Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Penalty or not?

Should it have been a penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • No

Votes: 44 48.4%

• Total voters

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some people won't care, if so, there's no need to tell us, just move on.
However, I'm seeing a split on if Doku's high foot is a penalty or not. Interested to see what the split is amongst us as a group of football fans.

Hating liverpool or City aside, what is your view?

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Penalty. That and the massive **** up at Tottenham has probably cost Liverpool 3-5 points and possibly the title.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Foul, penalty, yellow card. Not a red for me as there wasnt a very hard contact.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And the **** up last week gained then 3 points.
Well 2.

Anyway, being incorrectly given a free kick in your own penalty area isn’t quite the same as a penalty and having a perfectly good goal chalked off is it.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think l like the fact that VAR is not getting involved as much these days and sticking with on field decisions brings some of the spirit back to the game.

Long may that continue: if we can work on ‘sensible’ that is not calling it if it can’t be seen wit the naked eye, more the better

On that we have been cheated out of many points this season, so no disrespect to the OP but l don’t care if Liverpool don’t get a pen!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Don't worry they'll get the points back in the last game when some clever camera work makes Neto look 3mm offside and our last minute equaliser is ruled out.

LW1

Groupie
Reaction score
By current rules it's a penalty. Rules are mad though, not every foul in the box should be a penalty. Many times it's still a remote possibility there will be a goal when foul happens and a penalty is too tough a sanction. This fell into that category for me.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware, the criteria for what constitues a foul in the penalty area is no different to anywhere else on the pitch, so it's a penalty

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clear penalty.

MacAllister knew what he was doing but Doku fell into the trap and kicked him.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doku was clearly trying to play the ball. What Mac Allister was trying to do other than obstruct Doku is beyond me as he didn't seem to be attempting to play the ball.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the sake of the title race I'm glad the game was a draw, but for me that's a penalty all day. I'd be spitting blood were that not given against us. It was a case of the VAR finding a reason not to give it. This is where the bias of officials if just subconsciously still exists. If that game is Liverpool vs Fulham at 1-1 and the former need a win to keep the title race alive, the exact same incident occurs, I guarantee it's given. But yesterday, the VAR had to be 1 billion percent sure the on field decision was wrong and there in lies one of the major flaws with the system in general. Context, timing etc should be taken out completely and it isn't because human nature takes over.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh no Nuno, Nuno, Nuno, it isn’t always you!

You are saying what many Premier League managers have been saying during the season (except most of the Big 6), but having to be careful how they say it. It isn’t stupid, but your comments are falling on deaf ears imo.

Forest have employed Mark Clattenburg as their referees analyst, but what good is that appointment when it won’t make any difference to the on pitch decisions.

Maybe we should appoint Mike Dean to do the same for us!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon VAR chickened out of awarding a penalty.

Last minute. Top 2 teams. German Klopp v Spitty Pep. So much at stake. Can you imagine the fallout if a penalty had been awarded!

As has been said in previous posts, if that was us against either Liverpool or City, it would have been given.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Penalty. That and the massive **** up at Tottenham has probably cost Liverpool 3-5 points and possibly the title.
If Klopp reads this he will be asking for the games to be replayed. Wait...

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I reckon VAR chickened out of awarding a penalty.

Last minute. Top 2 teams. German Klopp v Spitty Pep. So much at stake. Can you imagine the fallout if a penalty had been awarded!

As has been said in previous posts, if that was us against either Liverpool or City, it would have been given.
The ref certainly bottled it, and was reluctant to award a penalty with so little time left.
It would have been absolute chaos if he had awarded it.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me a clear penalty,you cant have your boot in someones face and it not be a foul
That said we have had that many poor decisions this season that i really dont care anymore

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its totally one of those that we would not get at any of the big 6 away (or prob at home), but that they would almost always be given against us. Whether these things are given when the big 6 play each other totally depends. This happens in the first half and I reckon the ref gives it? A foul really should be a foul though or else the result is being manipulated somewhat? We've lost at least two to last minute pens this season that I think were less of a foul (Sheff Utd and Fulham).

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could do a 'was mcginns tackle a red card' poll. Would be the first 100% yes landslide we have had on here!

Interesting this Doku one is still about 50 50 after the first 30 votes.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
However, I'm seeing a split on if Doku's high foot is a penalty or not. Interested to see what the split is amongst us as a group of football fans.

Who is Doku and which league do Liverpool and City play in?

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

i hate Liverpool but that’s a penalty.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
50:50. Like most decisions in football, given or not given by the referee; there will be contention. This is what we used to enjoy about football before VAR. In this case, if VAR got involved, they upheld Oliver's call. Just like the good old days!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ref certainly bottled it, and was reluctant to award a penalty with so little time left.
It would have been absolute chaos if he had awarded it.
Spot on! At the time I thought there is no way they would give a dodgy penalty this late in what had been a fantastic game. A draw was a fair result. It's similar to when refs book a player and then chicken out of a 2nd booking so as not to have to show the red.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it falls into the category of anywhere else on the pitch it's a foul, but not in the last seconds of a match between 2 of the top 3. Liverpool and their crowd appealing for everything probably didn't help their cause either. I can't remember whether it was before or after that Salah threw himself to the ground looking for a spot-kick, but that might harden the refs attitude towards pointing at the spot.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well....After 59 voters its 29 for and 30 against it being a penalty.....so about as evenly split as it can be!

I imagine some of the 30 just hate VAR and voted no as they can't condone its usage.

So, based on this poll it was a contentious decison.

For what its worth, I thought it should have been given as a penalty.

Back
Top Bottom