Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Our dressing room

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We’ve all seen documentaries of football teams and see the explosions and letting off of steam in the dressing room following a game so I was wondering what ours is like? Think it was Spurs with Dele Ali and Winks having a row. Basically Ali blaming team mates which when challenged by Winks he wouldn’t name them. The players we have, the winners in that dressing room can’t be happy and surely some venting takes place.I’m wondering who has been on the end of such rollickings and if it’s helped or been counter productive? Say what you like about Mout he is a winner and has been described as being a bad loser even at head tennis games. No way is a player like Mout keeping quiet in a losing dressing room (even though he hasn’t exactly covered himself in glory this season).

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
None of them. I bet some have individual strops and that is it. Coady is too much of a nice guy to be a captain. They are friends on and off the pitch which has prevented them from progressing.

Biffana wolf

Reaction score
They need to get together with nuno and say let's us perform and express ourselves and let us play as a team not as a defensive unit. Lets us sometimes play it over the top, play a ball in through behind. Let our midfielders go over the halfway line. And let's have coads and mout out for a bit and a captain in the midfield.
Finally let's have a front 6 3 forwards 3 midfielders and a back for and let us press teams all over the pitch. And attack in numbers.
Thanks boss, by the way this will save your job.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I'd drop Coady now and give the captaincy to Neves. He is our best player, seems level headed and intelligent and can lead by example. Like all the others he needs to raise his game and I believe he can inspire younger colleagues, like Otasowie and Vitinha. I think the time has come for Nuno, not known for big changes, to step up to the plate and take some bold decisions. It can't get much worse than doing nothing.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
None of them. I bet some have individual strops and that is it. Coady is too much of a nice guy to be a captain. They are friends on and off the pitch which has prevented them from progressing.
Indeed. It’s the cosiest of cosy clubs

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I'd drop Coady now and give the captaincy to Neves. He is our best player, seems level headed and intelligent and can lead by example. Like all the others he needs to raise his game and I believe he can inspire younger colleagues, like Otasowie and Vitinha. I think the time has come for Nuno, not known for big changes, to step up to the plate and take some bold decisions. It can't get much worse than doing nothing.
debateable

I think calling Neves are best player at the moment is a bit of a stretch

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re lacking a real leader in an aggressive sense I feel, a tough guy if you will. There’s not one who stands out to me who likes a scrap.

daniel corfield

Groupie
Reaction score

If Neves is our best player we really are in the ****.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They need to get together with nuno and say let's us perform and express ourselves and let us play as a team not as a defensive unit. Lets us sometimes play it over the top, play a ball in through behind. Let our midfielders go over the halfway line. And let's have coads and mout out for a bit and a captain in the midfield.
Finally let's have a front 6 3 forwards 3 midfielders and a back for and let us press teams all over the pitch. And attack in numbers.
Thanks boss, by the way this will save your job.
Like it. These are professional footballers many of them internationals so they know how to play. They need to take it upon themselves to play the football that will win games. Nuno seemed to point at the players as not obeying his orders with faster passing, moving and attacking play. For me we need to push up the pitch more. Coady is captain and I think as he is suspect to a pacy forward he holds back too far which in turns drags our midfield too deep and cuts off the forward line to some extent. These players must be brave and help themselves and Nuno out of this hole. If that means a showdown between staff & players then so be it. Anything that will kick this malaise out of the club.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re lacking a real leader in an aggressive sense I feel, a tough guy if you will. There’s not one who stands out to me who likes a scrap.
Ryan Bennett, Doc and Jota fit that bill but ,of course, they've all been sold!

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'At the moment' yes but on his day player for player imo he is head and shoulders above anyone in our squad. That his talent has been so wasted over the past 12 months is shocking.

The dude has serious problems in his game, and has for a long time. Firstly, he can't hit a barn door at the moment, his creative long balls have not had a proper impact since jota was sold, he passes backwards far too much, and he's not been the greatest defensively. He's gone from being heralded as a generational talent to a pretty mediocre premier league midfielder. I wish you were correct about him being our best player, but that honour goes to Raul, then to Patricio, then to Neto. I hope that something changes and he shows this talent again, but for all too long he's not been in the game properly.

Wolf79

Groupie
Reaction score
Had a great game against the Albion, very inspiring?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
New week new *******s. So we are struggling because the dressing room is too harmonious. I wonder what the next stupid theory will be.

We're struggling because other teams players are better than ours? Or other teams managers get their players performing better than ours? No! Absolutely crazy.Won't hear a word of it!

