Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Palace Pre-Match Thread

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's Palace at Selhurst Park, looking to make it a clean sweep against The Eagles this season.

A case of two teams not in full flow and need a performance, to give them a kick-start. And even if Wednesday was a unconvential way of getting a point, I really hope our sturn defence carries forth into this afternoon.

Obs worried about Nuno's comment of there being a big problem - one would suspect a key man is out and no one will know who - until the team news hits.

Finally: It does feel nice: TO HAVE A SATURDAY 3PM KICK OFF - for the 1st time since Brighton at Molineux pre-Lockdown 1 on March 7th 2020!

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you happen to experience any strange gravitational anomalies today, don't panic, we're just entering Zaha's orbit. We should manage to pull free of it with three points later today.

We've done pretty well against Palace in recent seasons. Hopefully, it will continue today.

Hodgson's tactics have been consistently poor against us, setting up with a narrow midfield and giving us the freedom to do as we like in the wide areas. It will be interesting to see if he changes today.

We can win this!!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nearly a year since our last 3 o'clock kick off. I recall when every game kicked off at that time. Anyway of the players can get used to kicking off at this strange time then I fancy we could get a result at Selhurst Park. Which if I may add, to this day remains the worst ground to get to for a game.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's Palace at Selhurst Park, looking to make it a clean sweep against The Eagles this season.

A case of two teams not in full flow and need a performance, to give them a kick-start. And even if Wednesday was a unconvential way of getting a point, I really hope our sturn defence carries forth into this afternoon.

Obs worried about Nuno's comment of there being a big problem - one would suspect a key man is out and no one will know who - until the team news hits.

Finally: It does feel nice: TO HAVE A SATURDAY 3PM KICK OFF - for the 1st time since Brighton at Molineux pre-Lockdown 1 on March 7th 2020!
Pretty much 11 months since a Sat 3pm ko.... Good grief...

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a must win game however a point wouldnt be the end of the world as its as much a must not lose game as it is a must win, if you can understand my meaning :D. Palace will score so we must look to take the game to them as i doubt 1 goal will be enough for a win, Im happy to be proved wrong.
As for Nuno indicating there may be a big problem Im thinking Neto, Coady or could it be Semedo ? which would leave us short at WB..

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Big day today with Fulham playing WBA. Defeat for us with one of those two winning and it starts to get a little worrying.

Conversely, a win for us today and a draw in that game and all of a sudden, we’re looking at teams above us rather than nervously looking down.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'd do ourselves a massive favour today if we don't concede the first goal, something we have done a lot, apart from the chelsea game obviously
Quitely confident of a 1-0 or 2-0 win

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nearly a year since our last 3 o'clock kick off. I recall when every game kicked off at that time. Anyway of the players can get used to kicking off at this strange time then I fancy we could get a result at Selhurst Park. Which if I may add, to this day remains the worst ground to get to for a game.
Enjoyed the day out there a couple of years ago even if there was a low hanging girder whatever in the sight line. Enjoyed the eagle before the game too! In the right place that was very cool! And Jota scored very late on to equalise. A good day.
It will be a tough match today. Patience needed from us all. Haha!! Not a chance! Anyway, a win would be very welcome. At least a strong defence again.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wow, I didn’t realise that it’s coming up to a year since we’ve had a Saturday 3 o’clock kick off.

Imagine trying to explain that to Cullis Wright or even Dougan of later years!!

Daft

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not an easy game - when are they in the Prem! After getting a result at Chelsea, it feels like today will be a formality from some of the comments, but we shouldn't underestimate Palace. Hope we're at full (ish) strength, regardless of what Nuno said and that we can keep it tight at the back. Zaha is always a threat, but Palace have additional match winners in Eze and Townsend. A win lifts the pressure on us enormously.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Enjoyed the day out there a couple of years ago even if there was a low hanging girder whatever in the sight line. Enjoyed the eagle before the game too! In the right place that was very cool! And Jota scored very late on to equalise. A good day.
It will be a tough match today. Patience needed from us all. Haha!! Not a chance! Anyway, a win would be very welcome. At least a strong defence again.
I've been there quite a few times and seen the Eagle flying, it's a wonderful sight. Unfortunately Kayla, the bald eagle who flew before Palace games died of an illness last June at the age of 26, after many years of service at Selhurst Park.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think today will be tough. Anyone assuming we're going to blow Palace away, just because we drew 0-0 at Chelsea is simply wrong. Very difficult and - as plenty of people have said - defeat does nae bear thinking about

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must be in a minority. In the present circumstances it makes not a jot of difference it happens at 3pm on a Saturday. If anything it makes it harder to watch.

Fingers crossed today. Need to keep the discipline and momentum going.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I must be in a minority. In the present circumstances it makes not a jot of difference it happens at 3pm on a Saturday. If anything it makes it harder to watch.

Fingers crossed today. Need to keep the discipline and momentum going.
Same unless your going makes no difference what time kick off is

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massive game. Not hugely confident to be honest but hopefully the Chelsea clean sheet is a bit of a turning point for us.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the Chelsea game stopped the defensive rot, today is a chance to regain the attacking confidence... we've had Palace's number of late, and Woy doesn't seem to realise it's not a great idea to give our wide players space... same again today and we will create enough chances to score 2-3 minimum... lets make it count

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Season defining game for me the result is all that matters we need a win.

Alienwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s a “must not lose” for both teams. Looks like a 0-0 to me.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate playing them at theirs! As comfortable as I feel when we have them at home its flipped right over with them more than any other team when we're at their place. And I'm still the same even with recent successes haha

Last edited:

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s the 56th anniversary of my first ever Wolves game. (2-2 Rotherham in the FA Cup, but we did win the replay!)
Come on Wolves, give me something to celebrate and allow me to continue my love affair.
Remember that game, it was the day they buried Winston Churchill. Ron Flowers got the equaliser with two minutes to go. It bobbled in slowly and just made it over the line!

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not feeling too confident have to say
As I wrote just now, I never do away to these more than any other team!!

Minor edit. I have the same feeling for Reading!! Those early/mid 90's visits have left me scarred!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s the 56th anniversary of my first ever Wolves game. (2-2 Rotherham in the FA Cup, but we did win the replay!)
Come on Wolves, give me something to celebrate and allow me to continue my love affair.
Congratulations you old git, lol.... Hope that your wishes come true.

Back
Top Bottom