Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Palace verdict

T

TheConcourse

Then he should have bought Doc on for the second half for Semedo
Right? He had options. He also should have changed Bouba for Gomes. Joao couldn’t tackle after about 50 minutes.

Guy is a fraud, and it’s an absolute travesty that he’s landed this role. It’s almost unbelievable that our (effectively) CEO didn’t meet the man who is arguably the most important person at the club.

Blows my mind.

I’ve seen more intense interview processes for a ****ing Marketing Manager role.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more with this. If I never saw Semedo given another appearance in old gold I’d be delighted. Defensively a liability, looks a red waiting to happen most games and offers about as much as Sa going forwards. A players whose career got incredibly fortunate to be at Barca. Please get shot.
I don’t actually mind Semedo generally, but your comment about Sa made me laugh as Semedo genuinely only has two more PL assists than Sa does (3 vs 1), and Semedo has had an extra season. Pathetic numbers.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva is not a premier league player. Not strong, fast or skilful enough. Can’t finish. Not a great combination.

Cunha would look ok in a decent side but we aren’t one.

Semedo is the same jogging joke of a defender as always, Dawson is slow and Kilman looks bad in a back 4.

Revert to a back 3, lump it at Sas and hope we get something off the knock downs.

18/19 Wolves tear this side to shreds.

Christ I think 88/89 Wolves tear this side to shreds.
Christ I think 86/87 Wolves tear this side to shreds.

Fixed it.

Edmund Dantes

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We are dreadful and unfortunately, I don't see how we can get organized without brining in players who have some valuable Premier League experience.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON getting loads of criticism today, but I don't blame him for where we're at. Yes, he is inexperienced, tactically naive and out of his depth, but he's not to blame for our inability to score. That's been going on for years. He's not to blame for us conceding sloppy, stupid goals. That was happening all last season. Even the players aren't his. He's inherited this bunch of incompetents.
I blame the people who courted Loppy for 6 seasons, only to lie to him, change the goalposts and change our policies. I blame the people who thought GON was the best option out there, giving him a three year contract. I blame the people who have flip-flopped between famine and feast in our transfer policies. I blame the people who spent in excess of £35m on a boy wonder, who spent in excess of £40m on a player that decided to strike to get his own way, who spent £27m on a player who never wanted to be at Wolves and another £27m on a down-grade at RB. I blame the people who spend £40m on a non-scoring striker and £15m on a player that lot's though was injury-prone and so it proved.
Yes, the people I blame for this situation are Fosun and their stooges. GON is just a fall-guy and unfortunately, he's been set-up to fail and as usual, it's the long-suffering fans that have to wear the level of incompetence from those who promised us more.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet more sterile, bang average, mediocrity, which has sadly become the norm over the past 3 years and looks like extending into a 4th.

Once we hadn't capitalised on all the possession we had in the first half, the game was only ever going to go one way, Palace applied a bit of pressure in the 2nd half and we crumbled.

The inability to bring in a pacy,handful of a striker who knows where the net is, since November 2020, is nothing short of criminal, and I'm convinced will ultimately be our downfall.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The classic Selhurst Park performance. Lose without them having to play remotely well. Get back into the game and give them the impetus. It's just so predictable, and we all know we'll go to Luton and do the same.

The lack of midfielder runners is killing us time after time and we never do a single thing about it. You watch now out of habit. The enjoyment is non existent.
Pre-season v Rennes and v Utd the signs were good But then I guess that was Lopetegui’s team. Gary is getting them to play his way in a more rigid system.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON = Lage MK2.

He will be gone by end of October and more than a chance by end of Sept with our run if games.

We need to revert to a hack three. As much as it pains me to say we are not effective with four at the back under GON stewardship.
Only if we’re bottom and four or five points adrift by the end of October will there be serious questions asked by the board.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both Ayew and Édouard should have been booked in the first half. The incident involving the former when the ref rightly waved play on and there wasn't a break for about 5 mins was bloody woeful.
Totally agree regarding Ayew as I was waiting for the yellow to be shown.
Its situations like that where i question the system and wonder if there's an agenda, which is not like me.

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
We look like we're going through the motions already. Unrecognisable from the display at Man Utd. I think we've become gradually less effective with every game.

You can't replace an Elite manager with a rookie and not expect the players to wonder what's going on.

Hoping the new signings can inject a bit of much needed quality and that there are three worse teams.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palarse are a **** poor team there for the taking, so we decided to take them all 3 points.

Our defence is about as strong as a school built with RAAC.
Midfield lightweight, largely clueless and we STILL don't have a striker.
No leader on the park.
Apart from Neto, no one comes out with any kudos.