The truth is that Dean Smith sold his soul at the crossroads to the devil of VAR in exchange for survival last year and as part of the deal, cursed us. How else can you explain our reversal this season? It makes sense. :D

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The dude has serious problems in his game, and has for a long time. Firstly, he can't hit a barn door at the moment, his creative long balls have not had a proper impact since jota was sold, he passes backwards far too much, and he's not been the greatest defensively. He's gone from being heralded as a generational talent to a pretty mediocre premier league midfielder. I wish you were correct about him being our best player, but that honour goes to Raul, then to Patricio, then to Neto. I hope that something changes and he shows this talent again, but for all too long he's not been in the game properly.

He is easily our best player and he will prove it here or elsewhere. He is criminally underated for some bizarre reason. We just dont get the best out of him

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have NO idea nor will I speculate what the attitude is like among the players. But I hope that all is ok, at least.
A run of bad results will cause strain.
One advantage is that the games are tight......we’re not getting murdered...Jose came within a whisker of scoring two.
Popping a couple against Arsenal would be a great lift, even if it’s a draw.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Who would you want in the trenches with you?

We need a Mike Bailey type (yes I know I’m going back a bit) captain who would roll up his sleeves and give players a rollicking!

We just seem too nice. What Conor says in the huddles before kick off would be interesting to hear! Seem a waste of time atm don’t they.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good call, and even have Coady reverting to a midfield option, being his original position. A captain isn't a captain of a ship forever.

R

reanswolf

I suspect they are a bit frustrated, what they say as a group may be different to what they feel in private.
They must see Mouts is ageing and unable to have the same influence, but who is gonna point that out in a team group?

If Nuno doesn't see this, what can any of them do?

D

Deleted member LP 3925

On the evidence of reading this forum, that pit is about the size of the Atlantic.
I’m sure Parky is a nice lad, but joining on 17th I’d January, traditionally around the most miserable time of the calendar says something; I mean wasn’t the classic thread ‘Nuno Sees The Problems’ enough for him?
What’s next ‘It’s futile as the Molineux Gypsy Curse is too powerful’?

R

reanswolf

I wonder if the pit of misery is anything to do with the fact that we are just above the relegation zone, or to do with the fact that our position in the current form league is BOTTOM, or to do with the fact that we seem unable to recognise our weaknesses & address them?

I recall how the same complacent posters mocked when people suggested we would struggle, earlier in the season. Stay calm and watch us disintegrate.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if the pit of misery is anything to do with the fact that we are just above the relegation zone, or to do with the fact that our position in the current form league is BOTTOM, or to do with the fact that we seem unable to recognise our weaknesses & address them?

I recall how the same complacent posters mocked when people suggested we would struggle, earlier in the season. Stay calm and watch us disintegrate.
Reans, I apologise if you think I'm mocking you. I appreciate and enjoy your posts. It's certainly not my intention to mock, just that I get fed up of so much negative speculation.

You're right though: we are 'just' (though 9 points from memory) above the relegation zone, bottom of the form league - and, I would add to your comments, also playing **** football.

And we certainly haven’t addressed our weaknesses, though I guess we have recognised them.

But there is some light at the end of the tunnel - Willian's debut, senior players nearing the end of their long-term injuries, and recent signings settling in.

I'm not complacent, though; I love this club as much as any supporter and would be upset to see it go down. I'm sure all posters do. Hope we can agree that there is this light at the end of the tunnel, even if it's possibly a bit brighter in my eyes than in yours! Let's also hope for something positive from today.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m sure Parky is a nice lad, but joining on 17th I’d January, traditionally around the most miserable time of the calendar says something; I mean wasn’t the classic thread ‘Nuno Sees The Problems’ enough for him?
What’s next ‘It’s futile as the Molineux Gypsy Curse is too powerful’?
Cheers, yeah I’m a decent lad originally from Parkfields. I joined after the Albion defeat because I was totally ****ed off with it. Been a fan since 83 when I was 10 so yeah I’ve seen some carp over the years. No I wasn’t at Chorley I was too young for an away night game. The point of the post was I would love to know how the dressing room is after a loss. Are the players as ****ed off as us fans? Is there a big mouth calling out his team mates? Does Nuno have a rant? We’re all fans , we all have opinions and we can all express our opinions despite the length of joining an Internet forum. You wanna happy clap? Fine I’m not going to have a pop at you for it, that’s your decision. I’m not so happy with recent performances though so let me have my say without the veiled attempt at **** taking. Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Saiss, Donk, Neto,Podence and new boy Jose looks like someone not to be messed with.

