Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Peter Bosz

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Brighton CEO was interviewed on Sky the other guy. They have lists of potential head coaches who all play in the style they want to. I get the impression our lot dont.

I think you're right..
According to Birmingham Mails portrait of Sellars the other day, he was given the role as technical director because Shi trusted him and because he was able to make the academy run financially stable
Nothing about having a good network, or being able to implement an overall strategy and vision for the senior team. Nothing about experience in succesful succesion planning of managers and teams.
It's a mess really.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do reasonably well betting on NFL mainly the player props markets. But recently quite enjoy watching the NHL. No way would I play it though…… they are absolutely mental haha
Haha, it's less bad than it looks. I've played it. I've also played Rugby and that's the most mental sport.

Don't get fooled by the Eagles! They're good, but they've had an easy schedule so far.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've kinda surrendered to the knowledge that Shi and Sellars will get the next appointment completely wrong and that it will send us down.
So if we're heading that way, I'd actually prefer a guy who has throughout his managerial career tried to copy the style of Cruyff. It would be like a tragic parody of Barcas dreamteam from the 90's, but at least we'd then be entertained on our way to towards the abyss....

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haha, it's less bad than it looks. I've played it. I've also played Rugby and that's the most mental sport.

Don't get fooled by the Eagles! They're good, but they've had an easy schedule so far.
I’ve played a lot of Rugby and a couple of years of American Football and nothing hurts the day after like American Football.. I swear even my bones were bruised.

Never seen so many missing teeth as Ice Hockey though.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What about if you manage in Holland with Ajax?
Obviously easier but not a game changer if not. Dortmund obviously didn't think it was a problem. It's an incredibly blunt tool by which to judge a manager's ability.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seeing the names coming up recently I'm for sticking with Davis till the New Year in the hope Loppy's Dad's health improves and he re-thinks. Stranger things have happened.
I don't think we can wait that long mate.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He may make more sense, and change the current slow football in our strategy, which has made us almost ineffective in front of goal.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Brighton CEO was interviewed on Sky the other guy. They have lists of potential head coaches who all play in the style they want to. I get the impression our lot dont.
Yeah that was pretty eye opening. He said that the planning essentially begins on day one of appointing someone new so that they’re prepared under any situation.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you're right..
According to Birmingham Mails portrait of Sellars the other day, he was given the role as technical director because Shi trusted him and because he was able to make the academy run financially stable
Nothing about having a good network, or being able to implement an overall strategy and vision for the senior team. Nothing about experience in succesful succesion planning of managers and teams.
It's a mess really.
Sellars shaping up to be a Moxey MkII.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Pats are my team. When I first started watching it I had to pick a team and they had Brady as QB

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think we can wait that long mate.
Tbh most of the names mentioned I've not heard of (!) or they do not inspire me with much confidence. Jeff's appt record is not great (bar Nuno of course) so I'm starting to think Davis pro tem may not be so bad an idea. Whilst we are not an A list club we are a solid Prem club, with money, so should be able to attract managers of Loppy's calibre. Beale, Bosz, Edwards FFS, is that really the best we can do?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A win tonight and I have a feeling they’ll be considering keeping Davis in position until the World Cup.

Then approach Julen AGAIN.
My thoughts too. We’ve only got four games tonight so worth it in my opinion.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see the point in waiting for JL, what if his father takes a turn for the worse and worse case scenario happens, he might then decide to have 12 months off as most would.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you're right..
It's a mess really.

Just as I have always thought.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alright, this is my choice. If we go down, at least we'll go down scoring goals.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alright, this is my choice. If we go down, at least we'll go down scoring goals.
I’d rather stay up and score hardly any goals and can’t understand why anyone would think otherwise.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d rather stay up and score hardly any goals and can’t understand why anyone would think otherwise.
Well.. we're scoring hardly any goals.. and we're not winning, so maybe if we score... we can win. If not, at least it'll look like we made an effort.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well.. we're scoring hardly any goals.. and we're not winning, so maybe if we score... we can win. If not, at least it'll look like we made an effort.
Problem with Bosz is well score some goals but the other side will score more.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem with Bosz is well score some goals but the other side will score more.
Seems to not really match his history.

He's got a winning record in Ligue 1, Eredivisie, and Bundlesliga.

