Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Palace verdict

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't seem to be a thread so...

...another really hard watch, and once the opposition does anything with speed and incision we part like the Red Sea.

Our "attackers" are truly pathetic in their lack of hunger to hurt the opposition. I can't stand watching Sarabia, Cunha and Silva waft around with little to no effect whatsoever when you see every single other team in the division have players who actually want to score a goal. Even in the relegation season under Jones or the struggles with McCarthy there were players out there who genuinely had a desire to create a goal, to unsettle the opposition, to make that sprint into the box but now we have nothing... the first Palace goal was one that we will never score.

I've thought since day 1 that we will struggle to get 30 points and am just contenting/deluding myself into believing that Luton, Burnley and the Blades won't reach 30 anyway.

Last edited:

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tactical disaster class from O'Neill. Taking Fabio off for a midfielder and leaving us with no focal point up front was only going to end one way. Why he didn't bring on Sasa earlier, only he will know. Almost at the point where I've seen enough to know that he cannot influence games, and it's going to down to luck rather than judgement.

Captain Kilman was terrible as well, seemingly playing a culpable role in all three goals. We're also way too nice to each other considering our likely candidacy for a relegation battle. The amount of times Sa made saves after bad defending and just fist bumped someone rather than give them the *******ing they deserved, was infuriating.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am really frustrated by that.. I felt for long periods we controlled the ball and stifled them, but I had this continuing nagging feeling that as soon as they turned it on, we would crumble.

We’re clearly only effective attacking from wide positions, so we need to get it out wide quicker.

Silva can’t link up play well enough, so Sasa needs more game time.

I want to see 3 at the back and Doherty and RAN given attacking license. Neto, Sasa and Cunha up top..

That leaves currently Gomes and Lemina in the middle.. I would like to think Bellegarde or Doyle might be able to add to that. I am not sure Gomes is quite at the standard yet.

Whirligig Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Sa - multiple saves and sound handling. One moment of insanity. Obviously.

RAN - very poor display including a childish booking and dozy moments.

Semedo - when he's playing well he looks so classy. That wasn’t today. Did see him in the opposition box which was a pleasant surprise. Crossing remains dreadful.

Kilman and Dawson. I thought they were ok. Kilman looked the boss in the 1st half. Then the 2nd half happened .

Gomes and Lemina.
1st half they had control. Really positive. 2nd half looked flat, overrun and uncreative.
Gomes can pick a pass. Needs to do it more often.

Sarabia - so frustrating. Of course the opposition midweek were weak but today he had the chance to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Didn’t.

Neto. Tireless and persistent. 2 assists and I didn’t spot a drop of petulance. He’s my positive today.

Fabio - competition winner. Right from the off his teammates were pointing out where he should be when we were out of possession. minimum he needs to do is work hard . He was weak, slow and ineffective in the extreme.

Cunha. Was he playing? At least he scored. Maybe he’ll kick on.

Subs

Hwang. Comes to something when he looks the most likely to score.
Did well. Presume he’s not fit enough for 90.

Traore - understand why he was brought on as we were overrun, but he’s poor. Hope he improves but really need Doyle to be a lot better than him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva is not a premier league player. Not strong, fast or skilful enough. Can’t finish. Not a great combination.

Cunha would look ok in a decent side but we aren’t one.

Semedo is the same jogging joke of a defender as always, Dawson is slow and Kilman looks bad in a back 4.

Revert to a back 3, lump it at Sas and hope we get something off the knock downs.

18/19 Wolves tear this side to shreds.

Christ I think 88/89 Wolves tear this side to shreds.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The classic Selhurst Park performance. Lose without them having to play remotely well. Get back into the game and give them the impetus. It's just so predictable, and we all know we'll go to Luton and do the same.

The lack of midfielder runners is killing us time after time and we never do a single thing about it. You watch now out of habit. The enjoyment is non existent.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't seem to be a thread so...

...another really hard watch, and once the opposition does anything with speed and incision we part like the Red Sea.

Our "attackers" are truly pathetic in their lack of hunger to hurt the opposition. I can't stand watching Sarabia, Cunha and Silva waft around to no effect whatsoever when you see every single other team in the division have players who actually want to score a goal.

I've thought since day 1 that we will struggle to get 30 points and am just contenting/deluding myself into believing that Luton, Burnley and the Blades won't reach 30 anyway.
Yep, more or less what I think too. Still far too many show ponies stealing a living. And Gary O'Neil isn't the answer, should be learning his trade in League 1. He is there because, unlike Lopetegui, he isn't "difficult". What a false economy to force him out. It'll cost FOSUN a lot more money if we go down, as looks very likely at the moment.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Kilman hopeless for all 3 goals. Just got to hope the new signings give the team something different. It's another one of those performances where we look so timid.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Controlled much of the first half but our front players (with the exception of Neto) and Gomes absolutely butchered some decent positions.