R

reanswolf

Tho I did highlight great concern way earlie rin the season.Reans, I apologise if you think I'm mocking you. I appreciate and enjoy your posts. It's certainly not my intention to mock, just that I get fed up of so much negative speculation.

You're right though: we are 'just' (though 9 points from memory) above the relegation zone, bottom of the form league - and, I would add to your comments, also playing **** football.

And we certainly haven’t addressed our weaknesses, though I guess we have recognised them.

But there is some light at the end of the tunnel - Willian's debut, senior players nearing the end of their long-term injuries, and recent signings settling in.

I'm not complacent, though; I love this club as much as any supporter and would be upset to see it go down. I'm sure all posters do. Hope we can agree that there is this light at the end of the tunnel, even if it's possibly a bit brighter in my eyes than in yours! Let's also hope for something positive from today.
Not at all mate, I understand people being tired of negativity.
People have just as much right to criticse me as the next person, as long as its not sarky (like some of Hawkguys posts about Dendocker for example) I have no issue.
I guess it often just boils down to individual personal character.
I am deeply frustrated and extremely worried, but that is probably a reflection of my character.
I have been worried since early in the season, when it felt like everyone else took the **** out of me :)-.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are the players as ****ed off as us fans? Is there a big mouth calling out his team mates? Does Nuno have a rant?

I think it's clear that the players love winning, and hate losing, so of course they're annoyed.

Why would we even want a "big mouth, calling out his team mates"? The only reason you need that is if people aren't trying, which surely isn't the case. If the players aren't confident, which to me seems to be the case, the last thing they need is some mouthy gob-blight giving them a dressing down because he's the kind of moron who thinks that doing that means he cares more, or makes him a good old fashioned tough guy.

In case anyone is interested as to why people get the idea that carp like that helps, it's nicely explained by the story of a fighter pilot trainer:

“I’ve screamed at people for badly executed manoeuvres, and by and large the next time they improve. I’ve often praised people warmly for beautifully executed manoeuvres, and the next time they almost always do worse. Don’t tell me that reward works and punishment doesn’t."

If you look at the long-term average a pilot will get better as he develops his skill. But in the short-term you might as well be rolling dice.

If you land your plane badly (or roll a double one) and your flight instructor screams at you, chances are next time your performance will get better.

If you land beautifully (or roll a double six) and he praises you, chances are next time your performance will be distinctly average. It will “regress to the mean”.

Of course that has nothing to do with the behaviour of your manager / coach / flight instructor. All he has managed to do is **** you off.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not at all mate, I understand people being tired of negativity.
People have just as much right to criticse me as the next person, as long as its not sarky (like some of Hawkguys posts about Dendocker for example) I have no issue.
I guess it often just boils down to individual personal character.
I am deeply frustrated and extremely worried, but that is probably a reflection of my character.
I have been worried since early in the season, when it felt like everyone else took the **** out of me :)-.
Thanks Reans.

I'm also worried and frustrated (though the missus has something to do with the latter one!).

Tell you what, though, if your worries are realised, nobody will be taking the proverbial again.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Cheers, yeah I’m a decent lad originally from Parkfields. I joined after the Albion defeat because I was totally ****ed off with it. Been a fan since 83 when I was 10 so yeah I’ve seen some carp over the years. No I wasn’t at Chorley I was too young for an away night game. The point of the post was I would love to know how the dressing room is after a loss. Are the players as ****ed off as us fans? Is there a big mouth calling out his team mates? Does Nuno have a rant? We’re all fans , we all have opinions and we can all express our opinions despite the length of joining an Internet forum. You wanna happy clap? Fine I’m not going to have a pop at you for it, that’s your decision. I’m not so happy with recent performances though so let me have my say without the veiled attempt at **** taking. Cheers
Three years before my first match. I feel your pain too but the thousand variations of the same topic (you may well have missed a few before you registered) are swamping this board and my way of coping is to take the ****, and certainly not in a very veiled fashion.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Three years before my first match. I feel your pain too but the thousand variations of the same topic (you may well have missed a few before you registered) are swamping this board and my way of coping is to take the ****, and certainly not in a very veiled fashion.
OK fair enough pal. I guess we’re all feeling a bit narked at the moment. No offence intended.

Back
Top Bottom