WTF was O'Neill doing with the subs?
I'm all for giving him a chance but if he continues to be this clueless and naieve, we really are in trouble.

He's got two weeks to get the new lads embedded and firing an all cylinders, the honeymoon is over Gaz.

Summation:
A crock of ****e today.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Solid first half but no creativity. Awful second half and what on earth were those subs? Lost us the game.

I have no idea what the tactics were all game tbh. We had absolutely nothing going forwards. I like fabio but he offered nothing today and he/cunha just looked lost.

We're always rubbish at palace though so gonna write this one off.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club have now posted that one of our players was subject to "discriminatory abuse" by a Palace fan and there was security action and a police report.

Disgraceful. The number of black and foreign players that Palace themselves have makes the whole thing even more ridiculous.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm probably just angry with O'Neil because I think he massively ballsed up the situation at 1-1 when we had just equalised and were in the ascendency.

Bringing on Traore when we had Sasa on the bench, bang in form, was a very unwise decision and it turned the game.
It was completely bizarre. We fell apart afterwards.

Andi130

Reaction score
We look like we're going through the motions already. Unrecognisable from the display at Man Utd. I think we've become gradually less effective with every game.

You can't replace an Elite manager with a rookie and not expect the players to wonder what's going on.

Hoping the new signings can inject a bit of much needed quality and that there are three worse teams.

Talking about motivation. I suspect many of us have been in a job, working in a certain way, but having respect for the seniority of the guy/girl above you. Manager leaves, company promote/bring in some green junior who's never delivered much.

Generally you find it splits the camp. You get the ones that blindly follow, the ones who are completey suspect of the appointment and either become disenfranchised, or slowly decide to jump on the bandwagon if things start going in the right direction. You also get the ones that quite blatently down tools.

I do wonder if it's currently playing out in a similar way behind the scenes.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now I have had a bit of time to calm down and collect my thoughts, I don't think this is quite as bad as some on here are saying.

Bellegarde will be an improvement on Sabria and Doyle will add more creativity even if it is as a sub.

I also think Palace got both the rub if the green at times, and definitely got the reffing decisions. Semedo got booked for an accidental clip whereas Palace players should have had at least three booked for clear deliberate fouls.

None of this excuses the poor showing by Silva, and Dawson got caught out a couple of times.

But Palace strikers are exactly what you need in the prem, strong, quick, and having real prem experience.

Our build up play doesn't look like a relegation side to me, and I think we will be better when Bellgarde and Doyle are available. I also think Sasa may well play himself into the starting line up in time.

Don't get me wrong, this is going to be a long hard season, but with the new players and a striker in Jan we may just escape relegation, but we are relying on three from Luton, Sheffield, Burnley, Bournemouth, and Everton being worse - possible, but very very risky.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now I have had a bit of time to calm down and collect my thoughts, I don't think this is quite as bad as some on here are saying.

Bellegarde will be an improvement on Sabria and Doyle will add more creativity even if it is as a sub.

I also think Palace got both the rub if the green at times, and definitely got the reffing decisions. Semedo got booked for an accidental clip whereas Palace players should have had at least three booked for clear deliberate fouls.

None of this excuses the poor showing by Silva, and Dawson got caught out a couple of times.

But Palace strikers are exactly what you need in the prem, strong, quick, and having real prem experience.

Our build up play doesn't look like a relegation side to me, and I think we will be better when Bellgarde and Doyle are available. I also think Sasa may well play himself into the starting line up in time.

Don't get me wrong, this is going to be a long hard season, but with the new players and a striker in Jan we may just escape relegation, but we are relying on three from Luton, Sheffield, Burnley, Bournemouth, and Everton being worse - possible, but very very risky.
Hoping this 2 week break is what Sasa needs to get closer to fully fit.. there is much more purpose to our attack with him on the pitch.

Even our second goal.. Cunha is free because the defence are worried about Sasa.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jez knew his finances the confusion would never of happened this summer
Hi Tescos, would you like the entire South Bank?
Yes Sir, of course I will have the liquidator stop being played immediately, whilst other clubs including the inbreds still play it freely.
Glenn Hoddle, Mad (I'll see you all in the car Park) Mick, Clipboard, Stale Solbakken, Dean Saunders.
Under-investing when we were in the Prem first time.
Pie & a Pint...

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t think the players are the problem.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi Tescos, would you like the entire South Bank?
Yes Sir, of course I will have the liquidator stop being played immediately, whilst other clubs including the inbreds still play it freely.
Glenn Hoddle, Mad (I'll see you all in the car Park) Mick, Clipboard, Stale Solbakken, Dean Saunders.
Under-investing when we were in the Prem first time.
Pie & a Pint...
Everyone makes mistakes just like Jeff has

Back
Top Bottom