Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Paulo Fonseca

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Possibly more relevant than Jose’s appointment.

A client of Mendes I believe, Portuguese, likes to play with a back 3 and now available as a manager.

There’s debates about Nuno but Fonseca is probably be the top contender now should there be a change.

Would you be happy if we were to end up with Fonseca?

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While I think a back three is a good option in certain games think we need to be looking at a back four mainly next season, so if he only plays that formation then it is a no from me....

I had a few doubts if Nuno would be here next season but with the team yesterday (playing the younger players) formation and the way he has been speaking about planning for next season I'd be massively shocked if he wasn't here next season now!

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't say I know much about him to be honest, think Nuno is probably staying at least one more year though

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
No he's gone mate
Is that still the case as far as you know?

I had maybe hoped that somehow Fosun may have convinced him to stay with promises of a decent transfer budget with all Nunos talk of preparing for next season.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Welcome to the Mix Top Fox Wolf.

The new Mix Winder Upper.
Not fair. I have no doubt that Bill, who folk who have cause to know say has good access, believes what he's been told. I just hope that it's wrong.

D

Deleted member 7041

But strangely enough this post is not closed down. He must sip faux ales in Bohemians:)

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn’t aware that there is a vacancy. Why is this even being discussed?

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No he's gone mate .

Whilst I've not been his biggest fan this past season, Nuno at least deserves the right to end this on his terms to go and do what he wants.

Regardless of my current feelings about him, he's been our best manager in my 35 years on this planet and I'll be forever grateful to him for putting our club back where it belongs and in front of millions of more people week in, week out.

IF this comes to pass, that is :)

AberWolf

Reaction score
Fonseca would be a top appointment if Nuno wasn't around next season

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he really hasnt.
Didn't you read his resignation letter, or see him resign on the pitch at the Hawthorns?

No, me neither.

Like you, I'm incredibly skeptical of any inside knowledge. Fully accept the OP has been told things, but would be flabbergasted if Nuno resigns.

If he does resign, I don't know enough about Fonseca to comment on his appointment as a potential successor. He's very handsome. That's the extent of my knowledge.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I definitely don't want Nuno to go, particularly after the other night.

But I support wolves not Nuno. I don't know much about this guy tbh. He will get a fair hearing if he comes, which he probably won't as it's probably "Portuguese man wanted by wolves" tabloid nonsense.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't you read his resignation letter, or see him resign on the pitch at the Hawthorns?

No, me neither.

Like you, I'm incredibly skeptical of any inside knowledge. Fully accept the OP has been told things, but would be flabbergasted if Nuno resigns.

If he does resign, I don't know enough about Fonseca to comment on his appointment as a potential successor. He's very handsome. That's the extent of my knowledge.
Theres no doubt he's had a tough year not only as manager but also with whats been going on globally and that cant have been easy for him. He has looked jaded but im sure he can see the future is less bleak. He's already talking about next season and he doesnt come across as the sort of guy to be discussing these things if he was walking away at the end of it.

Lets not also forget he very recently donated £250k to the local homeless charity and regardless of his own personal wealth that was done out of a community spirit that he has brought into.

Personally Id be absolutely flabbergasted if he went end of the season.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only certainty is that Nuno at some stage, and possibly sooner rather than later, will leave - voluntarily or sacked. That is the nature of football. Those who stay for longer periods, and there aren’t many, tend to win major trophies, which Nuno has not done, yet. Nuno will continue to have most fan’s support (and speaking personally here) provided the style of football changes from the largely turgid tactics we have employed for too long, and seems to have been “found out” in any event. Whether he has the inclination or talent to successfully do this remains to be seen. The other factor is the ambition of Fosun (difficult to assess financially in COVID times) and whether they will support the manager in the transfer market, which is uncertain. Without significant money to spend it is difficult to see how this squad can be improved and extended (the “small squad” theory being well blown out of the water). And without that commitment it is hard to see any other manager doing better than the present incumbent.

Lets worry about the new manager when and if Nuno leaves. Him leaving at the end of the season, however, seems a distinct possibility.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only certainty is that Nuno at some stage, and possibly sooner rather than later, will leave - voluntarily or sacked. That is the nature of football. Those who stay for longer periods, and there aren’t many, tend to win major trophies, which Nuno has not done, yet. Nuno will continue to have most fan’s support (and speaking personally here) provided the style of football changes from the largely turgid tactics we have employed for too long, and seems to have been “found out” in any event. Whether he has the inclination or talent to successfully do this remains to be seen. The other factor is the ambition of Fosun (difficult to assess financially in COVID times) and whether they will support the manager in the transfer market, which is uncertain. Without significant money to spend it is difficult to see how this squad can be improved and extended (the “small squad” theory being well blown out of the water). And without that commitment it is hard to see any other manager doing better than the present incumbent.

Lets worry about the new manager when and if Nuno leaves. Him leaving at the end of the season, however, seems a distinct possibility.
Nuno will see out his contract which means another two years beyond this season. At that point he and the club might think its time for a change, who knows? As long as we stay in the Premier League and don't turn into relegation candidates he will be firmly in place, especially with crowds coming back. Another quality striker (Vincius fr me), another quality central midfielder (?) , another quality centre back (Andersen on loan at Fulham but owned by Lyons) and hold on to Neves and Neto and we should be on an upward trajectory. Would love Saint Maxim in as a bonus special attacker with Traore's exit paying for him perhaps.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I imagine it's because he's a proven better manager?
You might argue that Rafa is a proven good manager. Given the different stages of their careers that the two are at (one on the way up, one in decline) it's a push based on personal opinion to use 'better'. Perhaps in 10-20 years time.....

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No he's gone mate .

There was a report supposedly from a former wolves director last week about big changes - Nuno maybe new portugal manager, Neves / Boly heading off.... I've no doubt big stuff may be happening

But even though Fosun / Nuno have been known to say one thing and do another, Nuno has gone out of his way to talk about how we must plan better for future eventualities..... short of saying 'I'm not leaving at the end of the season' I'm not sure what more he could say to show he's staying?

I'd be devastated if he left. Definitely deserves next season.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not fair. I have no doubt that Bill, who folk who have cause to know say has good access, believes what he's been told. I just hope that it's wrong.
No offence meant WW.

Bill should have mentioned that in his post which only contained 4 words.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He did explain in his original post, including where he got his info from, earlier on in the thread to be fair. He is a man of few words though!
I haven’t read his original post.

It isn’t on this thread is it?

We are talking of Top Fox Wolf aren’t we?

Back
Top Bottom