Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Paul Bradshaw (RIP)

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
RIP Paul. You were a fantastic goalkeeper, up there with Wolves very best keepers all time.

I have happy memories of meeting Paul when he was Hon. President of Manchester Wolves during his time at Molineux. I am feeling very sad this morning.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
RIP Paul. You were a fantastic goalkeeper, up there with Wolves very best keepers all time.

I have happy memories of meeting Paul when he was Hon. President of Manchester Wolves during his time at Molineux. I am feeling very sad this morning.
Yes, thats what I was thinking of too. He attended one event that I remember with Geoff Palmer and Dave Thomas.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been watching the Big Match Revisited on ITV 4 on Saturday mornings. From time to time Wolves of the late seventies /early eighties have been on and what is apparent is how good Paul was pulling shots into his body or indeed saving with both hands. These days keepers seem content to parry far too much for me. That said, if he had to make the non coaching manual save he would as he showed in the 1980 League Cup Final.

I recall being really excited when Wolves splashed out what was in 1977 huge money for a goalie. I never felt we overpaid for Paul Bradshaw, he was worth every penny and then some.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Yes, thats what I was thinking of too. He attended one event that I remember with Geoff Palmer and Dave Thomas.
That's right Sue. A pub do in 1979. Hard to believe its 45 years ago.

Have just found two lovely black and white photos from Manchester Wolves pub dos, late 70s. Of Dave Thomas and George Berry with members of the Manchester Wolves committee but not one of Paul.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
That's right Sue. A pub do in 1979. Hard to believe its 45 years ago.

Have just found two lovely black and white photos from Manchester Wolves pub dos, late 70s. Of Dave Thomas and George Berry with members of the Manchester Wolves committee but not one of Paul.
I have photos of them in a group with the younger members. Keith Christie's two lads included.

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
Went to Blackburn as a 9 year old , Bradshaw was in goal for Rovers , he had a great game.
Me and Dad were saying Wolves should buy him, so we were both delighted when we did not long after. A great keeper for us RIP Paul Bradshaw.

Torbay Wolf

Reaction score
Terrible news. Is it me, or are people dying younger these days. Watched Paul many, many times in the late seventies and early eighties. Always a reliable pair of hands. Rest in peace Paul. You will be sadly missed.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The best Wolves keeper in my time supporting the Wolves (since 1965)

Rest in peace Paul, for ever a Wolf

I remember my Father saying that if Paul Bradshaw had been the Wolves goalkeeper in the early seventies, then we would have been very close to having a title chasing team. I say that with no disrespect to Phil Parkes, who was a good goalkeeper, but Paul was just that little bi better.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have happy memories of the 1980 League Cup Final when Paul played his part in our win over Clough's strong Forest side.
I travelled down with no ticket but managed to negotiate one on the train, albeit in the Forest end.

A great day, thank you Paul.

My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Attachments

• ec8a63771fd6cbc436b91a0d8ffe9894.jpg
    ec8a63771fd6cbc436b91a0d8ffe9894.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 12

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such a shame and so sorry to read this. Like many others I can remember when we signed him, and it really doesn't seem that long ago. I remember him being described as 'the goalkeeper of the future' and I think I am correct in saying we paid a record fee for him for a goalkeeper. He certainly was an excellent keeper and a wonderful servant to the club.
RIP Paul.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Went to Blackburn as a 9 year old , Bradshaw was in goal for Rovers , he had a great game.
Me and Dad were saying Wolves should buy him, so we were both delighted when we did not long after. A great keeper for us RIP Paul Bradshaw.
As an 8 year old I watched him play for Blackburn in a 2 1 Wolves defeat at Molineux.
He was magnificent that day making save after save . My Dad said to me we should sign him and as you say .....we did .
A great brave and agile keeper .
Forever a Wolves hero and legend.
RIP Paul

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Very sad news.

Am I right in thinking it was Paul Bradshaw that set up Bradsports in Birches Bridge?

Used to get a lot of my kit from there when I was growing up.

JimB

Groupie
Reaction score
Shocked by this sad news, one from my youth stood at the front of the north bank, always looked forward to applauding him into the goal mouth as he applauded us.
Fond memories Paul, one of my heroes, I applaud you again - sir.
RIP PB.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such a shame and so sorry to read this. Like many others I can remember when we signed him, and it really doesn't seem that long ago. I remember him being described as 'the goalkeeper of the future' and I think I am correct in saying we paid a record fee for him for a goalkeeper. He certainly was an excellent keeper and a wonderful servant to the club.
RIP Paul.

I have just looked it up and while it was not World Record fee for a goalkeeper as Peter Shilton went to Forest in the same week ( see next paragraph ! ) it was a Wolves club record fee at £150,000.

It was incredible looking back in time just how under valued a top notch keeper was. It really only changed when Cloughie and Peter Taylor paid Stoke City £325,000 in September 1977 for Peter Shilton. There is an interview in which Peter Taylor says something like " We paid the fee because we felt Shilton was worth 12 to 16 points a season and he proved it ! " Over his time in goal for Wolves it is beyond calculations just how points ' Braddy ' saved for Wolves.

A West Midlands born keeper in Phil Parkes shattered that Peter Shilton fee when he was sold by QPR to West Ham for £565,000. Even then there were ' experts ' who thought it was crazy to pay that for a goalie !!!!

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh no, that's awful news. Bradshaw was the Wolves keeper of my childhood. Always remember him in his green Umbro top with the three leaping Wolves in black and the WW badge. Solid, dependable and reliable keeper. That is no age for someone these days. Rest in Peace Paul and love to his family.

View attachment 40643
Spot on.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Sad news, RIP Paul x

Back
Top Bottom