Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Paul Pogba - Banned

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Didn’t realise he was still playing.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet another dud signing by Yanited!

He joins Sancho, Antony, Maguire and a few others who were totally and ridiculously overpriced.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good - take drugs and get caught - face the music.
For me a real Emperor new clothes player., hype and odd good game and ran with with it.

1709211962078.png
A real oh well nevermind

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£125m in the bank is fair compensation for 12 years of terrible work. I think he’ll be okay somehow.

Terrible work that has only contributed to 4 Serie A titles, 5 domestic cups, a Europa League, a Nations League and a World Cup.

Yes, he could have been better, but he wasn't that bad!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vallejo has a Champions League medal.......... doesn't make him a great player

He has 2!!

You're right, it means nothing, as Vallejo played 1 and 2 games in Europe those seasons for his 'wins'.

Pogba played most games, for most teams he won things with, so clearly more of a contribution than Vallejo's 2 Champions Leagues.

Pogba is an icing on the cake player. Very, very gifted, but needs a team full of leaders around him to succeed.

He had that at Juve with the likes of Pirlo, Chiellini etc. and he had it with France with Lloris, Giroud, Kante, etc. and he had it at United briefly under Mourinho the season Ibrahimovic was brought in, which is the only season he won anything there.

Ask him to become the leader of a team, as United then did, and that team is only going one way.

Last edited:

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has 2!!

You're right, it means nothing, as Vallejo played 1 and 2 games in Europe those seasons for his 'wins'.

Pogba played most games, for most teams he won things with, so clearly more of a contribution than Vallejo's 2 Champions Leagues.

Pogba is an icing on the cake player. Very, very gifted, but needs a team full of leaders around him to succeed.

He had that at Juve with the likes of Pirlo, Chiellini etc. and he had it with France with Lloris, Giroud, Kante, etc. and he had it at United briefly under Mourinho the season Ibrahimovic was brought in, which is the only season he won anything there.

Ask him to become the leader of a team, as United then did, and that team is only going one way.
Pogba is like Bruno Fernandes. He looks great when the team around him are playing well and they are putting some poor cannon fodder to the sword, but put him in a position where the team isn't playing well and looking for him to take the game by the scruff of the neck, or when they are playing a team equal of better than them, he hides and lets the others take the blame

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He will just one of the unlucky ones to get caught. I’d imagine HGH, testosterone and such will be pretty prevalent within pro football circles.

The advantages it gives athletes are incredible, particularly for recovery and the fact they have to be fitness robots.

I’ve seen people do it unregulated and become beasts.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Show pony player with no consistency. Also seems a bad dressing room character. Serves him right if he's been on the disco biscuits

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Paul Pogba banned for four years for a doping offence
I wonder what his doping offence was? Taking pot would seem an excessive ban. Harder drugs - serves him right. I assume it's nothing to do with supplying?

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's the end of his footballing career, he was highly rated as a youth prospect at United then went to Juve where he excelled and then back to united where it has been a disaster since.

Someone with so much talent but another one of footballs nearly men, seemed as if he would be one of the best in the world at one point.

It's a shame natural talent sometimes ends up with the wrong people.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The usual ‘Who, me? You’re having a laugh, mate. I would never do drugs’

A busted flush. Had the ability to change games when in the mood but like Rashford he’s a bit of a sulk.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a shame natural talent sometimes ends up with the wrong people.

It’s not necessarily that it ends up with the wrong people. It’s the natural talent itself that is their enemy.

So many naturally gifted footballers (or not just footballers) struggle with the hard work side of things.

When things come so easy at a young age, that drive to improve isn’t there. The hunger isn’t there. There is no need to try because the talent comes so naturally. You are better than everyone already, without the need for the hard work or the right attitude.

Then there comes a point where the hard work beats the talent.

It’s very rare that natural talent and work ethic combine. When they do, you end up with special footballers.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****er
What a waste of god given talent

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You've got to be a special kind of stupid to get caught in a drugs test in football, one of the least tested sports there is.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Never liked Pogba....but how does one get caught for steroids in football? Very strange.

Anyway, I guess he can retire and focus on other things...

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pogba was integral in the World Cup winning side of 2018, I think he lost motivation after that. One of the most talented midfielders this century. Shame, as a football fan I want to see the best talent.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not necessarily that it ends up with the wrong people. It’s the natural talent itself that is their enemy.

So many naturally gifted footballers (or not just footballers) struggle with the hard work side of things.

When things come so easy at a young age, that drive to improve isn’t there. The hunger isn’t there. There is no need to try because the talent comes so naturally. You are better than everyone already, without the need for the hard work or the right attitude.

Then there comes a point where the hard work beats the talent.

It’s very rare that natural talent and work ethic combine. When they do, you end up with special footballers.
Read interviews with Vieri and Figo saying they were the worst players in them on their u19 teams but the most driven to succeed.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Got to admire a guy who can earn what he has for so little effort.

Summed up by this season. 52 minutes of play leading to 4 games out with 'muscle fatigue' surely that's a good basis for proving you're not doping!
1000005956.jpg

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If testing is a routine event throughout first class football, I am surprised that testosterone enhancement/boosting is a chosen way of cheating; it has long become old-fashioned, easily identifiable, and publicised examples, particularly from the world of athletics, should be sufficient to deter anyone with half a brain.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Won his country a World Cup. Which is enough in a career.

Back
Top Bottom