Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Parking Query - Advice Please

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got a mate who's a fellow Wolves fan living in Guiseley, Yorkshire. He gets to the Molineux once or twice a year and uses train travel. On his next visit he needs to drive and is wondering about a convenient place to park on the north side of the ground to get back to the M6 without too much delay. I'm only familiar with the south side of the city so I would appreciate any ideas please. Many thanks.

D

Deleted member 4257

Street parking by racecourse. 10 Min walk and then traffic not to bad to J12 of M6

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Street parking by racecourse. 10 Min walk and then traffic not to bad to J12 of M6
Am I right in thinking you would turn off Stafford Road down Gorsebrook Road and find a street from there? Do you need to get there early to find a space?

D

Deleted member 4382

Do you have to arrive early to get parked there?
Presumably there is a fee to pay?
Free, and only as early as other places.
Otherwise, plenty of pay car parks in Foxes Lane area.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Science Park is free. I drive from Sheffield and park there most home games and get there about an hour and a quarter before kick off. Gentle walk up or get the bus...and there's a McDonalds en-route too. :)
A secret for after the game is to turn right and up through the residential estate. Gets you to the A38 quicker.

Darbena

Reaction score
I know it sounds daft, but an option might be parking at Stafford and getting the train. Wolverhampton is normally gridlocked after the match and it’s only 13 - 17 minutes (depending on train) or so on the train then it’s a 5 minute drive to junction 14 on the m6. Obviously you’ve got the cost of the train fare and parking station but if time is a consideration should give more leeway.

Molly

Reaction score
If he's a member of Yorkshire Wolves he may be able to share a lift with one of them. If he's not it might be worth joining.

Edit : just read that he needs to drive, so presume he won't want to car share.

Last edited:
W

wolvesultra

Science Park is free. I drive from Sheffield and park there most home games and get there about an hour and a quarter before kick off. Gentle walk up or get the bus...and there's a McDonalds en-route too. :)
A secret for after the game is to turn right and up through the residential estate. Gets you to the A38 quicker.
also got KFC, The Island House (upmarket Chippy you can also eat in) and the ECC club all nearby.

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many thanks gents. That will give him a number of good options.

M

Mr Wolf

I may be being thick here but isn’t it best to go A38 past Derby then onto A1/M1 to get to Yorkshire?

Driving up to M6 Manchester then across seems longwinded to me, especially with the 50mph limit for the most part.

D

Deleted member 3518

I know it sounds daft, but an option might be parking at Stafford and getting the train. Wolverhampton is normally gridlocked after the match and it’s only 13 - 17 minutes (depending on train) or so on the train then it’s a 5 minute drive to junction 14 on the m6. Obviously you’ve got the cost of the train fare and parking station but if time is a consideration should give more leeway.

I'd go with Penkridge over Stafford.

mr_j_007

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I may be being thick here but isn’t it best to go A38 past Derby then onto A1/M1 to get to Yorkshire?

Driving up to M6 Manchester then across seems longwinded to me, especially with the 50mph limit for the most part.

I think mr Wolf is probably right about this one. As someone who travels down the m6 from Manchester to games, it is pretty much an average 50 now!

W

wolvesultra

Surely the traffic around the Stafford Road isn't that bad that walking to the station, queuing in the new system, waiting for a train, getting the train etc would make it quicker?

Molly

Reaction score
The road works just before the M54 are awful at the best of times, with the football traffic too it's really bad.

Jonny De Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've got a mate who's a fellow Wolves fan living in Guiseley, Yorkshire. He gets to the Molineux once or twice a year and uses train travel. On his next visit he needs to drive and is wondering about a convenient place to park on the north side of the ground to get back to the M6 without too much delay. I'm only familiar with the south side of the city so I would appreciate any ideas please. Many thanks.

I think mr Wolf is probably right about this one. As someone who travels down the m6 from Manchester to games, it is pretty much an average 50 now!

As mentioned If your mate is heading back to Guiseley he will definitely be better going A38 & M1
We always travel that route

Baboon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will pass on that good advice regarding the A38/M1. Thank you.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I park on the road by untouchables, 5 mins walk from molineux,just of cannock rd and i am back in wednesfield 45mins after final whistle, after stopping to applaud team off, if using m6 may be better getting down cannock rd and getting on j11?

Back
Top Bottom