Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Parking at Leicester FC??

JJ59

Reaction score
Going by car to the game. Anyone have any advice/experience concerning parking on match days in Leicester?

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Park at Leicester Tigers £10 - simple walk in

I am also driving and looking at options. Do you know if that location ok to get away from post game or takes a while? Need to get back sharpish post game. Thanks.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I've used the industrial park area close to the ground, park for about £5 iirc but I think they all do it for charity. However it's a nightmare to get out of after the game. Walk over the hill past the Uni to Clarendon Park area for free street parking, maybe 15 minutes or so, but then relatively quick to get away.

In The Stiffs

Reaction score
Have parked on their official car parks previously, be prepared for a very long wait after the match.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am also driving and looking at options. Do you know if that location ok to get away from post game or takes a while? Need to get back sharpish post game. Thanks.
Take ages from the rugby stadium ...you get stuck .....there are some car parks before the town a426 side before you get to the ground and street parking isn't bad ...so you don't get stuck as much ....last time we got away quite quick.... obviously depending on which way you go.....got stuck for ages when we parked on rugby stadium.. coming through the town....

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you don’t mind a 20 minute walk then there are some side streets off the Narborough Road where there are no parking restrictions. There are usually spaces on Meredith Road and Dumbleton Avenue and streets nearby, though I don’t know what they are like on matchdays. If you can park in that area then it is only a 10/15 minute drive to the M69.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've used the industrial park area close to the ground, park for about £5 iirc but I think they all do it for charity. However it's a nightmare to get out of after the game. Walk over the hill past the Uni to Clarendon Park area for free street parking, maybe 15 minutes or so, but then relatively quick to get away.
Also looking for parking. Your Clarendon Park Area seems the best shout given the time it takes to get away from Tigers or the other suggestions.

I don't suppose you have a more accurate description of where might be available?

Or has anyone else just spotted this thread and has other suggestions?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you don’t mind a 20 minute walk then there are some side streets off the Narborough Road where there are no parking restrictions. There are usually spaces on Meredith Road and Dumbleton Avenue and streets nearby, though I don’t know what they are like on matchdays. If you can park in that area then it is only a 10/15 minute drive to the M69.
Ah, my old stamping ground. I did my first degree at the then Poly in the early 80s and lived "off the Narborough Road" for two of my three years there.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any away friendly pubs anyone know of? Sorry couldn't see a thread on it. Ta
We always start in the barley Mow, close to the station.

There's always "The Counting House" Public House which in my experience has had a good Wolves presence, but getting served is a challenge in itself tbh.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Also looking for parking. Your Clarendon Park Area seems the best shout given the time it takes to get away from Tigers or the other suggestions.

I don't suppose you have a more accurate description of where might be available?

Or has anyone else just spotted this thread and has other suggestions?
I couldn't swear to it, but looking on the map I think I parked on Hartopp Rd last season. It's one of those areas where you keep checking the lamposts for 'permit holders only' but it was OK, hopefully that hasn't changed. It was fairly busy, but I tend to get in quite early (particularly then as I was excited to see Lage's boys!)

Back
Top Bottom