Second half was woeful. Defensively suspect, absolutely no cohesion going forward and tired physically to a worrying extent.

Only slight positive was Neto. And Sa made a couple of decent saves.

All in all though, a hugely concerning performance against a Palace side who didn’t have to play well to beat us. Continues a trend of performances worsening week on week and just brings home what a shambles we made of the close-season period. Sleepwalking towards relegation.

Sa 6
Semedo 5
Dawson 5
Kilman 4
RAN 5
Neto 7
Gomes 5
Lemina 6
Sarabia 4
Fabio 5
Cunha 5

Hwang 6
Traore 5
Sasa N/A
Bueno N/A

We’re in huge trouble this year. And speaking honestly, we deserve to be.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We were good for large parts winning the ball back and keeping it but lack of edge up front continues to be the theme. A truly baffling sub to bring Silva off to be replaced by Bouba and push Lemina deeper. In hindsight perhaps Sasa for Silva and continue being positive? Sometimes coaches try to be too clever when in truth basics are needed.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As per the Everton game, 4 forwards flat line, no one playing between the lines, Cunha, that lad that can pick the ball up deep and run at the heart of a defence, playing as a no. 9, while the no. 9 plays deeper where he's muscled off the ball.

It was poor judgement to do this against Everton.
It's sheer ineptitude to repeat it in the next game

R1ch

Reaction score
Performances are getting worse, where do you even start. I'm gutted this was the best they thought they could get. I'm not even convinced these players are taking to O'Neil and his coaches.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Heads went, that's the main issue forme
Blame individual players for specific moments but why are they in that situation.
Winners battle losers dont

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fairly standard Wolves performance really - ineffective going forward, dodgy at the back.

zedkiel60

Groupie
Reaction score
We lost today for a simple reason, our defence ( like against Brighton )went missing again after half time. Hopefully the new players hit the ground running and improve us in certain areas. GON now has 2 weeks to get this team working as a unit.

L78

Reaction score
Positives we scored 2 goals against a very poor crystal Palace team

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were well in the game, especially as the away side, until they scored then we seemed to totally lose our shape and our performance levels dropped well off. This mid-press we're doing can't work if we can't make it last the whole match, or if we can't make sure we're at least 1-0 up when we do tire.

Don't think Silva and Cunha can play together either, they want to play in the same part of the pitch and we lack a focal point. Hwang or Sasa in for Silva for me.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to hope the new guys bring something different to this team
Same old passing it sideways and backwards till the opposition press them into mistakes
We are not good enough at the back to try and do a Man City
Move the ball faster even bypass the midfield anything to avoid the mistakes we hand to the opposition every single game
Silva looked lost,Gomes struggles in a two,Sarabia no influence,Cunha is not a centre forward ffs
Sort it out GON or you will be very quickly

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The classic Selhurst Park performance. Lose without them having to play remotely well. Get back into the game and give them the impetus. It's just so predictable, and we all know we'll go to Luton and do the same.

The lack of midfielder runners is killing us time after time and we never do a single thing about it. You watch now out of habit. The enjoyment is non existent.
You’re so right regarding the enjoyment and watching out of habit.
We’re just weak all over the pitch.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half we looked the better side for the most part but as usual not up to much in the final third.

Second half? Not sure what to say, Palace made adjustments, we didn't really. After the equalizer we were a shambles really. GON subs a complete mess. Truly hopeless.

Player wise, full backs both poor defensively and certainly time for Doc ahead of Semedo who is just a pathetic player and needs binning asap. Kilman? People up in arms that we may sell for 35 million ffs, he isn't worth half of that, or even a quarter of it. We could be sat now with Elvedi and Santi Bueno instead.

Gomes poor today but he gets a pass as he is normally better. Silva? What can you say, dreadful today and never EVER a generational talent. Why is Sasa only getting ten minute cameos? Cunha poor today as well but he gets a pass also. Neto the pick today for me.

Concerned for the first time in a few years.

Wolfenstein

Groupie
Reaction score
The players are making it pretty obvious they don't want to play for Gary O'Neil.
I think it’s more clear the players just don’t want to play for Wolves knowing they have an incompetent, controlling, non communicating CEO in charge of the club.

This has been going on for several managers now. There is one common denominator still staying within the equation and that is Shi.

T

TheConcourse

And who in? Who would come?
A traffic cone.

Or, god forbid, the football club have a contingency plan in place which aligns with our footballing philosophy and already has a list of 10 managers in world football who would love a crack at the Premier League.

Back
Top Bottom