Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Petition to stop VAR

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Who wants this?

I would rather on field decisions be wrong than this. Even after all that line drawing, for me it’s neither a pen or offside.

As it’s been said a thousand times, the game has survived this long because of singular moments of ecstasy. It’s a low scoring, contact sport. Take those elements away and there’s nothing left.

****ing boring.
It’s a complete **** show. Utter ****ing nonsense :mad:.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

Who wants this?

I would rather on field decisions be wrong than this. Even after all that line drawing, for me it’s neither a pen or offside.

As it’s been said a thousand times, the game has survived this long because of singular moments of ecstasy. It’s a low scoring, contact sport. Take those elements away and there’s nothing left.

****ing boring.
This is why they don’t want to release the audio. Because if every decision is like this, it will show them up for the disorganised rabble they are. What absolute nonsense that is. So many voices talking about so many different things all at once.

WinchWolf

Reaction score

Who wants this?

****ing boring.
The offside was so close they should have just given the goal, as soon as they said that it was extremely tight they should have just said goal. I have always been in the bin it camp. I hate it with a passion.

loppers86

Reaction score

Who wants this?

****ing boring.
I don’t watch games that don’t involve wolves in the premier league - so every time i see a var error i get wound up.

watching that without the emotion is incredible.

i just don’t know how anyone at all could think that 6 minute analysis of a 10 second passage of play is anything short of disastrous for the game. There are hundreds of clips of this sort of rubbish already and it seems to be getting more frequent and more outlandish every week.

Words can’t describe it, it’s ludicrous- whatever happened to clear and obvious and not refereeing the game?

i think fans gave it the benefit of the doubt for a while, but it’s now got so ridiculous that pretty much everyone is starting to realise how bad it is.

I’m not going to any more games with VAR and I’m not watching on TV either. I refuse to pay for football on TV if this is the sort of think my money ends up supporting.

Actually, now i come to think of it - that’s the protest - if everyone cancels sky and bt sport citing VAR then it would soon disappear.

molineux here I come!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The offside was so close they should have just given the goal, as soon as they said that it was extremely tight they should have just said goal

Agree with this 100%

I thought this coverage is fascinating as it shows VAR actually working! It sounds somewhat disorganised, but how else could it be? These are 3 very tight incidents. For 50 years now, we've seen TV pundits spend several minutes watching and debating such decisions. And still they can't agree! I just don't see how it is possible to get decisions quickly by watching the video. The speed of line drawing and getting the correct frames was actually quite fast.

And as for "VAR will not referee the game", that clip disproves that. The VAR people sound in control. The ref is waiting for their final decision. "Wait Oli, we've got a few checks make..the offside is really tight so YOU have to wait... ". On field ref and assistants clearly don't count, then. If it's that tight, it should be a goal , it's that simple. For those who say offside is fine for VAR as it either is or isnt - did you see that the ball has moved several inches between the 2 consecutive frames? And is it worth taking this long to check that someone isn't offside by a few millimeters?

The point is that this will always be the cost of trying to be 100% sure the on field ref has got it right. All this effort, time and money , just to get a few decisions correct to the millimetre. And the punchline is that even VAR still can't get a consensus on subjective decisions anyway.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

Who wants this?

****ing boring.
They don't have a scooby about in which frame the pass was actually made. "Frame 2? Frame 3? Let's go with frame two." Total and utter guess work.

surreywolf

Reaction score
They don't have a scooby about in which frame the pass was actually made. "Frame 2? Frame 3? Let's go with frame two." Total and utter guess work.
Absolutely

I don’t have it to hand but a cov city fan posted a screengrab of their disallowed goal against Man U, showing the very last moment when the ball left OHare foot

It clearly showed Wan Bissaka had run past the ‘offside’ Cov player and simply because VAR had gone with one frame not the next, one of the greatest football comebacks was cancelled

I can’t understand why more people aren’t protesting, it’s terrible

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Reckless follow-through" ????? The defender gets the ball cleanly and his momentum takes him into the attacker, unavoidable. So he gives a penalty and a red card -- utter *******s. It's a contact sport played at speed. There was no recklessness, just momentum, and no intent, just part of the game. Incompetent clowns who have obviously never played football.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Who wants this?

****ing boring.

Exactly, they're not even being deliberately obtuse about anything just trying their best to come to the correct decision but the amount of time it takes, the fact that both decisions should have gone the other way, and what it does to the spirit and essence of the game, there can be no justification for the continued use of VAR.....it will kill Football dead

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Reckless follow-through" ????? The defender gets the ball cleanly and his momentum takes him into the attacker, unavoidable. So he gives a penalty and a red card -- utter *******s. It's a contact sport played at speed. There was no recklessness, just momentum, and no intent, just part of the game. Incompetent clowns who have obviously never played football.

Yes, I thought that too. That one incident could have the experts sat round a table for 10 minutes while still not getting any consensus.

And the irony is that every single second of that VAR shambles is totally irrelevant because it's a goal. The offside is so marginal, who cares? No way was the point of the offside rule to prevent goals like that. Which makes the penalty incidents irrelevant too.

