is the when it is clear these players aren't up to the job at hand and join Gladon in the culinary tour of the West Midlands.

Well, seen as Heracles only seem to want Gladon back if they can get him for free/ practically nothing as they know we dont want him, we might be seeng Gladon show up in a few more restaurants yet, who knows, maybe he will have some company like you said? xD

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
OK, he come to Wolves on a free transfer, not too much to lose, so hopefully, it will work out well.

He speaks good English, aged 25, and has played for a good standard club in Braunschweig who were recently in the Bundesliga.

toncas10

Reaction score
If we don't sing Phil Ofusu-Ayeh to the tune of Ed Sheeran's "Bibia Bi Ye-Ye" we're missing a trick

D

Deleted member 5242

I few errors and wrong stats there but I get your point, it's the same with Mason Holgate and Joe Gomez they are cbs. Playing for England rb has no relevance, Dier, Keane and Stones all did it consistently.

Using Wolves managerial Dinosaurs such as Kenny Jackett and Lambert who play people like Saville and Coady full backs is not an indication of his position.It just highlights the problem in our coaching and rigidity.
Notice a foreign Italian manager in Zenga played Iorfa as cb mostly.
I highly doubt Nuno will look at Iorfa and see him as a rb or any foreign manager.

Any ways back on topic well come Ofosu Ayeh!

:D:D:D:D:D that's the first time Zenga has been used as a beacon of managerial excellence for a while

I would love to know where you get these facts and stats from....When Zenga played Iorfa as a CB he brought in Coady at right back. And Iorfa played as many games at RB as he did at CB for Zenga.

.....and Dier, Keane and Stones really didnt all play RB for England consistently at all. Dier for one has never played RB for England at any level, and Keane almost always played as a CB.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We do love injury prone players.

No idea what he's like, but things are not looking good for Coady.

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
Another one filed in the "un-inspiring mediocre players that will sit on decent money till we find another club stupid enough to take them off our hands" cabinet.

My favourite bit in the catologue of mediocrity you can find online for him...

"When I was made aware that there was interest from Wolves, I was very happy because I was injured"

O

OldWolvesfart

Has he recovered from his knee problem he was out from 23rd April until end of May and their season for Braunschweig . Plus he had Achilles problems in 2016/17 and 2015/16. But as a free maybe its worth the risk?

MolineuxMixer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I thinks that is why KT is quoted as saying "He's a player that we've watched for some time"

Why is it that most players that we sign come with a tag saying 'Injury / Injured'?

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Could work, but I'd go with.....

NEW
Bennett - Miranda - Hause
Ofosu-Ayeh - NEW - Saiss - NEW
Costa - NEW - Graham/Cav​

Seems to be the formation in vogue at the moment. I thinkwe'll still line of 4-2-3-1 but I like your thinking. Ronan to play alongside Saiss and I think we'll end up buying a more dynamic midfielder than that.

The two most important players in all of that are a new centre forward and new left wing back as we will need a left footed wing back as you can play an inverted wing back in that system it would leave gaping holes down the left side.

I'm not sold on a new GK as I think Ruddy will be number 1 over Ikeme. But that does mean we need three absolutely quality players to come in (maybe on loan first like Costa was).

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has he recovered from his knee problem he was out from 23rd April until end of May and their season for Braunschweig . Plus he had Achilles problems in 2016/17 and 2015/16. But as a free maybe its worth the risk?

Jesus. We never learn do we?

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
We're also in the mix for Ralf Little and Rod Stewart. Both of who have amazing highlights packages on youtube.

D

Deleted member 5962

Got to love people writing him off before they've even seen him play :D

To be completely fair, in this day and age, where every players performance stats can be easily accessed and easily compared to other players in the same position over any period you wish, the whole " you have to have physically seen him play" argument doesn't hold too much weight anymore, hell, professionals and teams are using stats gained via such mediums regularly, so why can fans not use them to have opinions?

