Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pace

Tired&Emotional

Groupie
Reaction score
We can all see there are many, many things wrong at Wolves right now but the lack of pace in our side worries me greatly.

Huddersfield showed today in the benefits of pace. We simply couldn't deal with the pace of Scannell and Beckford in particular.

Our players are so slow. The two centre backs are like tug boats. The two centre midfielders barely move above a jog (I'm not even sure that O'Hara can get up to jogging pace). The wide midfielders were ghosted passed. I could go on.

If I were Steve Bruce I'd be instructing my players to run at Wolves because we simply can not deal with it.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree the lack of pace and movement in our team has killed us yet again, the only player we have now (who plays) with pace is Sig and it shows.

It's easy to see why we are where we are, the lack of pace and movement throughout the team combined with a very rigid 442 makes us soo easy to play against. Our lack of technical ability a over the pitch just tops it off.

Our workhorse's have been flogged to hard and have turned into donkeys.
Give me a lightening quick thoroughbred any day of the week.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on boys.

There's nothing I can really add if I'm honest.

C

crazywolfy

Maybe But Pace ain't everything! Skill can turn a few heads get you to sight on goal.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pace hurts teams , our lack of pace hurts us.

Huddersfield held Beckford back for this same reason and we couldnt handle him when he came on in much the same way he smashed us about in the away game.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pace hurts teams , our lack of pace hurts us.

Huddersfield held Beckford back for this same reason and we couldnt handle him when he came on in much the same way he smashed us about in the away game.

We were lucky they didn't start him, every Wolves fan knew he'd rip us a new one today.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were lucky they didn't start him, every Wolves fan knew he'd rip us a new one today.

He only needed a couple of mintues to do that and they waited till our 2 great lumps at the back were knackered.

I would say Robins called it right as they got the result they wanted.

J

johnybig32

We can't deal with long balls either.

Which considering is the only thing RJ and Gorrks can do says a lot.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can't deal with long balls either.

Which considering is the only thing RJ and Gorrks can do says a lot.
Both premier League footballers as are DDV, Hunt, KH and KD. How such experienced players are in such a dire position says so much about how bad things are (and have been for some time) at Wolves. Us fans don't know a half of what's going on at the Club and if we did know I'm sure we'd be shocked. Things are rotten from the very top to the bottom.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree but also the lack of quality is frightening sometimes.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said on the prediction thread for Huddersfield game that pace would be our undoing as it always is and what happens?
We are so predictably bad it is ridiculous. We have zero pace in our side and cant mark pace. It is utter dross.

F

Floydstreet

Spot on, little pace for a while now (need boukari or sako in an ideal world)
Skill can get around that, sadly we are short in that department as well

How have we sunk this low

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both are useless waste of space.

A pub team striker would score against Johnson and Gorkss and I'm being serious. Danny Batth must be fuming. We just cannot keep a clean sheet.

How on earth we have committed ourselves to buying Gorkss if we stay up is totally and absolutely bewildering. He's not good enough for us if we end up in League 1! And 20k a week just shows how bad some of the Clubs decisions are and have been!!!

F

Floydstreet

Batth will and must play on Tuesday
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

I'd love to be optimistic and ask for peskzo as well but never going to happen.
We have far better converted full backs to play there !

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was a caller on WM after the game saying that he had heard Batth had refused to sign a new contract. Cant really blame him if this is true.

Back
Top Bottom