Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pelé?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could a move be back on for him in the summer?

We was willing to splash 3m on the guy before he failed a medical and ended up being out injured with a broken foot.

I'm sure Mendes will be looking to move him on.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah could be on the cards quite a few players at Monaco we could have on loan and Benfica also not sure how much we will use Mendes but loans don't harm anyone we could have 9 loan players until Jan with option to buy we don't lose anything really

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn't he supposed to be a midfield hardman? Get him in.

M

Mr Wolf

No thanks, not the position we need filling. Already have enough limited midfielders as it is.*

*Assuming he's limited never seen him play.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is where we need and experienced head not another experimental player

P

paddy

Lambert has already said more than once he won't be signing a volume of foreign shirt fillers

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We dont need Pele, weve already got Price who can pass sideways....

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Player profiles on the TransferMarkt website list comparable players (in terms of position and value).

On Pele's comparable players list is Jack Rodwell and Jackson Irvine - Pelé - Player Profile 17/18

We can do better, especially for €10m.

D

Deleted member 4124

Player profiles on the TransferMarkt website list comparable players (in terms of position and value).

On Pele's comparable players list is Jack Rodwell and Jackson Irvine - Pelé - Player Profile 17/18

We can do better, especially for €10m.
Lol. Please don’t get your opinions from there. Neves’ market value is at £13m which says it all.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feels like another rehash of our previous links to him. I'd expect us to be shopping in a higher bracket than this guy now, although I'm saying that without ever watching the guy play and maybe he's in the Costa bracket of ability in his position and he's just unknown to us, costs a similar amount...

@portugaletc Have you seen much of this guy?

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From A Bola

Pelé, 26, a Portuguese-Guinean currently in the service of Rio Ave, is about to strengthen the Portuguese contingent of Wolverhampton, a club run by Nuno Espírito Santo who next season will play in the Premier League after being crowned champion of the Championship.

The deal, according to A BOLA, is almost complete and involves an amount of around 10 million euros, with this money to be divided between the two clubs that have the economic rights of the player: Benfica and Rio Ave.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lol. Please don’t get your opinions from there. Neves’ market value is at £13m which says it all.

The market values are clearly a load of rubbish and in no way representative of a player's true value. I think this is because the values have to stay fairly uniform worldwide and don't take into account location.

£13m isn't actually a bad valuation for Neves in terms of TransferMarkt as it puts him in the same bracket as players like Fernandinho and Luke Shaw. Both £35m + in reality.

So if looking at values only, I'd agree. But that's where the comparable players list comes in useful - it shows players who are a similar sort of level (as everyone's value is watered down). As it stands, I wouldn't want Jack Rodwell or Jackson Irvine anywhere near our team!

Strikes me as very similar sort of player to Alfred N'Diaye too, albeit not as good.

Other than the poor valuations, the website itself is very good for information about positions, particularly secondary positions and is one of the only websites that tells you what foot a player is!!

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From A Bola

Pelé, 26, a Portuguese-Guinean currently in the service of Rio Ave, is about to strengthen the Portuguese contingent of Wolverhampton, a club run by Nuno Espírito Santo who next season will play in the Premier League after being crowned champion of the Championship.

The deal, according to A BOLA, is almost complete and involves an amount of around 10 million euros, with this money to be divided between the two clubs that have the economic rights of the player: Benfica and Rio Ave.
Gathering pace

1st instinct was to ask the question, Is he better than ALF, who would cost a similar amount? But I seem to remember he's more of a defensive midfielder/enforcer so perhaps would be direct competition for Saiss

Back
Top Bottom