M

merseawolf

You really think Graham has the defensive chops to play as a wing-back?
I think Victor Moses has proved that with top coaching an out and out winger can be converted to a player capable of playing as a wing back. Saiss would be the key for me though. I think he would be able to cover in behind Graham. I would love us to at least try it. Really give the opposition something to fear about coming to Molineux and frighten them with our attacking power

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be completely fair, in this day and age, where every players performance stats can be easily accessed and easily compared to other players in the same position over any period you wish, the whole " you have to have physically seen him play" argument doesn't hold too much weight anymore, hell, professionals and teams are using stats gained via such mediums regularly, so why can fans not use them to have opinions?

Opinions sure and it can shape expectations but I wouldn't immediately write him off before he's played for us.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The clue is in '20 games in 2 years'

How many games has Graham played in 2 years........?

If he turns out to be injury prone then that's a valid criticism but I'd rather give him a chance first and see what happens. We have a CDM at RB currently, I'll be surprised if he's not any better than Coady.

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Stats are a poor medium to judge any player on. There is no substitute for seeing any player and better still seeing a player live. Any serious transfer from any club (see Gladon for not being serious) will have seen the player watched at least a half a dozen times and most of those will have been in the flesh. I know Man Utd spend £100K on one scout per year in the Netherlands, Belgium and Denmark just watching players and games.

D

Deleted member 5962

I think Victor Moses has proved that with top coaching an out and out winger can be converted to a player capable of playing as a wing back. Saiss would be the key for me though. I think he would be able to cover in behind Graham. I would love us to at least try it. Really give the opposition something to fear about coming to Molineux and frighten them with our attacking power

Moses is significantly larger in build than Graham though, I dont know if i'm old fashioned in the belief that defenders need to be of a larger build than attacking players though.

Stats are a poor medium to judge any player on. There is no substitute for seeing any player and better still seeing a player live. Any serious transfer from any club (see Gladon for not being serious) will have seen the player watched at least a half a dozen times and most of those will have been in the flesh. I know Man Utd spend £100K on one scout per year in the Netherlands, Belgium and Denmark just watching players and games.

I dont disagree that seeing a player is an important tool, but I merely wished to say that there is enough information available on players for people to gain a valid general idea of their capabilities without having to watch them, so to dismiss everyones opinions as invalid as they havent watched a player is a bit extreme.

T

turner845

:D:D:D:D:D that's the first time Zenga has been used as a beacon of managerial excellence for a while

I would love to know where you get these facts and stats from....When Zenga played Iorfa as a CB he brought in Coady at right back. And Iorfa played as many games at RB as he did at CB for Zenga.

.....and Dier, Keane and Stones really didnt all play RB for England consistently at all. Dier for one has never played RB for England at any level, and Keane almost always played as a CB.

Whilst I don't follow England U21s that much I do remember both Keane and Dier playing at right back in he same game against Croatia U21s. I only remember this because it was the home leg of the play-off game which so happened to be at Molineux. Keane played right back in he first half before being replaced by Dier at half time.

M

merseawolf

Moses is significantly larger in build than Graham though, I dont know if i'm old fashioned in the belief that defenders need to be of a larger build than attacking players though.
Yeah old fashioned its not a contact sport anymore:D:D

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Philip Lahm wasn't very big nor was Cashley. I think it's a myth.

T

TacticalWolf88

thats the point I made:rolleyes::rolleyes:..

Check yourself, also notice the quality and style of play of the opposition Iorfa played cb against this season (the better technical teams ie Huddersfield, Norwich,Reading,Newcastle, Brentford, ) I don't need to spoon feed you:D

Again have a check I have seen both Stones and Keane live playing rb for England u21 on numerous occasions. Stones made his England national team debut at rightback and all his profesional games for Barnsley where at rb. Same as Chambers funnily enough. Dier is noted in the press saying he doesn't want to play rb again, little research is not hard my friend;)

what all these players have in common is they all recieved initial recognition playing cb from young if Iorfa wasn't a cb he wouldn't be playing for Wolves and even of had an opportunity to play rb.

D

Deleted member 5962

Philip Lahm wasn't very big nor was Cashley. I think it's a myth.

Fair point, I guess its just a matter of preference in those positions, though I freely admit a tactically astute fullback like lahm is a great example of how smaller guys can excel in those roles.

Back
Top Bottom