Ligue 1: 27 wins, 17 draws, 15 losses, +29 goal differential
Eredivisie: 163 wins, 75 draws, 112 losses, +146 goal differential
Bundlesliga: 67 wins, 23 draws, 42 losses, +91 goal differential

In top flight football, his teams have never given up more goals than than they've scored.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I get the impression it's good fun for the most part and he tends to win more than he loses but when the odd one goes wrong it goes spectacularly wrong.

I think I could live with that.

I did note this line from the BBC:

"Bosz was recently dismissed by French club Lyon but the 58-year-old is still highly regarded across Europe."

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to not really match his history.

He's got a winning record in Ligue 1, Eredivisie, and Bundlesliga.

Ligue 1: 27 wins, 17 draws, 15 losses, +29 goal differential
Eredivisie: 163 wins, 75 draws, 112 losses, +146 goal differential
Bundlesliga: 67 wins, 23 draws, 42 losses, +91 goal differential

In top flight football, his teams have never given up more goals than than they've scored.
He managed Lyon, Dortmund and Leverkusen in those leagues, it's hardly a feat to have a positive goal difference when you have those clubs! It's the equivalent of Lage having to his credit 100 goals in a season, so it'll be goals galore at Wolves. Except Wolves aren't Benfica and Fabio Silva isn't Joao Felix.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He managed Lyon, Dortmund and Leverkusen in those leagues, it's hardly a feat to have a positive goal difference when you have those clubs! It's the equivalent of Lage having to his credit 100 goals in a season, so it'll be goals galore at Wolves. Except Wolves aren't Benfica and Fabio Silva isn't Joao Felix.
Didn't say it was or wasn't. Just said it was a lie that his clubs give up more goals then they score.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't say it was or wasn't. Just said it was a lie that his clubs give up more goals then they score.
The post you disputed say that we (Wolves) will give up more goals than we score. In those league he managed clubs of a far better standing in those competitions than Wolves have within the PL, so the argument that his history doesn't show that is irrelevant, just as Lage's goalscoring football was irrelevant when taken to Wolves.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The post you disputed say that we (Wolves) will give up more goals than we score. In those league he managed clubs of a far better standing in those competitions than Wolves, so the argument that his history doesn't show that is irrelevant.
Read any reports on him and they’ll say he’s defensively naive. With a team that can barely score that’s a recipe for disaster.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's the type of manager to be absolute **** for a number of clubs, yet still get jobs. But he'll land at a club and look like a genius for a period.

Boom or bust.
Good. Let him look like a genius for the rest of this year so we can stay up lol

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good. Let him look like a genius for the rest of this year so we can stay up lol

Not sure if he'll work here. But he should've worked at all the other jobs.

I think he'll suit Semedo, RAN, Kilman, Neves and Nunes. Need another attacking box to box midfielder or his system to work.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if he'll work here. But he should've worked at all the other jobs.

I think he'll suit Semedo, RAN, Kilman, Neves and Nunes. Need another attacking box to box midfielder or his system to work.
I'm not sure he'll work either. Really, really not sure whatsoever. But I am sure he will at least give this team an identity. And at this point, I'd take it over what we're getting.

If Bueno plays like he did tonight, I think he'd suit him well too.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Okay Jeff. I want to believe you but if he wanted to be at Wolves he would've been here in other vacancies like 2016, or 2017, 2021, or already...

Talking of Jeff I actually asked him after the game who our next manager is going to be and his reply was “haha I’m thinking”

He was midway through choosing a meal deal in Marks & Spencer’s at Beaconsfield Services at the time so obviously had more pressing issues to think about lol

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talking of Jeff I actually asked him after the game who our next manager is going to be and his reply was “haha I’m thinking”

He was midway through choosing a meal deal in Marks & Spencer’s at Beaconsfield Services at the time so obviously had more pressing issues to think about lol

That's a joke yes Kidder?

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure he'll work either. Really, really not sure whatsoever. But I am sure he will at least give this team an identity. And at this point, I'd take it over what we're getting.

If Bueno plays like he did tonight, I think he'd suit him well too.
According to my mate who works in sports, that's not true. He's adamant that he's awful, quickly moves into rubbish boring football, and fans at all his recent clubs loath him.

This sounds like lage v2 and a known quantity at that. No no no.

Back
Top Bottom