Presumably, pre-VAR, that would have been given - because assistant refs (rightly) gave benefit of the doubt to the attacker and that 5 minutes of VAR time wasting would never have happened. Surprised no players are mentioning the loss of momentum in a game when many matches have 3+ minute VAR delays.

Again, not sure I made it clear, but I think the nature of football is that these are subjective decisions and I don't know how else they could be. If you had as good as humanly possible referee in that VAR room, he is still going to be asking for replays from different angles, he still can't be sure of intent, he is still going to be mulling over which way a close decision should go. It's the nature of it. And he is still going to find that others will disagree with his decision.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to try to build a campaign. Get involved on social media; contact everyone, repeatedly; message other fans forums. Sing It's not football anymore when var intervenes. Let's give it a go.
I nominate you to be the leader………it’s going to need one.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Who wants this?

****ing boring.
And meanwhile these nerds think they are doing a good job by surgically going through this ****.
They are not advising the ref they are telling the ref what to do. Bin off these idiots.
Clear and obvious my ****. Just a bunch of ****ers on a power trip.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen Burnley’s penalty awarded today for a foul by Yaniteds goalkeeper, Onana.

Absolute carbon copy of the Onana foul on Sasa in our first game of the season. I beg anybody to differ and we know what happened after that game with the apology from PGMOL.

That just proves the futility of VAR imo.

A petition to stop VAR would be great, but why not have placards held up by fans at every match instead? That would certainly bring it to the attention the Premier League bigwigs, wouldn’t it.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Who wants this?

****ing boring.

Wow, a little bit lost for words after watching that. What an absolute ****ing mess. First off, why bother checking the offside if the foul precedes it? But more importantly, does every decision have to go over every part of the bloody games. I thought the initial point was to clear up clear and obvious error? Drawing lines and watching frames again and again isn't clear and obvious is it?

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we scored today I found our response with the build up to kicking the game off again was more effective than anything a petition would achieve. Imagine something like that on a grander scale in front of the camera's.

Bigcheese

Reaction score
Just seen Burnley’s penalty awarded today for a foul by Yaniteds goalkeeper, Onana.

Absolute carbon copy of the Onana foul on Sasa in our first game of the season. I beg anybody to differ and we know what happened after that game with the apology from PGMOL.

A petition to stop VAR would be great, but why not have placards held up by fans at every match instead? That would certainly bring it to the attention the Premier League bigwigs, wouldn’t it.
Why not do both?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

To be fair, two wrongs don't make a right.

They ****ed up against us (surprise surprise) but as you say today was the exact same incident but pleasingly they got it correct.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, two wrongs don't make a right.

They ****ed up against us (surprise surprise) but as you say today was the exact same incident but pleasingly they got it correct.
It shouldn’t be like that though, should it. Are you saying the decision against us was wrong and the decision for Burnley was right, or vice versa?

VAR (I thought) was introduced to introduce fairness and consistency. The decision for Burnley today totally disproves that.

How can it be trusted?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It shouldn’t be like that though, should it. Are you saying the decision against us was wrong and the decision for Burnley was right, or vice versa?

VAR (I thought) was introduced to introduce fairness and consistency. The decision for Burnley today totally disproves that.

How can it be trusted?
I'm saying the decision against us was wrong. It was a clear penalty.

Just because they got that one wrong, doesn't mean they should get another wrong.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
See they gave Burnley a pen today against United. Exactly the same scenario as Onana on Sasa!
View attachment 42324
It was mentioned on Soccer Saturday on Sky this afternoon.

Mike Dean was asked why a penalty was given to Burnley and not to us. He said because the officials made a right ricket in our match.

Yes, Mike ******* Dean actually stuck up for us!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Mike Dean was asked why a penalty was given to Burnley and not to us. He said because the officials made a right ricket in our match.

Did they ask him about the pogba foul on Neves?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

One of many right rickets in our matches this season. Funny how they almost always go against us rather than for us…

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

100%. I was watching MoTD and I couldn't believe what I saw. Onana charges out and polaxes the opposition player with his flailing elbow, getting nowhere near the ball and it's immediately and correctly given as a penalty. Exactly what he did to Shasa on the opening day of the season, even in the same minute of the game, about a minute from FT. Not given in our case. The inconsistency is absolutely staggering. **** VAR and **** these utterly clueless referees.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
MOTD pundits not happy with VAR again after the Villa Chelsea game. “Get rid of it” says Ian Wright. Meanwhile Neville and Carragher will keep sticking up for their mate Webb.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That penalty had me fuming. Yes , I’m glad it went against United, but the incident with Sasa was identical.

Difference is that the referee went to the monitor

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What planet do you live on? Keep digging...
Eh?

This isn't really relevant to VAR.

What do you want from this? Wolves were cheated, so Burnley should be cheated as well.

That's not how it works. They made a mistake by not giving us a penalty. They apologised. They didn't make that mistake again when basically the same incident happened, which is good.

Back
Top Bottom