Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Parking this evening

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would appreciate suggestions for the best place for me to park this afternoon given that I want to be up along the Stafford Road so that I can get up to the M54 without getting caught up too much in traffic. I have a 2-3 hour drive home so won't be hanging around but I am in the SB and don't leave till after the final whistle so will obviously get delayed but I want to keep it to a minimum.

People have mentioned the Science Park on threads in the past but is this car park available all day or only after a certain time? I'm aiming to get there around 3:30 this afternoon.

ShifnalWolf

Graphmaster General
Reaction score
Science park is always free parking - so even though workers would be on there at 3.30 - there will be spaces

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You should get sorted around "West Park" if you're arriving that early.
Stick the name in a popular search engine for location etc.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You should get sorted around "West Park" if you're arriving that early.
Stick the name in a popular search engine for location etc.
Thanks GA, I rarely drive but when I do I usually park around the Newhampton Road as I go to The Stile after the game to let the traffic die down. This evening being a work night though I want to be up by the Stafford Road to make a quick(ish…) getaway, especially if there's going to be snow on the ground.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Park near Central Baths if I get there early enough. Can be difficult after 6:30 though.

D

Deleted member 6754 (removed at own request)

Park on the Science Park and take a detour down Bushbury Lane, Fordhouse Road, onto Three Tuns Lane and right at Three Tuns Island onto the Stafford Road, you should avoid the worst of the traffic that way.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks GA, I rarely drive but when I do I usually park around the Newhampton Road as I go to The Stile after the game to let the traffic die down. This evening being a work night though I want to be up by the Stafford Road to make a quick(ish…) getaway, especially if there's going to be snow on the ground.

Ok Lytham, that's understandable.
I would think A449/A5/M6 roads will be ok for a reasonable get-away as I expect the gritters (and ploughs if reqd.) will be out early.

Safe journey to and from Molineux.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Park on the Science Park and take a detour down Bushbury Lane, Fordhouse Road, onto Three Tuns Lane and right at Three Tuns Island onto the Stafford Road, you should avoid the worst of the traffic that way.
Cheers WV9, I like the sound of that so will take a look at the route.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ok Lytham, that's understandable.
I would think A449/A5/M6 roads will be ok for a reasonable get-away as I expect the gritters (and ploughs if reqd.) will be out early.

Safe journey to and from Molineux.
Thanks GA, keeping to the main roads was part of my thinking. I got caught in the snow last week driving through residential areas in NW London and it wasn’t fun.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always go farndale estate if leaving from that direction.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers WV9, I like the sound of that so will take a look at the route.
Just make sure you’re on the public car park by the Science Park rather than the Science Park itself as you’ll get barriered in if you’re on the latter.

The one literally across the road from KFC is what you’re after.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just make sure you’re on the public car park by the Science Park rather than the Science Park itself as you’ll get barriered in if you’re on the latter.

The one literally across the road from KFC is what you’re after.
Thanks Padraig, I wasn’t aware of that so that advice could prove to be very useful indeed :D

iantendo

Reaction score
Search for Bone Mill Lane on your satnav it's unrestricted street parking just off the Stafford Road and should be empty at this time.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Park in Bilston, get a bag of Major's chips, get the tram in..... and vice versa

Andi130

Reaction score
It will cost you a couple of quid, but I always park under the civic centre. You can pre pay on evenings, so no hanging around at the pay machines. Can be a bit of a bugger to get off if you hang around at the mol after full time, but it's not too bad.

R

RuncornWolf

When I leave to come back up north, I usually head out through codsall & brewood then onto the m6 at j12, you avoid all traffic around Stafford road.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
When I leave to come back up north, I usually head out through codsall & brewood then onto the m6 at j12, you avoid all traffic around Stafford road.
I was brought up in Penkridge so know that area very well and that’s a good call but live down south now so M54 for me

Back
Top Bottom